• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brief Halo/Halo 5 Beta Info from Gamescom

yes they said aa are gone but i fear they could be in some playlist. i was just watching halo 2 anniversary gameplay and it allowed u to spawn with different guns so it got me thinking, what if all this arena stuff for halo 5 is just a playlist

H2A and Halo 5 are different beasts. No AA means no AA, regardless of game mode.

yes i got into halo mutliplayer during halo 3 and i loved it but i hated reach/4 so i want all this crap removed from the game entirely. also hope they remove sprint halo is just better without it. i hope they dont overdo the spartan abilities stuff because i saw the hulk smash thing and thought wtf this isnt halo

I think you have little to worry about when they say "arena shooter". All the things you mentioned are the complete opposite of what 343 is likely going for.

As for Spartan Abilities, aside from a flashy CG teaser, I'm reserving judgment until I see how they are used/implemented.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
i have a real bad feeling all this talk of 'arena shooter' is going to be limited to 1 playlist and the game will feature some sort of loadout options in the other playlist. hope im wrong really need a good multiplayer game amidst this plethora of cod clones
This is pure speculation, but I think we'll see a more stark divide between 4v4 gameplay and big team battle. I'm imagining BTB trying to achieve something along the lines of Battlefield. Big maps, lots of vehicles, and lots of chaos. Warthogs racing across fields, Banshees dog fighting in the skies, explosions everywhere. And if that's the case, I think we'll finally see Halo's maximum player count go beyond sixteen.

BTB could keep the same basic gameplay of 4v4, but just go for a different feel. 4v4 = competitive, balanced, methodical, emphasis on team work. BTB = frenetic chaos on a massive scale. God, it could be so awesome. I'm a 4v4 guy at heart, but I'd love to see Halo crossed with the scale of Battlefield.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Where did you see these?
You can see it for a brief moment in this GIF, and several times in the Youtube video that the GIF was pulled from.

sequenz01_5eoz38.gif

Markers for the nades you throw? I don't really like those markers in the first place, now there are more :-/

Excited to see beta footage. Hope there is a fair bit of BtB present, not just small scale.

Markers for the nades you throw? I don't really like those markers in the first place, now there are more :-/

Excited to see beta footage. Hope there is a fair bit of BtB present, not just small scale.

The Halo 5 Beta this year focuses on small scale 4 v 4 arena combat. I guess the main purpose is to fine tune the PvP (and netcode as Frank O'Connor said at one of the panels) before getting into anything else. Which is absolutely fine to me, they need to perfect the Halo PvP combat to really make it shine.

The Halo 5 Beta this year focuses on small scale 4 v 4 arena combat. I guess the main purpose is to fine tune the PvP (and netcode as Frank O'Connor said at one of the panels) before getting into anything else. Which is absolutely fine to me, they need to perfect the Halo PvP combat to really make it shine.

Yes, but BtB is also a big part that could do with some work and feedback.

The Beta information strikes me as odd. 3 weeks is a pretty long public Beta, and 7 maps... well, that's a lot of maps. Most Betas I've seen just do a couple. I'm curious as to what their reasoning is for that decision. Giving away a lot of the multiplayer experience there, after all.

Making a game that works on 4v4 work for BTB is easier than making a game that works in8v8 suddenly work in 4v4.

Man I'm so hyped for this collection right now I just need it

True, but I don't want it to solely focus on one or the other.
Both have their intricacies to acknowledge, BtB for example has different map traversal and vehicle balance than 4v4.

The Beta information strikes me as odd. 3 weeks is a pretty long public Beta, and 7 maps... well, that's a lot of maps. Most Betas I've seen just do a couple. I'm curious as to what their reasoning is for that decision. Giving away a lot of the multiplayer experience there, after all.

I see it as hopeful. Even though there are a lot of maps, them limiting the arsenal shows me that 343 probably want to really test and analyze the core gameplay. They'll have plenty of time to work on the more superfluous stuff. Maybe they'll even have a beta...or not as I'm sure they want to keep a lot of new features under wraps.

Maybe they're planning on possibly changing certain aspects of maps due to feedback.

Woorloog

Banned

I think they're trying to play it safe, let people to test things for longer as not to repeat Halo 4 and Reach.
Alternatively they may be trying out some ideas, like 1 week of X, 1 week of y and then 1 more week of either one.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I see it as hopeful. Even though there are a lot of maps, them limiting the arsenal shows me that 343 probably want to really test and analyze the core gameplay. They'll have plenty of time to work on the more superfluous stuff. Maybe they'll even have a beta...or not as I'm sure they want to keep a lot of new features under wraps.

confident even.

belushy

Banned
I think they're trying to play it safe, let people to test things for longer as not to repeat Halo 4 and Reach.
Alternatively they may be trying out some ideas, like 1 week of X, 1 week of y and then 1 more week of either one.

I think they said that is what they are going for. Might have been in a bulletin, I can't remember.

Also I see the chances of a second beta around the Summer being possible, too.

Now that I think about it, maybe that is why there is still DMR and BR. Week 1 they might have BR starts and week 2 they might have DMR starts and see how the community reacts to both and decide from there which one should be the "starting" weapon.

Top Bottom