• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brief Halo/Halo 5 Beta Info from Gamescom

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
But thanks to the AMAZING POWER OF THE XBOX ONE (tm) you can play your game while TV is simultaneously streamed to any device in the house, including Guide and controls.

No need to fight.

Bobgm.gif

Homeboyd

But thanks to the AMAZING POWER OF THE XBOX ONE (tm) you can play your game while TV is simultaneously streamed to any device in the house, including Guide and controls.

No need to fight.
Thanks to Fracas, my Xboner is on the way. I know nothing about it. What do I do with it? Am I supposed to watch tv with it? Play games or something? What do I play?

I'm going to plug it in and be all like Clark Griswold looking at the historical stuff in European vacation.

WHAT DO I DO.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
LOL! But wait, you can stream your game to any device? Is that true? If so, when is the feature coming? I seen the update preview from the Xbox Youtube Channel that showed the TV One Guide being streamed to a Tablet. But you're saying you can do that with games as well?
He said you can stream TV, not games.

m23

LOL! But wait, you can stream your game to any device? Is that true? If so, when is the feature coming? I seen the update preview from the Xbox Youtube Channel that showed the TV One Guide being streamed to a Tablet. But you're saying you can do that with games as well?

You can only stream TV, and its coming in next few months.

Thanks to Fracas, my Xboner is on the way. I know nothing about it. What do I do with it? Am I supposed to watch tv with it? Play games or something? What do I play?

I'm going to plug it in and be all like Clark Griswold looking at the historical stuff in European vacation.

WHAT DO I DO.

You play Titanfall and Forza 5 on it, at least until Halo is out.

He said you can stream TV, not games.

In his post he said "you can play your game while TV is simultaneously streamed to any device in the house, including Guide and controls." That is why I asked for clarification. Re-reading it does sound like he means just TV though.

JonCha

nlXK709.png

Armor is a bit too shiny for my taste.

Frank posted in the Halo community thread and said this was because they were showing them off basically. In other words, they're not like that in-game.

Edit:
They need to straight up delete that cinematic bloom/fog on the new Midship if they're serious about bringing Halo back as a respectable competitive game, battlefield readability is key.

I believe you, but still, .mp4 pls.

Speaking to a friend a bit earlier he also made this point. He feels that new engine make shooting people across map harder, as it did sometimes in Halo 4.

AA is pretty bad. Hopefully is because is an early build or compression. Otherwise looks good.

I would say it's because they're pretty early. They still have about 3 and a half months to polish them up before the Beta (I say about 3 and a half due to having to go through certification).

L4nnist3r

I would say it's because they're pretty early. They still have about 3 and a half months to polish them up before the Beta (I say about 3 and a half due to having to go through certification).

I hope so. It would be a bit disappointing if it release with that many jaggies. Fingers crossed :)

bidguy

Banned
Frank posted in the Halo community thread and said this was because they were showing them off basically. In other words, they're not like that in-game.

Edit:

Speaking to a friend a bit earlier he also made this point. He feels that new engine make shooting people across map harder, as it did sometimes in Halo 4.

not as detailed or not as shiny ?

belushy

Banned

Edit:

Your friend has played on the H5 engine?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm blessed with the inability to notice clipping, as well as the inability to care about it when I do.

Mayyhem

I think the graphics look great but I'm not feeling the color/look of the new MP Spartans. THey look like shiny kids toys.

i have a real bad feeling all this talk of 'arena shooter' is going to be limited to 1 playlist and the game will feature some sort of loadout options in the other playlist. hope im wrong really need a good multiplayer game amidst this plethora of cod clones

Recent Halo armor designs have looked really weird. The shapes make no sense, and, if they were real, the wearer would constantly be bumping into other parts of the armor simply by moving.

Lots of odd protrusions and shapes.

RoKKeR

i have a real bad feeling all this talk of 'arena shooter' is going to be limited to 1 playlist and the game will feature some sort of loadout options in the other playlist. hope im wrong really need a good multiplayer game amidst this plethora of cod clones

Even if that is the case... it confirms a traditional Halo experience with at least 7 maps dedicated to arena gameplay... with likely more to come. What harm does it do to introduce other modes that bring new/different things to the franchise? I have nothing wrong with that.

Even if that is the case... it confirms a traditional Halo experience with at least 7 maps dedicated to arena gameplay... with likely more to come. What harm does it do to introduce other modes that bring new/different things to the franchise? I have nothing wrong with that.
This beta has 7 maps? They might as well release the game.

my problem with that is waste of resources. i rather they focus and create all their maps under 1 premise. the only loadout i would consider acceptable is if player is given choice of starting rifle ie. assualt/br/dmr/carbine. anything else like choosing your grenade type is going over the top, starting with plasma grenades is way too over powered.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Did they say what the reason is behind 7maps? Isn't that literally half the maps that will ship with the game? For fans this too good to be true. But how is this great for developer to give away half of their maps in Beta?

Did they say what the reason is behind 7maps? Isn't that literally half the maps that will ship with the game? For fans this too good to be true. But how is this great for developer to give away half of their maps in Beta?

its great because they get to balance the maps and make adjustments to them. i personally dont care how many it ships with because i usually stick to playing the same 5-6 maps over and over again like in bc2 i have put most of my 1500+ hours into arica harbour conquest.

playing the maps in the beta is hardly going to exhaust anyone and if anyone dare complains 'bu-bu-bu most halo 5 maps i already played in the beta!!!' i swear im going to tea bag them

I think right now it is just an assumption that that is half of the maps. There could be more then 12 - 14 maps. They did say (I think) last year that they had a bigger MP focus for Halo 5.

If your worry that the game will only have one/few game modes? I doubt that'll happen. Slayer, CTF, etc are obviously the most popular, but people have love for Infection, Grifball, and the more objective based modes too. I just think the maps will be more arena focused (read: smaller/less open).

If your worry that the game will only have one/few game modes? I doubt that'll happen. Slayer, CTF, etc are obviously the most popular, but people have love for Infection, Grifball, and the more objective based modes too. I just think the maps will be more arena focused (read: smaller/less open).

what i meant by my comment was all the modes u mention ie. slayer, ctf will have a 'arena playlist' where loadouts and stuff are disabled and a 'modern' playlist with all that crap added on. so essential, the classic arena shooter they keep talking about with even starts and no aa is just a playlist.

.shin

Banned
what i meant by my comment was all the modes u mention ie. slayer, ctf will have a 'arena playlist' where loadouts and stuff are disabled and a 'modern' playlist with all that crap added on. so essential, the classic arena shooter they keep talking about with even starts and no aa is just a playlist.

Where did they say that? If I remember correctly, Frankie confirmed not too long ago that armor abilities are gone in Halo 5.

Mentok

Banned
Oh MCC...the one thing that makes me wish I had an X1....hell, it was the reason I had a 360! I really hope 343 does listen to the community for Halo 5. Especially after how they hyped Halo 4 (saying they had help from the community and veteran Halo players, etc). No loadouts and smaller maps is definitely a step in the right direction!

No loadouts have been confirmed, and while there isn't any AA as we understand them, there are new "Spartan Abilities" all players will share. Halo was never like COD where you would have loadouts for different situations. Halo Reach and 4 were very much departures from the traditional route. I don't know if you've ever played the old school Halo games, but in a market filled with shooters offering loadouts up the wazoo, the simplier alternative is a nice reprieve.

Where did they say that? If I remember correctly, Frankie confirmed not too long ago that armor abilities are gone in Halo 5.

yes they said aa are gone but i fear they could be in some playlist. i was just watching halo 2 anniversary gameplay and it allowed u to spawn with different guns so it got me thinking, what if all this arena stuff for halo 5 is just a playlist

No loadouts have been confirmed, and while there isn't any AA as we understand them, there are new "Spartan Abilities" all players will share. Halo was never like COD where you would have loadouts for different situations. Halo Reach and 4 were very much departures from the traditional route. I don't know if you've ever played the old school Halo games, but in a market filled with shooters offering loadouts up the wazoo, the simplier alternative is a nice reprieve.

yes i got into halo mutliplayer during halo 3 and i loved it but i hated reach/4 so i want all this crap removed from the game entirely. also hope they remove sprint halo is just better without it. i hope they dont overdo the spartan abilities stuff because i saw the hulk smash thing and thought wtf this isnt halo

Top Bottom