• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungies New IP Details - Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imtjnotu

NEW IP

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Pejo

Bungie Engine

share no GIF

Isn't that engine mostly to blame for being unable to change things in Destiny in a reasonable timeframe? I remember back when I used to play Destiny 2 the devs would constantly say "due to constraints with the engine, we are unable to bla bla bla".

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
But folks on GAF told me Bungie's next will be multi-platform ?
Yeah, that was actually in a press release from Bungie after the acquisition - that part of the deal was that games made by Bungie would all be multi platform (Xbox, PS, PC) - which begs the question - why even buy them to begin with?

Here’s the FAQ itself, and the statement I was referring to:

Q. Bungie has future games in development, will they now become PlayStation exclusives?
No. We want the worlds we are creating to extend to anywhere people play games. We will continue to be self-published, creatively independent, and we will continue to drive one, unified Bungie community.

Last edited:

Pelta88

Bungie are at their best when they have the freedom to create. And the one thing I'm certain of is that SIE are as hands off with Bungie as they have proven to be with their other studios. Which means Bungie has been in that proverbial kitchen, whipping up something special.

Last edited:
T’would be a very bad look for SIE to make the first new thing out of Bungie exclusive after literally waxing lyrical about how they’ll remain MP in their announcement posts. It was mentioned in every press release and blog post.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Varteras

Gold Member
T’would be a very bad look for SIE to make the first new thing out of Bungie exclusive after literally waxing lyrical about how they’ll remain MP in their announcement posts. It was mentioned in every press release and blog post.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

I've taken the stance that unless a company explicitly names a platform or says "all platforms" for future projects, assume that at any point certain platforms could be excluded. As far as I know, and I could be wrong on this, neither Sony nor Bungie stated this. They simply said "multiplatform" and "where our community is". These are vague remarks that can be bent to suit a narrative later.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
If its on PC I'll try it. If I can break my destiny addiction after final shape might just quit gaming all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom