• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie and MS breakup, says GI; custody of manbabies yet to be decided

cilonen

Gigglepoo said:
(The NDA isn't up yet, but a meteor hit Sony last Thursday.)

So is that a good meteor or a bad meteor?

Like, a meteor full of unit sales would be good; but a meteor full of, like rocks or stuff would be bad.

Would the NDA be broken by you indicating where such an impact would lie on the Torino Scale?

4a0d22478af75d91754a370007caa330.jpg

PhatSaqs

Banned
I mean seriously. How would MS even fathom letting this happen. The convo should have went something like this:

MS: So..... er..... we were thinking Halo 4 for you guys next......????
Bungie: No.
MS: Ok do whatever you'd like. And here, give all of your employees 100K bonuses. if you need more just ask. We'll be in a corner over there.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Ninja Scooter said:
isn't bungie completely 100% owned by MS, meaning this isn't like the bizzare situation where they are contracted partners or even the Rare thing where nintendo just owned a stake. What sense would it make for ms to sell the company behind the biggest game franchise around? If a few employees are disgruntled they and go start up a new studio

REALITY HAS NO PLACE HERE!

NekoFever

I was going to post something about this getting picked up as news soon, but the GAF -> Internet -> GAF continuum has outdone itself again.

Ninja Scooter said:
isn't bungie completely 100% owned by MS, meaning this isn't like the bizzare situation where they are contracted partners or even the Rare thing where nintendo just owned a stake. What sense would it make for ms to sell the company behind the biggest game franchise around? If a few employees are disgruntled they and go start up a new studio

/Thread

LCGeek

formerly sane
Watching this thread unfold will bring me many join. Considering how long I've been a gamer doesn't surprise if it does happen and if it doesn't as rumors like this have a tendency to be crap. Then again after rare leaving nintendo, squaresoft merging with enix, sega going 3rd party and bizzare going activision one has to wonder at times.

Madman

worldrunover said:
So if this is true and MS keeps all the Halo rights... who do they hand the reigns to for Halo 4?
If only Microsoft had a studio that has recieved criticism as of late that has experience with a successful FPS and could use a big franchise to get their names back out there. If only...

Madman said:
If only Microsoft had a studio that has recieved criticism as of late that has experience with a successful FPS and could use a big franchise to get their names back out there. If only...

Shadowrun FTL!!!!

I think Bungie is a great studio and they're obviously the leading talent in so many fields, it's incredible they're all part of the same team, but the bottom line for me is that Halo is the franchise I fell in love with so as long as quality games are being produced within that franchise, I'll be happy. From what I can tell here, Microsoft gets to keep the most prominent and significant part of the studio, it's multi-million dollar franchise.

Seems a little strange indeed.

Tieno

Look at the vultures in this thread.

Personally I wouldn't mind an indepent Bungie if that'd mean new IP. I'm a fan of Bungie, not MS. However I seriously doubt this news , MS would be stupid not to give Bungie the freedom they want.

C4Lukins

SomeDude said:
Isn't Bungie 100 percent owned by MS?

Not anymore apparently. MS has just let them go their own way. MS is known for just letting large divisions of their business just go free.

Madman

Superblatt said:
Shadowrun FTL!!!!
FASA broke up a couple months ago, but the studio I am thinking of does have 4 letters in it's name.

Not that I believe this news, but it would be epic if at least partially true.

C4Lukins said:
Not anymore apparently. MS has just let them go their own way. MS is known for just letting large divisions of their business just go free.

I don't know why, but suddenly I had this vision of an Ibex in some captive safari for years finally being freed, and as the gate opens, it tentatively sniffs the air, looks right, then left, then slowly saunters out into the brush.

I can't stop laughing, you jerk.

Top Bottom