• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 1 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finalow

tumblr_m7xczncrlb1qzdbtco1_400.jpg
Wq0oL.gif

Surprised to see Cornballer hasn't posted it yet in this thread yet as usually he seems to post news extremely quickly but Breaking Bad won the "Best Drama Series" award at the Television Critics Association Awards but unfortunately it lost to Game of Thrones season 2 for the Program of the Year award. Whether or not you agree with Breaking Bad not winning the biggest award it is good to see that Breaking Bad Season 4 got the deserved win for Best Drama. Now all it needs is the Emmy.

Source: http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...omeland-louie-and-breaking-bad-win-tca-awards

kehs

Banned
Holy shit at the brief synopsis for tonights episode.

It can't be.....can it? I would absolutely love it if they go balls out this early on.

Sentenza

My guess about the Walt-Marie interaction:

Walt is late with the payment of some medical bill for Hank and Marie is going to inquire him because she thinks he's back into his gambling addiction.

I just watched two episodes on Netflix. I think I'll keep with it but its definitely a show that I can't watch more than 1 episode every few days.

I have one major question so far though. How many times am I going to have to see Bryan Cranston's ass or tightey whiteys?

.GqueB.

Banned
Wow that sucks. I'd hate myself after doing that. I guess one reassuring thing is that how everything turns out and comes to that moment is great. Don't spoil anything else for yourself!

But yeah no need for spoiler tags in season 5 thread. Anything that has aired is fair game.

Edit: now that i read your post again, I realise it was a commercial on AMC? Yeah they tend to do that with their promos. So avoid AMC at all costs

Yea, but like I said I never really get upset over spoilers... well unless they are about character reveals. Like before I saw Dark Knight Rises
I got spoiled on who Miranda was
so it kind of changed how I watched the movie. In this case, it's making season 4 even more exciting to watch because I'm kind of curious how they get to that point I saw in the preview. Especially after the episode I just watched where they just had a rather intense, and beautifully shot, fight.

Sorry buddy. Should have watched it sooner. Catch up for the final part though.

Lol, no chance. I don't watch shows week to week unless they are comedies that don't have an over arching story. I stream all shows like this because I hate waiting. I'd rather just spend a Sunday (like today) watching episodes back to back. I feel more in control, lol. I do the same with Game of Thrones.

I have one major question so far though. How many times am I going to have to see Bryan Cranston's ass or tightey whiteys?

A lot.

Anustart

I was crushed when I read that the second half of this season airs in summer '13. I'm a patient man, but making me wait twice for the same season is urging me to become the guy who does the knocking.

.GqueB.

Banned
I was crushed when I read that the second half of this season airs in summer '13. I'm a patient man, but making me wait twice for the same season is urging me to become the guy who does the knocking.

Does the first part end tonight? Why the long wait? Seems a bit excessive.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just watched two episodes on Netflix. I think I'll keep with it but its definitely a show that I can't watch more than 1 episode every few days.

Why is that?

You don't see his ass that often; only a few times. You see him a lot in his undies in the first 2 seasons.

Why is that?

You don't see his ass that often; only a few times. You see him a lot in his undies in the first 2 seasons.

Its not a very action packed show. Its a story thats best told slowly so you can absorb everything. Kind of like Mad Men i guess. Its not bad but I think you lose a lot of valuable reflection by zipping through the episodes.

.GqueB.

Banned
lolwut?

This season is 16 episodes long. 8 this year 8 next. We've watched 2 episodes. 6 more to go for the first half. Definitely does not end tonight.

I'm still on season 4 so I haven't been watching. But someone told me to catch up and watch tonight so I assumed the first part was ending tonight.

What the fuck?! Summer 2013? I knew they were splitting the season but I figured they'd take a 3-4 month break over Christmas and then begin new episodes early next year. We seriously have to wait an entire year for the last 8? This reminds me of Battlestar Galactica that spread it's last 2 seasons out over something 2.5-3 years. And it was not worth it :\

Murrah

Banned
Its not a very action packed show. Its a story thats best told slowly so you can absorb everything. Kind of like Mad Men i guess. Its not bad but I think you lose a lot of valuable reflection by zipping through the episodes.

What. Breaking Bad has some of the fastest pacing in a show ever. I haven't watched the first couple seasons since last year so maybe it starts slow but eventually it reaches a point where important stuff is being developed and happening every episode. I love both BB and MM but aside from their high quality they're completely different shows in pretty much every way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom