• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild Goes Gold, Monolith Dev Tweets from Wrap Party

ReyVGM

Wrapped up!? They better start working on tons of DLC because I want to play this game forever!

orioto

Good Art™
1KkEfAm.jpg

Damn the game has been gold since the 70's and we never knew.

Astral Dog

Wow! I don't know much about turn-around time but isn't this cutting it close? Is that enough time to print and ship all the copies people have pre-ordered? I guess I figured it went gold awhile ago and Nintendo doesn't usually report on when it happens.
There was an interview with SS director saying the game was finished so i assume it didn't literally went gold today

Caelus

Unnnfff this game will be quite legendary, it will be the first Zelda I get to play on launch day, I'm looking forward to being a part of this zeitgeist.

Madao

Now to wait for the Wii U version to leak...mwahahah.

Piracy is bad, kids.

what if it is a leak like Paper Mario Color Splash?

Nintendo "accidentally" put up the full game for download when they were supposed to just put it for preload and several people managed to get a 100% legally purchased copy 2 weeks early.

this is the kind of leak we want.

what if it is a leak like Paper Mario Color Splash?

Nintendo "accidentally" put up the full game for download when they were supposed to just put it for preload and several people managed to get a 100% legally purchased copy 2 weeks early.

this is the kind of leak we want.

I forgot that happened lol. I can live with that.

Ten years late :p

You want this shit done fast or you want it done right?

M-PG71C

I have freed up my slate for this game, it is the first time I've ever been excited for a Zelda title. There usually not my cup of tea. But this one is very different from the others and I'm really liking the open-world concept. Day one.

foltzie1

So this gives an idea about lead time needed for game to be manufactured on the Switch.

About four weeks, which is compatible to times I've seen associated with disk based games.

Neat

Astral Dog

Guys,the entire Switch future depends on the success of both this game and Mario Odyssey.

and 12 Switch

So this gives an idea about lead time needed for game to be manufactured on the Switch.

About four weeks, which is compatible to times I've seen associated with disk based games.

Neat
What were you expecting? It's just printing to a cartridge and not a disc. Cartridge manufacture would be done months ago.

Astral Dog

I guess Japanese gold wrap parties look more like very boring wedding receptions. Or just Nintendo ones.

End of production parties are usually a lot more crazy and fun, in my experience.

Still. ZELDA IS COMING
Bayonetta 2 party only had a cheap cake

I actually thought it had gone gold for at least a few months, but delayed for the Switch launch. Didn't think they'd cut it so close for the release, but I don't know what the schedule usually is for stuff like this when it comes to starting production for physical release up to launch.

Social

A game going gold can be such a great easy way to market a game and generate even more hype for it. But Nintendo... wastes that chance mostly.

Xdrive05

That's great! So they had another month to work on fixing the performance issues in docked mode for the Switch version. I hope they managed to smooth it out. It looked really bad in spots, immersion breaking even. That's not how Nintendo usually releases games, so it's good to know it wasn't actually done yet.

Top Bottom