• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Cranston in talks for Total Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) is in talks for the villain role in the Total Recall remake.

With Colin Farrell this sounds awesome aside from the director Len Wiseman (Underworld, Live Free or Die Hard) and writer Kurt Wimmer (Salt, Law Abiding Citizen). LOL

/Film
Deadline

Total Recall has a very special place in my heart.

Growing up we only had 3 channels and would rent a VCR from the store. any movie i got to see i would watch from start to finish and enjoy it and be thankful.

Total Recall is the first movie i was unable to finish. it was that bad to me.

I'm still kind of pissed they're remaking this. I mean, there's no way they can hold onto that late-80s, early-90s vibe that the original portrayed so well.

Ah, nostalgia.

G-Fex

backflip10019 said:
I'm still kind of pissed they're remaking this. I mean, there's no way they can hold onto that late-80s, early-90s vibe that the original portrayed so well.

Ah, nostalgia.

Yeah it's gold. Remake's gonna be a dull forgettable. Especially with Collin Farrel.

backflip10019 said:

Ah, nostalgia.
Agreed. I would rather they have other stories and characters within this universe.

bryan-cranston-1007-lg.jpg

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
aronnov reborn said:
Total Recall has a very special place in my heart.

Growing up we only had 3 channels and would rent a VCR from the store. any movie i got to see i would watch from start to finish and enjoy it and be thankful.

Total Recall is the first movie i was unable to finish. it was that bad to me.

try harder junior...

edit:
its kind of eye opening that movies i watched as a child are now considered as reboot material :(

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Whether he's playing Michael Ironside's character or Ronny Cox's I don't really see him pulling it off.

Or anything about this movie pulling anything off really. Len Wiseman is an awful director of PG-13 derivative pablum.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
That would be fucking awesome. He's a fantastic actor and I always thought he'd make a great villain, as funny as his roles tend to be. He deserves to be big.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Great actor but with that director and writer I expect terrible things.

Jackson50

Whether on Malcolm in the Middle or Breaking Bad, I enjoy Bryan Cranston's performance. Regardless, a Total Recall remake is lame. Leave it alone, please.

Danielsan

demon said:
That would be fucking awesome. He's a fantastic actor and I always thought he'd make a great villain, as funny as his roles tend to be. He deserves to be big.
Bryan Cranston won 3 consecutive emmys (Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series) for his role in Breaking Bad, which hardly is a comedic role. Semi-spoiler for Breaking Bad:
he pretty much plays a villain in Breaking Bad
. Cranston is phenomenal.

Furret

Banned
I don't understand, what was wrong with the original Total Recall?

What glaring flaws stand out that Hollywood feels need to be fixed with an inferior cast and director?

LM4sure

Banned
The original Underworld and Live Free or Die Hard were both entertaining films. That writer worries me though.

You could tell the screenplay in Salt was shit. The whole movie suffered because of it.

Furret said:
I don't understand, what was wrong with the original Total Recall?

What glaring flaws stand out that Hollywood feels need to be fixed with an inferior cast and director?

It isn't about making improvements. They know that the original is popular so it already has an instant fanbase. Why risk money on a new story that no one knows when they can just do a remake.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
FoneBone said:
Anyway, as massively overrated as the original is, it's best that they differentiate it. No Mars is probably for the best.

Hahahaha.

I can't tell you how happy I am that someone else thinks this too.

Mr_eX

Sinatar said:
Whether he's playing Michael Ironside's character or Ronny Cox's I don't really see him pulling it off.

Or anything about this movie pulling anything off really. Len Wiseman is an awful director of PG-13 derivative pablum.
Len Wiseman has directed 3 movies and two of them are rated R.

Draft

Parallax said:
or isamu alva dyson for that matter
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Holy shit :rolling

This is right up there with Uncle Phil voicing the steel barbarian in FOTNS.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Draft said:
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

Holy shit :rolling

This is right up there with Uncle Phil voicing the steel barbarian in FOTNS.

tell me about it

Casp0r said:
They're just naming it Total Recall so people get interested in it ...

Ergh ...

to be fair, the only thing that needs to remain constant is recall industries, since the first one could be an either or situation .

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i think he would've been great as the lead, i.e., a guy who finds himself in a very weird situation and slowly remembers what is really happening to him, who he really is, etc. he's instantly likable, easy to relate to, and so when he starts having to do crazy things to survive it would be really effective. this would instantly and very strongly separate this remake tonally from the original.

The villains don't get a lot of screen time in the original -- I'm sure this one will be different.

I like Cranston a lot (<---), but I also like Total Recall. Hope they don't screw it up too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom