• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King testing Whopper Dog in select locations (UPDATE: Launching nationwide)

Time to settle this - acceptable hot dog condiments?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/food-news/new-whopper-dog-from-burger-king

Spotted in Maryland so far, dunno what other locations are testing it.

The Whopper Dog features lettuce, tomato, pickles, chopped onions, ketchup, and mayo and it’s priced at $1.99.

Pwwb7Wn.jpg

EDIT: I guess they're rolling this thing nationwide:

http://www.brandeating.com/2016/05/burger-king-adds-new-whopper-dog.html

Burger King launches the new Whopper Dog as the first limited-time variety for their Grilled Dogs line.

As the name suggests, the hot dog comes layered with the same toppings as the chain's signature Whopper sandwich: lettuce, tomato, ketchup, chopped onions, and pickles.

The suggested price for the Whopper Dog is $1.99 (may vary).

If you're wondering what other hot dog flavors might make it on the menu down the line, during testing last year, a Rodeo version as well as an A.1 Ultimate Grilled Dog was spotted.

Nutritional Info - Burger King Whopper Dog
Calories - 380 (from Fat - 220)
Fat - 24g (Saturated Fat - 8g)
Sodium - 1040mg
Carbs - 30g (Sugar - 8g)
Protein - 11g

vNk7R39.jpg

neoanarch

Are they not already everywhere? Could have sworn I've seen them here in Dallas.

Is Dallas a fast food test ground ? Cause I'm about to sit down and wat the Grand Mac. Plus they've been running a commercial about it for a while.

Why can't they just make quality burgers and word of mouth will spread? Downsize the menu essentials and kick ass at them rather than going for gimmicks no one cares about that we try only once and don't bother having again?

Alphahawk

Why can't they just make quality burgers and word of mouth will spread? Downsize the menu essentials and kick ass at them rather than going for gimmicks no one cares about that we try only once and don't bother having again?

Burger King is already quality though.

You make no sense.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mayo on a hot dog...

reverseFootballplayermeme.gif

Mayo on a hot dog is pretty good, I've had it a fair few times. Many "gourmet" or "specialty" dogs have mayonnaise on them in some form.

I'm one of those who doesn't care if people put mayo or ketchup on their hot dogs, but putting lettuce is a crime against humanity.

daveo42

Banned
I'd rather eat an actual Chicago-style dog tho instead of whatever schlock BK is going to sell. Also, mayo if fine. It's just eggs and vinegar.

KingBroly

Banned
It looks awful and stacking all that crap on one side is also awful. You need balance.

Who puts fucking half Pickles on a Hot Dog? Use Relish.

Go in and swing on that Whoppa Ding-a-ling

The ads write themselves

Argentina dog sounds interesting

Personally I enjoy mayo above ketchup on my dog, but I'm generally a chili, cheese, and onion or straight mustard and relish only kind of peasant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom