• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully impressions?

TemplaerDude said:
Why is this only on PS2... seriously...

I reckon Rockstar went to them with a deal, ie. we'll only put it on xbox if you give us money as you've stopped supporting it and it ain't worth are time porting it. And Microsoft didn't like the deal, unlucky really.

thatcubankid said:
I was raving to my girlfriend last night about this game and how I've been anticipating it. Mind you, the last Playstation 2 game I have personally purchased was X-Men Legends. I've been out of the gaming scene for awhile but I'm working on resuscitating the gamer within me. And I'm surprised that the Gaming-Age community hasn't been anticipating this title and that there aren't numerous threads on it already.

So my little wife piece shows up at my door in the early afternoon with a Gamestop bag in her hand and my jaw drops. The game is living up to it's hype so far even though I'm still traversing through the introductive storyline of Chapter 1 (out of 5). The NPC dialogues and side-chatter are hilarious, particularly the nerds'.

My suggestion: ditch the girfriend, keep the wife.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This game is SOLD THE SHIT OUT in NYC.

I went to at least three gamestops. Only one had it, and that was in Harlem...and I didn't feel like walking up there.

{Mike} said:
My guess is they will port it on X360

That has been my theory . . .

This paragraph from a Take-Two conference call seems to hint toward an xbox 360 port:

"In terms of the Rockstar line-up, we traditionally play that line-up fairly close to the vest. As we have evaluated the market place, ***we have made some decisions and are in the process of making decisions with some products, of whether they belong on existing gen or whether we can use those assets and move them to next-gen***. We are real pleased with the Table Tennis. ***We clearly identified the Vice City Stories for the back half of the year and identified Bully***, and additional products from Rockstar. We will give more color as we go through the year. "

http://seekingalpha.com/article/11813

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
gameplay = gta lite | edit: completely forgot, the NPC interaction is some of the best I've ever seen

story + music = completely awesome

art direction = superb

graphics = muddy and out dated

worth 50 bucks, and hey its only 40!

ShowDog

After watching my roommate play it for a bit: 1. Framerate kinda sucks 2. Random NPC chatter is annoying and repetitive 3. Everything else seems pretty kick ass.

tawal

Ceebs said:
Maybe it's just me, but the load times sucks.

The load times are not especially bad, to me, but the fact that you are constantly loading is becoming pretty annoying. Other than the fact that the disc is being read more or less constantly, I am really diggin' this game.

I have a hard time understanding how anybody could rate it 10/10, but it is definitely shaping up to be a potentially amazing game, though I would not be especially surprised if it becomes pretty stale the further I get into the game.

Anyone have a pic of the Special Edition box? Just curious as to how it looks.

I saw the mockup; it looked like a locker with a "Bully" logo.

CarlosX360 said:
Anyone have a pic of the Special Edition box? Just curious as to how it looks. .

Here . . . .

bully_detail.jpg

demi

Man, I want it to come to 360 but I just got it from my rental service. Do I really want to play it once knowing it will come out again later down the road?

kenta

Has no PEINS
demi said:
Man, I want it to come to 360 but I just got it from my rental service. Do I really want to play it once knowing it will come out again later down the road?
Honestly I doubt it will come to 360, maybe Bully 2: The College Years or something but go ahead and play it

It's a blast but you'll probably hate it

kenta

Has no PEINS
lachesis said:
Isn't this game GTA - Jr. high, featuring Wayne Rooney, right?
GTA Junior in atmosphere, yeah, but all the gameplay elements of GTA are there and polished close to perfection.

DCharlie

Banned
this game is fricken fantastic.

it's so much fun, it's basically everything i'd hope a remake of Skool Daze would be.

Utterly utterly fantastic, fun, witty, charming... if it keeps up with the quality, this could be one of my favourite games of all time. I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face as each new thing happens.

The DCharlie-o-meter says "BUY!"

DCharlie said:
this game is fricken fantastic.

it's so much fun, it's basically everything i'd hope a remake of Skool Daze would be.

Utterly utterly fantastic, fun, witty, charming... if it keeps up with the quality, this could be one of my favourite games of all time. I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face as each new thing happens.

The DCharlie-o-meter says "BUY!"

enjoy it man. I just beat it. Not a minute of it dragged, really. Nowhere near as long as GTASA (i beat bully in ~23 hours) but quality through and through.

Mrbob

Warm Machine said:
No 360 version as far as I know. Buy the PS2 game if you want to play it like I did today.

Yeah I didn't wait for a supposed 360 version either. Only 40 bucks for the game, don't feel like waiting 6-12 months to pay 20 dollars more for the same game with updated graphics.

Although the GTA engine showing its age on PS2. My only complaint is the frame rate, which can be pretty horrific at times.

Top Bottom