• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 1 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

MBXJo.jpg

qjUbN.jpg

lol This is really funny.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure we've been questioning walt's decisions since...episode 1x01, titled "Pilot" (or "Breaking Bad" swing either way)

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. There was some sympathy and pity in the beginning.

I've just started watching The Wire, and it's taken a bit of the excitement out of BB for me... Looking forward to this season going somewhere.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Hank comes snooping where he shouldn't be without a warrant, is about to find something, Mike catches him in the act....

ONE OPTION LEFT.

Walt will certainly be there in such a scenario. Gilligan wouldn't allow such a great moment (Hank's death) to not be used to boost Walt's evilness.

Socreges

Banned
I like how back to back episodes have ended with poignant, tender family scenes. They seem to really be pushing the family angle with Walt this season, at least early on. Of course, the tragedy here is that these idyllic, precious moments can't last, and we know it.
Pretty weak stuff, Puddles.

Walt will certainly be there in such a scenario. Gilligan wouldn't allow such a great moment (Hank's death) to not be used to boost Walt's evilness.
I agree. Especially this season. It's clear we're being manipulated by the writers here. They're going out of their way to give other characters like Mike and Jesse moments of humanity, while going out of their way to give Walt opposite moments, lol.

By the end of the series I wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with an idea to round up those who oppose him in concentration camps. And writes his own book called The Only Solution.

Depends on what Walt's fate is. I will be extremely glad if he ends up safe and sound and cancer-free with all his family there with him. I will be extremely sad if Gilligan cops out and has him die or end up in jail.
I think you've dramatically misinterpreted the entire show.

i wonder when walt is gonna use the ricin from the cigarette that he hid behind his outlet to kill jesse/come back to bite him in the ass.

Amazing episode, but that "dialect" of the German characters..

I wonder if I'd could be successful as an actor if I'd move to Hollywood and just accept roles of people who speak German as their first language. Well, 90% of those roles would be Nazis, but whatever.

I think you're confused, I'm not Puddles. I don't think Walt's the same. I don't think he's worthy of admiration. I don't think he's done anything for his family since maybe season 2. I never said anything to the contrary.

What I said was that us questioning Walt's decision and treating him as a villain is not a new thing. It's supposed to have been happening the whole time

My response was directed at you in the first place, and no I am not confused.

My whole point is that Walt season 1 is not a villain. Sure he performed questionable acts early on, but if you believed he was a villain in the beginning than you view morality different than I do.

I wonder if I'd could be successful as an actor if I'd move to Hollywood and just accept roles of people who speak German as their first language. Well, 90% of those roles would be Nazis, but whatever.

Thought the same about the "dialect". It was just... horrible.

Edit: Just a small question. Why did Mike accepted Walters offer after the talk with the lady?

CassSept

Was I the only one that had a pretty good idea what was going to happen at the end after seeing that camera angle? I'm pretty sure it's a very close recreation of a shot in season one where Walt "takes" Skylar from behind as well, with obviously a HUGELY different tone that time.

That was the first thing that came to my mind, only much much more disturbing this time around.

Anyway, that cold opening, seriously. That's 2/2, amazing. German accent felt off, even if it did seemingly sound ok (though I guess Germans would be more reliable here).

Aaron Paul has just won another Emmy, huh? That scene was masterful, the way he just broke down out of nowhere.

Some other things: BREAKFAST'S BACK. Hank has been amazing again (he knows, he has to, right? Plus the sdene with Mike).

Oh and that list by what's-her-face. Breaking Bill? Kill Mike?

Finally, while I love Sepinwall, I'm disagreeing with his review.

"Breaking Bad" season 4 opened at a much more frenzied pace than we've gotten in these first two episodes, but that's felt right.

Season 4 started VERY slowly and was meandering through the first episodes. Here it's obvious we've entered the endgame and that everything is already clearly laid out, up to the end. Thanks to which it hit it's strie right off the bat, instead of only several episodes in.

Vlad

My response was directed at you in the first place, and no I am not confused.

My whole point is that Walt season 1 is not a villain. Sure he performed questionable acts early on, but if you believed he was a villain in the beginning than you view morality different than I do.

I don't think anybody thinks that S1 Walt is anywhere near the same level of villainy that S5 Walt is currently wallowing in, but even then there was the first sparks of his endless capacity for selfishness. Him turning down the Gray Matter job was a huge glimpse into what kind of person Walt really is.

Yeah I don't see the slow complaints at all this season. Last season was a long and slow build up to a great payoff. Here it seems a lot of things are happening fast. Hank's persuit, Walt back in business, new characters, etc... all in 2 episodes.

What i think is they are airing the first half of the last season now... then gonna stop (i know what u think... they said it befor) but what i mean is... they gonna build up the last half with viral marketing, web episodes from minor characters etc so we are guessing what could come up next and then we all gonna explode on the last episode of Breaking Bad.

Grinchy

Banned
FYI, that's rape.

I tried to word it in a way that I wouldn't get this response, but I'm on negoaf.

The fact that it's rape is why I said I got a rape vibe from the scene. I was just saying that in Walt's fucked up brain, it wasn't rape because he doesn't realize how desperately she wants nothing to do with him. Where's Puddles when you need him?

I tried to word it in a way that I wouldn't get this response, but I'm on negoaf.

The fact that it's rape is why I said I got a rape vibe from the scene. I was just saying that in Walt's fucked up brain, it wasn't rape because he doesn't realize how desperately she wants nothing to do with him. Where's Puddles when you need him?

To quote Gillie, while discussing the extended (ew) version of the scene that got cut (EW) and the reasoning it was cut (for time [EW!!]), in the script, Skylar intercepted Walt's advances (and for the record, it was not Walt's underpants that were being removed [EEWWWWWWW]) with a handjob, "It was getting kind of rapey. But it was supposed to."

So that's that.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Man, that final scene was even more intense than the previous ending. Walt's beyond messed up and I feel bad for Jesse :(

The time bomb comment made me sure that Walt's dead before the end. By now I hope Jesse gets to do it, and Mike should run off with the money

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I started from season 1 exactly 2 weeks ago and just saw last night's episode, finally caught up. So now I can safely enter a Breaking Bad thread and say this show is badass. That is all.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I was jacked up on cold medicine last night, so I don't really have many thoughts on 'Madrigal'. I thought it was a good episode overall, and I was really moved by Aaron Paul's performance, particularly in the beginning. Dude can act.

Also, I thought it was interesting that Mike was watching 'The Caine Mutiny', starring Humphrey Bogart. In the movie, Bogie plays a captain of a ship who is delusional (and mean) and his crew mutinies against him.

Korey

The Shield spoiler warning

I can already see how this is going to end. Walt will get away with everything while everyone close to him will take the fall, just like the Shield. The only person that will escape "unscathed" is Walter Jr.

For some reason, it just seems like that kind of show to me. I'll be ready to quote this come episode 16.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man

It's not like the Spanish on the show has been great, either. Most of them sound like Americans speaking Spanish. It detracts from the gravity if they're being sold as being native Spanish speakers.

Socreges

Banned
It's not like the Spanish on the show has been great, either. Most of them sound like Americans speaking Spanish. It detracts from the gravity if they're being sold as being native Spanish speakers.
Funny that the German sounded fine to me, though. I'm guessing 90% of the audience would never know that there was anything wrong with the Spanish/German accents. 9% know but don't care. The remaining 1% post on GAF.

big ander

I don't think anybody thinks that S1 Walt is anywhere near the same level of villainy that S5 Walt is currently wallowing in, but even then there was the first sparks of his endless capacity for selfishness. Him turning down the Gray Matter job was a huge glimpse into what kind of person Walt really is.
exactly. walt was never ever 100% good. he's been gray since episode 1.
The Shield spoiler warning

I can already see how this is going to end. Walt will get away with everything while everyone close to him will take the fall, just like the Shield. The only person that will escape "unscathed" is Walter Jr.

For some reason, it just seems like that kind of show to me. I'll be ready to quote this come episode 16.
would be heartbreaking but I'd want it to be handled a little differently at least. don't think an ending fully analogous to the shield would fit as well here.

Grinchy

Banned
I started from season 1 exactly 2 weeks ago and just saw last night's episode, finally caught up. So now I can safely enter a Breaking Bad thread and say this show is badass. That is all.

That sucks that you can finally enter BB threads and then you get banned.

Gorillaz

I'm sure Lydia doesn't survives the next 2 episodes.

More like she will survive to be the villain.

Im pretty sure lydia will be the one who draws the DEA attention back to walt again. She seems to be the one that will try to fuck this all up on purpose. Thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom