• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Total Recall remake is a better movie then the original

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

Since people jumped on my comment in the Ghostbusters thread I wanted to explain the comment.

The new version has much better action then the old version, straight up and of course it's not funny because it doesn't try to be funny. Good looking sets, art and design - the lens flares tho. Fuck lens flares. Rest is ok. There was no need for this movie but let's not kid ourselves, the action in the 1990 version was on Three Stooges level at points, had terrible acting and the production design is lacking. I'm not saying the remake is a good movie I'm just saying it's better then the OG version. Think about it for a sec, when you break it down all it does well is the weirdness. Every time people write or talk about the movie it's always about the strange stuff or the concept. I've never heard people talk about the acting, editing or the cinematography, it's always just the 3 breasts, Quato and the drop of sweat. Arnold is goofy as hell and if you gave any decent actor this much leeway in his performance he could perform on the same level as Arnold with ease. Not that Colin Farrell was amazing in the remake but at no point in his career could Arnold give that performance

Paul Verhoeven is really good at themes and story but his movies age horribly.

Last I checked RoboCop is still awesome.

Ok, not all his movies age horribly.

CV0g5R252tox.gif

kmax

The new version is absolute dog shit. I implore anyone that hasn't seen it to avoid it like the plague.

Nokterian

Total Recall remake flopped and for a good reason same goes when they tried with robocop yet again failed and flopped at the box office. And you are in the wrong here the original is better since Paul Verhoeven made some great movies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Well then, tell me this, tell me this...what reason is the three boobed hooker in the remake for? The remake makes no attempt to establish that mutants exist in the movie. It's just lame pandering fanservice that only reminds you that a better movie exists.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Its sad....what crack does to people one hit and you make threads like this.

oneils

I've watched the original about 10 to 15 times. Almost fell asleep during the new one. The campiness of the original makes it fun. The new one is fine, I guess, but not really rewatchable.

Fury451

Banned
No.

The remake looked like it could be completely interchangeable with any post 2000 sci-fi film

It wasn't completely painful though, so there's that

WHAT?
HOW?

How can you hate Arnie? The movie was great. It had Arnie, Good action sequences, cool setting and story.

You're a funny Guy OP. So ill Kill you last....

Remember when I said ill kill you last....
i-lied.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom