• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully impressions?

Wait the game came out today?! Goddamn robo GameStop woman not calling me to pick up my reserved copy yet. First she fails me on Okami and then this.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Maybe Robo-Gamestop woman has a wrong number.

Have you guys seen the collectors edition of this? The box is gigantic, it comes with a dodgeball, a pretty nifty comic, and a Rockstar sticker all at $49.99. Good luck finding one though. Word is allocations are tight and EB/Gamestop purchased ALL of them from 2K.

Anyone having trouble finding the game? It was sold out at few places around here...a ten out of ten? Holy shit indeed. Can't wait to play it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
no camera invert (it only inverts the vertical plane) sucks. The setting and story so far are fantastic. Same crappy framerate as the GTAs.

kzkb1

Banned
I'm going to try to rent it but I don't know if Blockbuster will have it. I might buy this instead of Contact if they don't.

hyp

argggh another frickin' game i have to play. this holiday season is going to be overwhelming. no way in hell i'm going to beat all these games.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Rockstar seems to have a pretty solid track record. Everything they make is usually at least a B+ or better.

Y2Kev

Going to buy this tomorrow along with Splinter Cell. I'm trading in a bunch of shit so that I can continue to eat. :(

Downhome

Ok, I just found a little bulldog running around, and I think you're supposed to (or you just can) play frisbee with it, but instead I attacked it. I grabbed it by the head, then punched it right in the neck. I couldn't believe it. :lol

This game is awesome, there's a lot of stuff to do in it besides punching innocent dogs in the neck.

Y2Kev

TekunoRobby said:
I am interested!

Go go GAF Hype train.

omg this is totally the most awesome game ever and there are things to do in it and the story and characterization are top notch and this is probably the GOTY and this and this omg and this is going to be so awesome and when you play the game you get this feeling of being back in high school but i really wouldn't know since i'm only 6 months removed or so but i really enjoy it and the graphics are so good better than next-gen in fact when i was playing this i threw my xbox down the stairs because ps2 graphics are better and the gameplay is the best thing ever and once i saw this guy in teh game and he said something that was so funny that i was cracking up and my cheeks hurt so i had to stop laughing by holding my cheeks with my hands because it was so funny because the characterization is so good and this game is totally 10/10 goty gotm (millennium lol) so basically where was i oh yes this game is the best thing ever and i am running out of ways to say its so good basically just remember that when you are playing you are basically looking into the face of god himself

oh and this is totally better than yakuza

demi

Y2Kevbug11 said:
oh and this is totally better than yakuza

Ehhhh, I better put it on my rental queue anyway.

I'll make a thread where people can post negative Bully impressions, lord knows this game will be praised too much like... every game on this forum.

mj1108

Downhome said:
Ok, I just found a little bulldog running around, and I think you're supposed to (or you just can) play frisbee with it, but instead I attacked it. I grabbed it by the head, then punched it right in the neck. I couldn't believe it. :lol

This game is awesome, there's a lot of stuff to do in it besides punching innocent dogs in the neck.

*cues SPCA backlash*

Fusebox

Banned
TekunoRobby said:
I am interested!

Go go GAF Hype train.

Yeah I'm starting to get caught up in the slipstream too, the main thing holding me back was the last-gen graphics but that confirmed 16:9 mode goes a long way toward softening the blow to my eyeballs.

And really, who can go past a good opportunity for some dog punching eh? :D

alr1ght

wow, whoever said this game should be banned is a goddamn moron, it's like an anti-bully game, or GTA pre-school. I love it.

artist

Banned
Gametrailers Review > 1UP Review.

1UP Review said:
Haters: "The camera sucks!
Talk about preemptive damage control .. the gametrailer review is devoid of fanboy/moneyhat feelings.

SantaC

hmm I am surprised that the GAF hype seems kinda low on this game. I mean it's Rockstar.

holy shit on that 1up review though. Only a handful games has gotten a 10 out of 1up.

alr1ghtstart said:
wow, whoever said this game should be banned is a goddamn moron, it's like an anti-bully game, or GTA pre-school. I love it.

I've not kept up too much with this game, but that's what it seemed like in the previews. So are you really against the bullies in the game or is like you can go agains them and still bully other kids?

Also, we need making out with other guys footage.:D

Downhome

Sugarman said:
So are you really against the bullies in the game or is like you can go agains them and still bully other kids?

Yeah, you are against the bullies, but if you want you can go around picking on people yourself. You can beat up the younger kids, guys and girls, adults, dogs (punch in neck remember), and on the map I see a nursing home. :D

dyls

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Rockstar seems to have a pretty consistent track record. Everything they make is usually overrated.

fixed. Obviously I'm not a huge Rockstar fan. I'm just not willing to trade in a consistent frame-rate and attention to detail for the ability to do any idotic thing that comes into my mind. **** a sandbox, I want a polished game, something I've never gotten out of them.

I guess 1up has never heard of the great Gamespot- Tony Hawk 3 debacle.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
ok, the game gets a 10/10 from 1up, so i'm curious.
the question of the moment for those playing it:

if you were bored by gta, would you still enjoy bully?
i'm curious, but not sold.

alr1ght

I just got "busted" GTA style for traying to jack this guys bike. So far, the camera is a little wonky and the skateboard physics are pretty bad. The game is tons 'o fun though.

I was raving to my girlfriend last night about this game and how I've been anticipating it. Mind you, the last Playstation 2 game I have personally purchased was X-Men Legends. I've been out of the gaming scene for awhile but I'm working on resuscitating the gamer within me. And I'm surprised that the Gaming-Age community hasn't been anticipating this title and that there aren't numerous threads on it already.

So my little wife piece shows up at my door in the early afternoon with a Gamestop bag in her hand and my jaw drops. The game is living up to it's hype so far even though I'm still traversing through the introductive storyline of Chapter 1 (out of 5). The NPC dialogues and side-chatter are hilarious, particularly the nerds'.

I just got "busted" GTA style for traying to jack this guys bike. So far, the camera is a little wonky and the skateboard physics are pretty bad. The game is tons 'o fun though.
Yeah, the skateboard is a little iffy but you get used to it after awhile.

If you're not an impulse buyer like myself, just rent it and try it out for tastes. From what I've heard, the game is fully-loaded so a 5-day rental wouldn't be able to suffice for the amount of gameplay stuffed in the game -- unless you have 5 full days to work with, without any interruption, social activities, or job. Which, in that case, I'd feel very bad for you. Unless you were ill, injured, or physically disfigured. Then you're cool.

Downhome

irfan said:
IGN Review:
GameInformer:

So yeah the 1UP review is pretty much an anomaly.

I think you're going to see plenty of normal gamers give it a 10/10 personal score, and a lot of 9+ as well. I'm not going to score it one way or the other since I haven't made it too far through it, but I do flat out love everything I've played of it so far. Here are the various reviews I've seen so far:

IGN Review - 8.9

GameTrailers Video Review - 8.1 out of 10

Game Informer - 8.5 out of 10

GamePro - 4.5 out of 5

Games Radar - 9 out of 10

__________ - 92 out of 100

1UP - 10 out of 10

This game is going to be one of those games that a lot of people love and score very high, and most other people are going to say that it's a great game, but it's "more of the same" in terms of gameplay and the such, which will lower the overall score for some people.

Alex

I'm sick to death of GTA, but I am enjoying this a lot. The presentation and humor are just great. Fun stuff.

Srider

Banned
This is definitely not a 10/10 game....

It has some funny/interesting dialogues and gameplay elements, but overall the game is not very special...

It's not nearly as satisfying as wrecking havok in GTA, but I guess you can grab the girls panties.

Top Bottom