• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie and MS breakup, says GI; custody of manbabies yet to be decided

MrNyarlathotep said:
Didn't he say that it wasn't canned? Because... it wasn't.
indeed... and i got called a jackass in that thread for pointing out that Jaffe hadn't denied that it was going multiplayer only.

i made a big flap about it in the hope that months later, no one would be claiming he said things he patently didn't... but it continues.

Andokuky

Banned
I'd like to see a Halo not made by Bungie. Maybe we will finally see some progression in gameplay. (not that the current MP is bad)

lilltias

a friend of mine told me that his mother heard on the bus that bungie is gonna be bought by EA and that the team is gonna make a fps-mode for fifa 09.

sweet, huh?

Endgegner said:
This coincides with my information that a certain game developer codenamed Steve Meister is leaving some game company BethesNda. to direct this game series called Holly Hobby & Friends. at somewhat big company Majesco.

I solved the riddle.

Gio_CoD

Banned
Xater said:
Yeah Microsoft just lets the best(selling) developer they have go...sounds totally plausible.
People said the same thing about Rare and Nintendo.

FTR, I think this is bullshit.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
53330y.jpg

should we name him frankems or lukles

tanod

when is my burrito
Ninja Scooter said:
isn't bungie completely 100% owned by MS, meaning this isn't like the bizzare situation where they are contracted partners or even the Rare thing where nintendo just owned a stake. What sense would it make for ms to sell the company behind the biggest game franchise around? If a few employees are disgruntled they and go start up a new studio

The only way this could be possibly true is if some of the principals or leads at Bungie wanted to buy back the development studio or MS got and accepted an offer from another publisher.

It's the same thing that happened with the leads at Ninja Theory, except that their owner at the time was in financial trouble. They bought back their company.

I wonder if they are talking about Luke Smith. We could totally make another 15 page thread if Luke is changing jobs again. Just when you think they get the podcast started again, he has to leave. :p

The latest I have is that friction started developing between both before E3 2007. MS wanted to showcase a playable level, they wanted to show Tsavo Highway actually. Bungie refused saying it is not final yet and they do not want to show things to the user that might change in major ways (it happened to the first level apparently). This upset MS greatly because there whole E3 plan was based around Halo 3. Opening with Halo 3 and ending with Halo 3.

After that MS decided to not give the go-ahead for a small Bungie XBLA game they wanted to do next. Ever since then it has gone downhill.

Some people there feel MS has been excellent in its support for Bungie and Halo, others feel MS has stifled their creativity.

Sucks :(

Acosta

Microsoft Games is going to loose a lot of credibility if this is serious enough (or true at all).

Loosing Bizarre (it wasn´t a MS Games member but well, you get the idea) + Key members of Bungie could be a huge hit.

Let´s wait for something to confirm or dismiss this.

Gigglepoo said:
Halo is not going to any other system since MS owns the rights. People need to stop posting this crap. If anything does happen, it will be a few disgruntled employees leaving to join Free Radical.
They could make Halou.

calder

This is one of those things you wish would be true only because the reactions would be so hilarious. Can't imagine it is though, sadly. It just makes so little sense.

SantaC

Gold Member
calder said:
This is one of those things you wish would be true only because the reactions would be so hilarious. Can't imagine it is though, sadly. It just makes so little sense.

if it was true it's RE4 to PS2 all over again. gaf literly exploaded that day.

C4Lukins

This reminds me of that rogue team at EA. Just making games and not giving a fuck what the top brass has to say about it.

GhaleonEB

Suburban Cowboy said:
This is true as well. There was definitely a mutual relationship there. However, good FPS come out all the time. I really think the exclusivity and marketing is what made Halo such a presence in the industry. Halo would not be the cultural icon it is today if not for MS. This is regardless of how MS benefited from the title.
Yeah, I won't split hairs further, but I really think Halo is as big as it is primarily because of Bungie, and partly because of MS. It's not an accident that Halo is what it is today.

Odysseus

Banned
element, frankie, and luke are sitting in an im window right now laughing and placing bets on how many posts will be in this thread by the hour. i believe lukems has 500 by 1pm pacific.

Odysseus said:
element, frankie, and luke are sitting in an im window right now laughing and placing bets on how many posts will be in this thread by the hour. i believe lukems has 500 by 1pm pacific.

Sounds about right. It's not Luke and Frankie have anything better to do now that they are fired. :lol

Wait, that didn't come out right.

Top Bottom