• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild Goes Gold, Monolith Dev Tweets from Wrap Party

E-phonk

Banned
Speaking of Skyward Sword, I wouldn't be surprised if it got a remaster treatment and released in 2018.
The motion controllers on switch would sure help them greenlight it. It's currently also the only 3d zelda that hasn't been remastered

Moose84

The recent hands on Switch impressions article on IGN has me a little worried. A couple of people including Peer Schneider commented on the frame rate issues with BOTW, both in TV and handheld mode, and they're certainly not the first. Plenty of other places have commented how it noticeably chugs.

A tad concerning. Anyone who's played it care to verify?

Rodin

The recent hands on Switch impressions article on IGN has me a little worried. A couple of people including Peer Schneider commented on the frame rate issues with BOTW, both in TV and handheld mode, and they're certainly not the first. Plenty of other places have commented how it noticeably chugs.

The version played by the press wasn't the final build, but df tested that and they found two drops in 40 minutes (one of which didn't occur the second time in the same spot, and the other one was caused by dof). I don't know what happened, maybe streaming issues that were probably ironed out (i didn't see frame drops in the 1.0.0 version played by treehouse).

Caelus

Haven't played it, but supposedly the show floor demo is an earlier build than the Treehouse one - for some reason. Handheld mode supposedly has virtually no framerate problems, while docked mode dips slightly in crowded scenes. We'll see what the retail version is like and if there are day 1 patches.

We are so close.

I keep looking at my pre order slip every day haha.

Ah man, I thought I was the only one that did this! This has been a thing for me since I was a kid. Actually, I used to sleep with the receipt under my pillow...

Hell, to go a step further, when there was a system that I wanted for Christmas, I would create little miniature replicas of them out of cardboard.

Ahhhhh....

Justinian

The version played by the press wasn't the final build, but df tested that and they found two drops in 40 minutes (one of which didn't occur the second time in the same spot, and the other one was caused by dof). I don't know what happened, maybe streaming issues that were probably ironed out (i didn't see frame drops in the 1.0.0 version played by treehouse).

There are still some frame rate drops (quite severe too) in the Treehouse 1.0.0 footage I've seen, mostly when there are explosions and fire in play.

Performance is my only concern with this game and I'm hoping the extra little bit of time they've had since the demos has allowed them to iron out ALL frame rate drops.

Considering that this might be the first Action adventure game that injects this level of Nuance into every aspect of the game is enough for me to congratulate the team on a job well done.

Considering that this might be the first Action adventure game that injects this level of Nuance into every aspect of the game is enough for me to congratulate the team on a job well done.

Here here!

The fact that after all this time, they would be so bold to basically push the reset button on one of their most beloved franchises gives me great joy and hope for the future of Nintendo.

I have a feeling this game is going to be something for the record books.

Meesh

Yes it is.

Zelda on Switch in TV mode (docked) is 900p, that is above the minimum specification for High Definition which is 720p.

Just because it's not Full HD doesn't mean it's not HD.
So.... it's HDlite?? XD lol. I'm cool with it, I'm sure it's beyond stunning in portable mode. It's docked and on TV I'm curious about...

Side note, I kinda wish the cow milking from 12 Switch was In Zelda lol. Gotta fill our bottles with Lon-Lon milk somehow. Has there been any mention of fishing in BotW???

So.... it's HDlite?? XD lol. I'm cool with it, I'm sure it's beyond stunning in portable mode. It's docked and on TV I'm curious about...

Side note, I kinda wish the cow milking from 12 Switch was In Zelda lol. Gotta fill our bottles with Lon-Lon milk somehow. Has there been any mention of fishing in BotW???

Bomb fishing, spear fishing and straight up catching them with your hands by brushing Link's body into them while swimming but come on, it's a 3D Zelda. Only Majora's Mask and Wind Waker didn't with the former having it added retroactively and the latter being lore related.

Meesh

Bomb fishing, spear fishing and straight up catching them with your hands by brushing Link's body into them while swimming but come on, it's a 3D Zelda. Only Majora's Mask and Wind Waker didn't with the former having it added retroactively and the latter being lore related.
Ah!!! Right... I honestly forgot how it was being implemented. Well it's all good... still it'd be nice to "catch a real lunker" again.

The Giant

Banned
Leaked footage from the after party.

ElementaryCooperativeFrigatebird.gif

PlaintiveGentleAssassinbug.gif

There are hours of treehouse Zelda footage without drops.

foltzie1

I was expecting the long lead times cited during the N64 era as one of its many issues.

You realize N64 carts were like over 15 years ago right? Compare it with Vita or 3DS carts for a more compatible scenario if you're so inclined.

Still wouldn't be a good comparison.

I dont think its unusual to think it would take longer to make a Nintendo Game Card since you have to create a ROM Mask and actually print the PCBs, which seems like it would require more lead time than just pressing a Blu-Ray disk.

I'm more than happy to be mistaken, but the process itself seems more involved, which would imply greater lead times.

If Nintendo has made sure that this isnt a burden, its a good thing.

Top Bottom