• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Loonietoons get updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRed

Banned
Looks like WB is getting into the grim and gritty realistic toons market.

Lunatic.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~78~2714803,00.html

android

Theoretical Magician
Why do entertainment companies do this? Characters don't have to be "to the extreme", for people to like them. Stick with what everyone loves

That can't be real. Bugs bunny was cute, he looks like he wants to blow the face off some kid watching the show.

How can they possibly make a kids cartoon out of that?

Warner Bros. has created angular, slightly menacing-looking versions of the classic Looney Tunes characters for its new series, dubbed "Loonatics" and set in the year 2772.

Names for the new characters haven't been finalized, but they are likely to be derived from the originals: Buzz Bunny, for example.

:/ At least it's not "Loonatix," but I shouldn't have to say that.

"I smolder with generic rage."

Edit: Beaten twice while looking for the comic! :lol

aoi tsuki

In all fairness, it may be an almost decent show. Bugs and friends have been around for at least fifty years without a major update. With Disney considering reinventing Mickey, it's just a sign of the times. i simply can't see this working on any level, but then again, i'm not the one they're targetting to. Bugs looks like a reject for an Acclaim playformer, but to the kids these days, with the Pokeman...

aoi tsuki said:
In all fairness, it may be an almost decent show. Bugs and friends have been around for at least fifty years without a major update. With Disney considering reinventing Mickey, it's just a sign of the times. i simply can't see this working on any level, but then again, i'm not the one they're targetting to. Bugs looks like a reject for an Acclaim playformer, but to the kids these days, with the Pokeman...

:lol :lol

No. No. NO NO. NOOOOOO NO NO NO NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NOOOOOOOOOO.

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

NOOOOO!

NO.

NO

Tre said:
No. No. NO NO. NOOOOOO NO NO NO NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

NOOOOOOOOOO.

NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.
NO.

NOOOOO!

NO.

NO

Can I add one more NO to that? That'd be swell.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
olimario said:
What is he supposed to do now? Fight Crime? Cut things?
If you read the article, you'd know he is indeed going to be fighting crime.

This boggles my mind. I'm weeping on the inside.

Prospero

Ignatz Mouse said:
It's my fault. I should have gone to see Looney Tunes: Back in Action, or at least have rented it.

Yes, you should have--that movie was as hectic as Gremlins 2 from beginning to end. We'll never see the like of that from Warner Bros. again.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Umm, why does Bugs Bunny look like hellspawn now? I'm confused. Is this some Silent Hill-esque alternate reality?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
demon said:
Umm, why does Bugs Bunny look like hellspawn now? I'm confused. Is this some Silent Hill-esque alternate reality?

It's not Bugs Bunny...he could be Buzz Bunny. And he's from the future. The year 2772. Plus, he's the captain of a space ship.

(Is he joking? Is he serious? How can we ever know! Unfortunately, no text exists explaining this bizzarre image. If only there documentation, or an article of some sort!)

I used to wonder what "Todd McFarlane's Twisted Looney Toons" would look like. But now all I need to do is imagine a little extra blood and gore.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Archaix said:
It's not Bugs Bunny...he could be Buzz Bunny. And he's from the future. The year 2772. Plus, he's the captain of a space ship.

(Is he joking? Is he serious? How can we ever know! Unfortunately, no text exists explaining this bizzarre image. If only there documentation, or an article of some sort!)
Dude, I hope you're not breaking any NDAs or something. That would be bad.

demi

Archaix said:

THAT'S NOT ANDRE 3000'S SHOW, SILLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom