• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubble Bobble has just released on PSN for PS4 today, one of the greatest Retro games

graybot

Sony sure do love their stealth releases

Manhunt, Bully, Xcom on vita and this all out without any advertisement at all and if it was from seeing it on here I would never have known

ChryZ

One of my all time favs, such a timeless classic!

*greed kicks in*

... so, when can we expect Rainbow Islands?

Sony sure do love their stealth releases

Manhunt, Bully, Xcom on vita and this all out without any advertisement at all and if it was from seeing it on here I would never have known

Wasn't that stealthy really. It was mentioned on the blog post for the week, it's hardly a big hitting remake of a classic, Arcade Archives have been bringing a few games to the PS4, I believe Double Dragon 1/2 as well.

Coolluck

Wish it was a PS+ game so I could play with my buddy. Might have to just gift him a copy. This was one of my favorite games to play with my brother growing up.

entremet

The Arcade Archives program on the PS4 is great.

Fans of classic games should check them out. Trophies as well.

Knuf

Yeah, I'm repeating myself here, but Arcade Archives are awesome, it's just criminal we don't an OT for all of them here.

Rainbow Islands next?

Don't know where Wikipedia got their list from, but Rainbow Islands is unfortunately missing from the upcoming Arcade Archives games: thank god Kiki Kaikai and Wonderboy in Monsterland are there, though.

Make a thread.

Anything people feel a thread a missing, they should make it. It definitely deserves one. It's a great initiative.

I'd rather someone else made it: after seeing so many amazing OTs here I don't think I have neither the skills nor the time required to do an OT doing justice to those wonderful games.

entremet

Yeah, I'm repeating myself here, but Arcade Archives are awesome, it's just criminal we don't an OT for all of them here.

Don't know where Wikipedia got their list from, but Rainbow Islands is unfortunately missing from the upcoming Arcade Archives games: thank god Kiki Kaikai and Wonderboy in Monsterland are there, though.

Make a thread.

Anything people feel a thread a missing, they should make it. It definitely deserves one. It's a great initiative.

Gh0stie5

Neo Member
Oh man this is one of the first games I got for my Commodore 64 back in the day. Played it to death. Might have to pick it up again!

Are the Arcade Archives ports good/accurate?
The M2 games from last gen have spoilt me when it comes to classic game ports.

batbeg

Didn't know this had been out on US PSN already. My cousin is on her way over and we're about to nostalgia the fuck out.

klee123

Why didn't they just port Bubble Bobble Plus! instead?

The game is on X360 and Wii, but the PS3 never got it.

I actually like arrange mode on those games.

Markoman

And now (and for the rest of the weekend) I will have the theme tune stuck in my head. Thanks a lot.

Aaaaahhhh, like a lemming I just followed you into the abyss.....something from the past
that was buried deep underground just made it back into daylight. Curse YOU!!!!!!

entremet

Cool, not sure how well it's going to play with the DS4 though.
Plays fine.

I grew up with both NES and arcade versions, so I can easily switch between pad and arcade stick.
Why didn't they just port Bubble Bobble Plus! instead?

The game is on X360 and Wii, but the PS3 never got it.

I actually like arrange mode on those games.
Plus is great, but I'm glad a modern port of the arcade classic exists.

Shin-Ra

I've only ever played the Amiga version (and Rainbow/Parasol) so it'll be interesting to compare.

ElFly

Goddamn this game is awesome. So bought.

Played the shit out of a copy of this game in the arcade called snow Bros, was so good. At least I'm remembering it so

Bro, did you ever play the Sega Genesis port of Snow Bros?

It has 2 extra worlds. The graphics and music suffer a little obvs, but it is so worth it.

King_Moc

Banned
I might get this, I used to love Bubble Bobble. I wonder if they can get Rainbow Islands, New Zealand Story and Parasol Stars over too.

Tizoc

Not only one of my favorite NES games, but also one of my favorite co-op games of all time.

You sure about that? If it's the same game as this, then there's no Plat.

Platinum Trophies are trashy things for trashy people anyways :V
If you like a game, get it. I like the bling bling sound as much as the next guy but don't let it determine your game buying decisions.
Cuz Platinum trophies and by extension, trophies and cheeovs are trash~

Neff

anyone already bought it that can testify to the actual quality?

It's pretty much arcade perfect. There's some minor input lag as with all of Hamster's Arcade Archives titles, but nothing severe. Scanline effect looks great and is recommended.

I played through this game probably a dozen times with my brother back on the NES. Out of my early childhood video gaming years (1988-1990ish) Bubble Bobble probably holds the most nostalgia for me. The co-op for its day was incredible.

BAW

Banned
I played this game for an ungodly amount of hours on the 386 PC back in the day. Was the PC version supposed to be a good version?

Piccoro

Eh it's okay.

image.php

Meh, might buy it on sale

image.php

Funny that the both of you are the least excited by this game... :p

Now seriously, the PS Store is denying my purchase attempts all day. Anyone know what's up?

Love this game and will keep buying it on every platform. :D

Does anybody know if these newer Arcade Archive ps4 ports have any scanline options?

Top Bottom