• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bugs Bunny and the rest of the Loonietoons get updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Lunatic.jpg

FUCK THE FUCK OFF

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
demon said:
Dude, I hope you're not breaking any NDAs or something. That would be bad.
All the info being thrown around is from the link that no one apparently looked at.

Also, found this over at Toon Zone:
Set in the year 2772, Loonatics will be an "over-the-top, high-octane action-comedy" featuring revised versions of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, the Road Runner, Lola Bunny, Tasmanian Devil and Wile E. Coyote. Using special abilities and an irreverent sense of humor, the six will battle the evils of Acmetropolis.
Toon Zone also references these Loonatics as being "descendants" of the original Looney Tunes characters... not sure if that's meant in terms of actual ancestry or in terms of creative derivatives.

WedgeX

Banned
And the world's media takes yet another shot at the childhood's of many millions of people.

So, are we taking bets yet as to how long until this bombs?

Duck Dodgers wasn't a major redesign of the character. It was just Daffy in a goofy suit.

If I saw this new Bugs somewhere (without knowing who it was), I'd thinking he was the new protagonist in Sonic X or something.

Flynn

Tre said:
Duck Dodgers wasn't a major redesign of the character. It was just Daffy in a goofy suit.

If I saw this new Bugs somewhere (without knowing who it was), I'd thinking he was the new protagonist in Sonic X or something.

I don't think this new Bugs will be replacing the old Bugs from now on. It's a one-shot reimagining for this new show.

It's like making a Duck Dodgers TV show.

And if you're going to get pissed about a change to beloved Looney Toons characters, get pissed about them turning the zany, one-feather-askew Daffy Duck into the mean, humorless Daffy Duck in the '50s. I'm still pissed about that one.

nitewulf

oh wow...i dont know what to say. warner characters have always been sly and witty, as opposed to the dumb as rock disney characters...warner characters shouldnt have to be updated. morons, the lot of them.

Grimlock

The following images are not large enough to convey my feelings on this matter (you would need a monitor the size of that big one in Times Square to see them if they were), but I think they get the point across:

1436175FUcopy.JPG

1436176bcopy.JPG

First words I said: What the FUCK. Awesome first post, first poster.

I like how this new show is getting rid of everything that makes these characters who they are. Bug Bunny isn't some kind of bad-ass mother fucker, he's a sly-witted smart ass.

Who wants to bet that in at least one, if not all of the episodes, Buzz Bunny will say the words "What's up, Doc?" in a dark, semi-'threatening' tone before taking someone out? *sigh*

And how the hell do you make the Road Runner cooler than he is already? Is he just going to be a rocket that goes, "Deet deet" and flies around? How can he and Wile E Coyote be on a team?

Oh shit, I just realised...this is also gonna lead to "bad ass" Yosammity Sam and Elmer Fudd, isn't it?

*weeps*

This is the worst news EVAR.

Chony said:
We should have an art contest to design the others.

Oh snap, I'd be up for that. Anyone else wanna go?

jett

D-Member
I want the blood of every single WB executive involved with this. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM MOTHERFUCKERS.

Belfast

Are you kidding? Mickey Mouse was a straight up JERK in the early cartoons. He was full of himself and freely manipulated others.

Yeah, it was funny, but they eventually homogenized him. He lost any real personality and instead became a character that could be plugged into any situation. The other Disney starts like Donald and Goofy became a lot more popular because they had clear personalities from the start.

I mean, there is a vague "naive do-gooder" image for Mickey that's been played throughout the years, and I'm not sure if there's a need to reinvent him, but he certainly hasn't evolved in a long, long time.

Joates

Banned
Damn that better be fake. Kids could actually get nightmares from shit like that. Is looneytoon land now hell?

Flynn said:
And if you're going to get pissed about a change to beloved Looney Toons characters, get pissed about them turning the zany, one-feather-askew Daffy Duck into the mean, humorless Daffy Duck in the '50s. I'm still pissed about that one.

The zany Daffy Duck is the humorless one if you ask me. It wears thin after like two features. Completely one dimensional. The greedy, looking out for number one, wise-craking Daffy was more versatile. The zany Daffy could never be Duck Tracy or Duck Rogers. Sticking him with Speedy Gonzales in the late 60s though is what kind of sucked.

WedgeX said:
And the world's media takes yet another shot at the childhood's of many millions of people.

So, are we taking bets yet as to how long until this bombs?
Get a grip, pal. Bugs Bunny was a cartoon about Elmer Fudd hunting him. Or Daffy Duck getting involved. Or Bugs Bunny running away from lions. How does what you say make any sense? A shot at the childhood's of many millions of people? What planet are you from? I doubt that line makes sense anywhere in this universe, translated to all the languages in existance.

You're hopped up on nostalgia. Just like everyone else. Your memories and childhood experiences were fed to you by multi-million/billion dollar corporations, and you're whining about them adjusting to the times?

Just... everyone, get a grip. Think for once. This shouldn't mean anything to anyone.

Cyan said:
I think you mean "dethpicable." :)

Finally, somebody picked up on it! Thank You. :D

You're hopped up on nostalgia. Just like everyone else. Your memories and childhood experiences were fed to you by multi-million/billion dollar corporations, and you're whining about them adjusting to the times?

Just... everyone, get a grip. Think for once. This shouldn't mean anything to anyone.

In the grand scheme of things, because they aren't replacing the originals, yeah, it means nothing. Kinda like Tiny Toons.

But the classic Looney Tunes era of 40s and 50s had and appeal about them that were just about timeless. They didn't put mop haircuts on them in the 60s, they weren't hippied or discoed up for the 70s, and when I grew up with them in the 80s, they weren't wearing legwarmers or have multicolored hair nor did they change the classical scores to new wave. Bugs and his pals peacefully coexisted alongside He-man or Transformers or Thundercats or whatever. I just think it's a little sad that some kids today get to miss out on some really good, classic animation.

mj1108

This is Warner Bros attempt at making Bugs Bunny TEH MATUR31!!!@!!!11

They'll end up making a video game out of it called "Grand Theft Wabbit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom