• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad Is The Best Show Ever Made

I rarely ever give movies or shows a perfect score even if I love them but Breaking Bad is 10/10.

The show is perfect. I can rewatch it over and over and watching it again on AMC right now.

I should own the series on Blu-ray or VUDU one day.

I love this show. Almost nothing comes close into how compelling it is, with great characters and actors, stories, etc.

giphy.gif

Sopranos is the GOAT

Definitely in my Top 5

Throughout the arc of the show I would take turns between loving and hating each of the main characters, Walt, Jesse, Skylar. Hell, even Hank

Some truly memorable moments

Sopranos definitely in my Top 3

Last edited:
if you've never seen sopranos before and you start watching it, several times you'll think "OH THAT'S WHERE BREAKING BAD GOT THAT FROM"

the creators of breaking bad are clearly huge fans of the sopranos

Last edited:
Yeah The Sopranos is amazing as well.

Also OP, did you check out the BB spinoff, Better Call Saul? Good shit too.
im eagerly awaiting season 5 coming later this month

lalo is gonna fuck shit up

the one thing i dislike about BCS is how they kinda make mike a flawless mega expert at everything

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Yeah man, probably. There's shows that've had seasons I preferred over any particular Breaking Bad season, but never a show that was quite as good from start to finish. It's the curse of season six, I tell ya. Season sixes ruin shows. That's why Breaking Bad had a Season 5A, and Season 5B.
Game of Thrones? Five great seasons.
Dexter? Four great, one pretty alright.
House of Cards? Well, you tell me, which season doesn't have Kevin Spacey?
Stranger Things? Well, wait, hold on, season 3 was garbage...

I wish more shows could start strong, and end stronger, like Breaking Bad did. Even its spinoffs are top-tier.

Last edited:

jadedm17

Yes. Two things:

1. Every moment is purposeful. Genuinely cant think of a single scene you dont learn something about the characters. Not a second is wasted.

2. Every decision makes sense. I love a lot of shows but i cant help but think sometimes "Would they really do that, say that?" Ive never doubted Breaking Bad, every reaction feels genuine.

Best show ever. Agreed.

And while we're at it Community gets best pilot episode, with Malcolm in the Middle getting best series finale. (Oh hey another Bryan Cranston show.)

House of Cards? Well, you tell me, which season doesn't have Kevin Spacey?
The last one.

OT: Breaking Bad is amazing but the Sopranos are much better imo.
What's also amazing is The Wire, Weeds, Dexter, Bosch, The Shield, Rome, The Tudors, Oz, House of cards (except the last season),
I highly reccomend that you people watch Bosch. It's insanely high quality.

Never seen the Sopranos. I'm not sure if it's mt cup of tea but then again I didn't think Breaking Bad would be either let alone ending up as one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Fwiw I'm mostly a sci-fi person but the only shows in that genre that I'm enjoying is The Expanse. I liked Fringe with the exception of the final season.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
The characters are way too stupid/obnoxious/illogical, but it was a really good time.

I’m just not in the ‘best show ever’ camp about it. Some of the best TV moments ever though, absolutely. It was crazy how high they could take the tension in some scenes.

The shield is way underrated even today.

Curiously the worst episode of breaking bad is directed by no other than mister ryan johnson lol
Which episode was that?

The only episode I thought was not that good was unironically "Fly", the episode everyone else thought was one of the best.

Edit: lmao that IS the Rian Johnson episode. Figures.

Last edited:
Also wanted to say it kinda blew me mind when I found out Anna Gunn was also the voice of a character in one of the best video game series ever made, Legacy of Kain.

lock2k

Banned
I rarely ever give movies or shows a perfect score even if I love them but Breaking Bad is 10/10.

The show is perfect. I can rewatch it over and over and watching it again on AMC right now.

I should own the series on Blu-ray or VUDU one day.

I love this show. Almost nothing comes close into how compelling it is, with great characters and actors, stories, etc.
I don't know if best ever but it's surely in my list of best series ever. And I only watched it last year. It shits all over Lost and Game of Thrones.

Last edited:
I don't know if best ever but it's surely in my list of best series ever. And I only watched it last year. It shits all over Lost and Game of Thrones.
As much as I like fantasy, I could never get myself to watch GoT. Besides it seemed more "low fantasy" anyhow. And I heard about that finale....

Simpsons is my favorite all time.
Simpsons was good up until Season 8.

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Not by a long shot. It was alright the first time through, just alright. Horrible casting of characters, horrible pacing and the show that started the 'bingeable' TV show style that has plagued all new shows

That was due to the way it appeared on Netflix.

A friend of mine told me about BB a couple of weeks after it started airing, so I was watching torrents from virtually the beginning. I actually lost interest shortly before Netflix started showing it. Forced myself to watch the rest. The last episode was great, but everything from the cartoon conclusion of Gus was pretty stupid.

Leprech

When i watched it i didnt think it was anything special or has anything that stands out all that much, just a average show...
then i looked online lol seeing all the people praising it as the best show is pretty bewildering tbh... eh not every show needs to be for me lol

Last edited:

RSB

Banned
It's a very good show, but my top 3 is still The Sopranos, The Wire and The Shield (not necessarily in that order)

BTW, I watched El Camino last month and I enjoyed it WAY more than I was expecting. Sure, the movie is kind of unnecessary, but man is it good.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Haha co-sign started re-watching the whole series last month on Netflix and just finished watching the last episode today it's so fukking good Vince gilligan knows his sh!t excited for the next better call saul season. I started rewatching El Camino 2day too lol after the last episode

Top Bottom