• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild Goes Gold, Monolith Dev Tweets from Wrap Party

SomTervo

This has been confusing me.

This Monolith isn't the same as Condemned/FEAR/Shadow of Mordor Monolith is it?

This is Monolith Soft right? Different companies?

tauroxd

This has been confusing me.

This Monolith isn't the same as Condemned/FEAR/Shadow of Mordor Monolith is it?

This is Monolith Soft right? Different companies?

Yep, differents ones. This one was owned by Bandai Namco and is now owned by Nintendo... They did the Baten Kaitos games, Soma Bringer and the Xenoblade games.

SomTervo

Wow! I don't know much about turn-around time but isn't this cutting it close? Is that enough time to print and ship all the copies people have pre-ordered? I guess I figured it went gold awhile ago and Nintendo doesn't usually report on when it happens.

Art is never finished; just abandoned

Yep, differents ones. This one was owned by Bandai Namco and is now owned by Nintendo... The did the baten Kaitos games, the Soma Bringer games and the Xenoblade games.

Thought so. It's just confusing they're both referred to as "Monolith".

At least they both make awesome games.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Assuming the version we saw in the Treehouse footage was the final retail game, there's most likely a substantial day 1 patch.

Oregano

Yep, differents ones. This one was owned by Bandai Namco and is now owned by Nintendo... The did the baten Kaitos games, the Soma Bringer games and the Xenoblade games.

...and have helped develop Smash Bros Brawl, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

They're a big part of Nintendo's art team now.

louiedog

Not sure if you've ever been to an office party, but generally they are never the same type of "fun" you have with your friends. Its normally you get lunch catered in and get out of work for a couple hours...

It really depends on the company. I was at my girlfriend's Christmas party with great live music and food in a really swanky venue. Someone was showing photos an old coworker at his previous job was sending from his old office which involved someone's phone hooked up to computer speakers in the lunch room.

Cerium

...and have helped develop Smash Bros Brawl, Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Breath of the Wild, Splatoon and Animal Crossing New Leaf.

They're a big part of Nintendo's art team now.
The difference here is that they were actually part of building the open world since they have more experience there than anyone else in Nintendo.

Thought so. It's just confusing they're both referred to as "Monolith".

At least they both make awesome games.

That's why I always say Monolith Soft to make sure there's no confusion.

I think there was a thread with a title with the name Monolith instead of Monolith Soft and it caused a lot of people to be confused. Can't remember the exact thread, but it was quite a bit ago when the thread was made.

Oregano

The difference here is that they were actually part of building the open world since they have more experience there than anyone else in Nintendo.

Well the tweet is from Honne who heads up Monolithsoft Kyoto(which is the art team). Monolithsoft Tokyo assisted in design roles for both Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild.

Falchion

Were there a lot of day 1 patches on the Wii U? I feel like Zelda is so big there will be a big batch of big fixes coming at some point. Not saying the quality will be poor, just that it's such a huge, open world there's bound to be stuff that will pop up.

GamerJM

Banned
Wow! I don't know much about turn-around time but isn't this cutting it close? Is that enough time to print and ship all the copies people have pre-ordered? I guess I figured it went gold awhile ago and Nintendo doesn't usually report on when it happens.

I can't remember the source and I'm not entirely sure about this but I thought I remember reading that Nintendo has short turn-around times for their software.

13ruce

Banned
Should i buy 2 copies? Put one cartridge in the blender and inject the game into my viens with a injection?

just kidding

I waited years for this dream game and it is finally out soon. The ultimate Zelda game people... It's finished!

AmyS

What are the chances that a patch will up the resolution of the Switch version from 900p to native 1080p in TV mode ?

fc5d2ffeb8adc5b57576326b4cb8e009.gif

Pics_nao

Not sure if you've ever been to an office party, but generally they are never the same type of "fun" you have with your friends. Its normally you get lunch catered in and get out of work for a couple hours...

Our office parties tend to happen in bars with me getting shitfaced every time with my bosses. So yeah, I don't know what's fun.

TheJoRu

Yes!

And here, for shits & giggles, the HD Zelda thread from 2011: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427708

Some of the first page posts:

Maybe it will have a jump button.

The extra RAM should be used to create a truly seemless world. no "rooms" or invisible walls.

Yeah that would be neat. Just a gigantic world to explore.

You did well, guys. You did well.

Were there a lot of day 1 patches on the Wii U? I feel like Zelda is so big there will be a big batch of big fixes coming at some point. Not saying the quality will be poor, just that it's such a huge, open world there's bound to be stuff that will pop up.

Nintendo usually laughs at the idea of day one patches but there were a couple on wii u like xenoblade chronicles x.

Ricker

How did you guys get it has gone gold from ''a hotel in a launch title of no-finished good Lifegroup'' is beyond me but whatever lol....grats hehe...

Nice, time to wind down and relax

review copies soon i suppose

Guess I'm avoiding most Zelda threads because of potential spoilers

I was expecting the long lead times cited during the N64 era as one of its many issues.

You realize N64 carts were like over 15 years ago right? Compare it with Vita or 3DS carts for a more compatible scenario if you're so inclined.

Still wouldn't be a good comparison.

ghibli99

After being burned by Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, my excitement is tempered for this. I truly hope it will be good and be a good reset point for Zelda.
Huh... I thought both of those games were excellent. Only Zelda I haven't liked in semi-modern terms has been Phantom Hourglass.

-Horizon-

Nice! I'd like to attend a Nintendo wrap party. I wonder what they discuss?

"Do you remember when Mr. Miyamoto upended the table?"

"What secret message did you leave in the game?"

"Do you think its an 8/10?"

"You know, we haven't made an F-Zero game in a long time"

"What's F-Zero?"

"Exactly hahahahaha"

Mr-Joker

Banned
I didn't agreed to this, get back in the office and start working on an option patch that allows me to change the language in-game. ;p

We can almost admit we like Skyward Sword now. So close.

Speaking of Skyward Sword, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a remaster treatment and released in 2018.

Top Bottom