• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Loonietoons get updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Swordian said:
I'm guessing he means inspired by anime like Teen Titans was "inspired by anime".
Teen Titans is anime inspired, unfortauntely most cartoons that still are created here in the states are mostly anime-inspired these days. There are almost no more Animation Houses left here in the West, and stuff like Teen Titans and JLU are farmed out to Japanese Animation Houses.

And back on topic, WB can go **** themselves for this travesty.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Is this what happens when you let the current designers of the cadillacs play with characters cartoons?

They've ripped off the whole cadillac edge theme.

Cadillac-STS.jpg

2004%20Cadillac%20SRX.jpg

CTS-V1B.jpg

cadillac-xlr.jpg

050217_loonatics_hmed.hlarge.jpg

ohamsie

Why the fuck are Taz and Wile E. Coyote part of this? If anything, shouldn't they be villains? WTF.

I am kind of surprised that Tweety isn't part of this.

Manabanana said:
:/ At least it's not "Loonatix," but I shouldn't have to say that.
In 99% of cases I'd agree with you on this... however, this is a riff on Looney Tunes, which combines a nonstandard spelling variant with a homonym. So having this XTREME version use common spelling seems almost inappropriate.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
More details...

Buzz: Team leader with laser and martial arts expertise
Duck: Weapons expert with built-in sonar
Roadster: Super speed
Spaz: Team muscle with jaws of steel
Lexi: Disguise expert with super hearing
Slick: Vehicles and surveillance; regeneration abilities

There appears also to be a human character named Maxima who assembled the team.

Monk

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
Wow. The worst cartoon....no, the worst TV show of all time. And I was alive to bear witness to it.

*Sniffs*

History has been made.

Lies, you just want a cartoon to be worse than those horrid Sonic cartoons.

fallout

Fresh Prince said:
You know what I would like to see an acid-trip version of the Loony Toons gang.
I tried making one once, but just ended up watching wide angled shots of dogs wearing little hats all night.

Those Sonic cartoons were pretty bad, but I can think of many of the all-time worst cartoons that are even worse. Here's a couple:

51-10918-sm.jpg

Scooby-Doo--Scrappy-Doo.jpg

2003_12_hammerman.jpg

49new.jpg

garycoleman.jpg

beverlyteens.jpg

33431-150x500.jpg

onesheet.jpg

gruntlogo.gif

team27.jpg

50-9569.jpg

056-02.jpg

richierich.jpg

shrtGang.jpg

22-3534-sm.jpg

Those are some of the most vile, vulgar, disgusting, downright dethpecable forms of animation created by man-kind, but they pale in comparisson to the excrement permeating from this thread.

Now hang on a second, Scooby Doo and Scrappy Too wasn't that horrible. (I don't know why everyone hates Scrappy, but the SD movie's way of dealing with him was HILARIOUS) Jungle Cubs also wasn't so bad....or maybe I'm only remembering the theme song, which was jus an upbeat version of "Bear Nessessities." I'd like to defend Stripperella because Stan Lee made it, but..it was just soooo corny.

All the rest of those cartoons are shit, though. I'd go so far as to say they're WORSE than Loonatics will be. It's the idea behind Loonatics that makes it so bad. If it wasn't the fact that they're supposed to be the Loony Tunes, it might actually be a decent show.

Edit: Super Milk Chan and Tom Goes To the Mayor are missing from that list. I'd much rather watch Loonatics then either of those shows.

WOW.

The facial animation when he says "What's up, Doc?" Is absolutely HORRIBLE. Is th entire series going to be that poorly animated, what with Maxima's hand just sliding down and all? Because if it is..... Gah, even Teen Titans has better animation then that. Hell, so does TOTALY SPIES for Christ's sake! (And it just doesn't get any more generic than Totaly Spies.)

I really, really hope that's not what the final product's animation looks like.

Edit: Just watched it again...the clip of the guys running looks like standard animation, so...eh...not all is lost I guess.

Not only does the voice of Buzz stab my brain, but the animation, or lack there of, is causing hell in my childhood.

*uses CPR on childhood*

Damnit! LIVE!

Dan

Wow... why does the year 2772 look so unfuturistic? Batman Beyond has a far, far more advanced cityscape and that takes place in the relatively near future. The city looks exactly like the one in The Batman for that matter.

Looney Tunes (characters) + The Batman (environment, some art) + Teen Titans (concept) + XTREME!! = Loonatics

And why does Maxima appear to be absolutely identical to Mirage (from The Incredibles), both in character, voice and design (from what we can see)?

Shogmaster said:
Yeah, and I thought "The Batman" looked bad, this isn't going to take off, not even with kids. Kids WB still has only two things going for it, and they've been around for years and will be around for years. If it weren't for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!, I really doubt the kids portion of the network would be anywhere right now. Though once Yu-Gi-Oh! ends and GX starts up, I think it'll be the beginning of the end for that franchise in America, still a couple of years off though.

Dan

Wufei - Well, The Batman seems to have caught on... It just got renewed for a second season of 26 episodes and has a direct-to-video movie coming out late 2005 called The Batman vs Dracula, plus the three other DVD releases later this year with episodes from the first order. It seems to have quite a bit of support and I can only assume that it's supported by some decent ratings. The show seems to be averaging some 4 to 5 million viewers, which comprise 13-15% of its timeslot.

So I would question whether kids have any kind of great taste and are going to avoid Loonatics.

Edit: added ratings data.

Dan said:
Wufei - Well, The Batman seems to have caught on... It just got renewed for a second season of 26 episodes and has a direct-to-video movie coming out late 2005 called The Batman vs Dracula, plus the three other DVD releases later this year with episodes from the first order. It seems to have quite a bit of support and I can only assume that it's supported by some decent ratings. The show seems to be averaging some 4 to 5 million viewers, which comprise 13-15% of its timeslot.

So I would question whether kids have any kind of great taste and are going to avoid Loonatics.

Edit: added ratings data.
That really saddens me, I honestly thought it was so obviously horrible looking that it wouldn't catch on, but then again I guess Mucha Lucha and suchs cartoons are still on the air and that accounts for something, nonetheless I highly doubt the show will become a classic favorite, but yeah, I'm still skeptical.

Where do you get ratings numbers? I've been interested in looking for some place to find them aside from the weekly primetime ones on Yahoo.

Dan

DarthWufei said:
That really saddens me, I honestly thought it was so obviously horrible looking that it wouldn't catch on, but then again I guess Mucha Lucha and suchs cartoons are still on the air and that accounts for something, nonetheless I highly doubt the show will become a classic favorite, but yeah, I'm still skeptical.

Where do you get ratings numbers? I've been interested in looking for some place to find them aside from the weekly primetime ones on Yahoo.
Toon Zone does all kinds of ratings reports for cartoons. I compared The Batman to other cartoons on Saturday and its third highest on network television, but on the other hand Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network rather kill the networks.

2 questions:
1. Where's Porky?
2. Why is Lola Bunny even being mentioned in the same sentence as Bugs, Daffy, etc., when she was only created so WB could expand the Space Jam toy line?

Dan said:
Toon Zone does all kinds of ratings reports for cartoons. I compared The Batman to other cartoons on Saturday and its third highest on network television, but on the other hand Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network rather kill the networks.
I see, I'll take your word for it as I can't navigate that site at all. I dunno though, it still seems so early and I'd be more interested in seein ghow the movie and toyline, and DVD sets move as indications for success, it's not like the Saturday morning lineup is full of worthy competition, so I guess kids have to have something to watch. :/

I'm quite surprised though with the ratings, I'd think after the first animated series and Batman Beyond, kids just wouldn't click with the rather cheap look of this new series. But I think I'm giving them too much credit. :p

Regardless though, thanks for the link.

fallout

Father_Brain said:
2. Why is Lola Bunny even being mentioned in the same sentence as Bugs, Daffy, etc., when she was only created so WB could expand the Space Jam toy line?
Simple, they're setting it up for a new Space Jam movie where Michael Jordan travels to the 28th century to save Christmas.

Father_Brain said:
Lola is just a new addition to the lineup, so says WB, she's been included in Baby Looney Tunes too, along with that weird chicken duck girl, I forget her name. I guess they just couldn't have Bugs doing drag anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom