• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

Positive Feedback for:

steveovig
darkbanjo
Terra_Ex
CronosBlade
liezryou
RavenHawk
Dice
LQX
Smash88
wetflame
ricochetguro

Sorry for my very belated input about this feedback mess.
As a matter of fact, I don't really mind people stop giving me feedback, the only purpose they have had lately is for me to keep track of all feedbacks I need to give out.
The exposure have even at times been too much for me to handle, so a little bit less wouldn't really hurt me, since I'm putting down a lot of time and getting very little back.
Sabanoo actually had a great idea about how to manage all those feedbacks (autofeedback for everyone i give feedback to).

Gotta admit that I kinda agree with Dave Long that this is starting to look more and more like a store, even if there obviously always will be users in a forum kind of acting like a store, there have been before I got here and more will come.
But, I've given this a long and hard thought, and decided to shut down my NeoGAF "store".
I will leave my Google Docs up for a while, but I won't be posting more lists with games here and I wont be taking any requests for new games.
This isn't because of all the talk about the feedbacks, absolutely not, I've been thinking about phasing out my game selling for a long time and it just feels like a logical step, at the right time, to do so.

This will be my last time linking to my available stock: Dunders Games @ Google Docs
(Read the rules here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72437171&postcount=14117)

Thanks for all the fantastic deals, met a whole lot of wonderful people and it have been a pleasure to be of service for you.
Now, see you around in the real forums :) Cheers

Well I just want to let you know you've done a great service for this forum,. Thank you.

WTB
-CIB Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES
-US Classic Pier Solar (the one that the box says "Genesis" and has the CD). Will pay $225 for a complete one.
-US Neo Geo AES games

I am NeoGAF Gold.

Positive Feedback for:

steveovig
darkbanjo
Terra_Ex
CronosBlade
liezryou
RavenHawk
Dice
LQX
Smash88
wetflame
ricochetguro

As a matter of fact, I don't really mind people stop giving me feedback, the only purpose they have had lately is for me to keep track of all feedbacks I need to give out.
The exposure have even at times been too much for me to handle, so a little bit less wouldn't really hurt me, since I'm putting down a lot of time and getting very little back.
Sabanoo actually had a great idea about how to manage all those feedbacks (autofeedback for everyone i give feedback to).

Gotta admit that I kinda agree with Dave Long that this is starting to look more and more like a store, even if there obviously always will be users in a forum kind of acting like a store, there have been before I got here and more will come.
But, I've given this a long and hard thought, and decided to shut down my NeoGAF "store".
I will leave my Google Docs up for a while, but I won't be posting more lists with games here and I wont be taking any requests for new games.
This isn't because of all the talk about the feedbacks, absolutely not, I've been thinking about phasing out my game selling for a long time and it just feels like a logical step, at the right time, to do so.

This will be my last time linking to my available stock: Dunders Games @ Google Docs
(Read the rules here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=72437171&postcount=14117)

Thanks for all the fantastic deals, met a whole lot of wonderful people and it have been a pleasure to be of service for you.
:(

Ryuukan

Selling:

Sealed watch from Zero's Last Escape, red face - $45 shipped

US & paypal only
Shipped via UPS, no PO Boxes.

(ex)neogaf gold

Positive Feedback for:

steveovig
darkbanjo
Terra_Ex
CronosBlade
liezryou
RavenHawk
Dice
LQX
Smash88
wetflame
ricochetguro

IjQEySC.jpg

Darkwater

Positive Feedback for:

steveovig
darkbanjo
Terra_Ex
CronosBlade
liezryou
RavenHawk
Dice
LQX
Smash88
wetflame
ricochetguro

2502762-6278897736-no-no.gif

On a serious note, thanks for everything man!

Peagles

STILL LOOKING! Please help me!

This might be a long shot but...

Still WTB: Mint/Very Good Condition Chrono Trigger BOX ONLY

Would also consider with other bits and bobs (game, maps, manual etc), but all I'm really after is the box! I bought a CIB recently but the box got crushed in the post... :(

Servbot24

Banned
Want to Sell:

Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3DS
Bioshock Infinite PS3

All in perfect condition.

Looking for:

Mass Effect Trilogy PS3

STILL LOOKING! Please help me!

This might be a long shot but...

Still WTB: Mint/Very Good Condition Chrono Trigger BOX ONLY

Would also consider with other bits and bobs (game, maps, manual etc), but all I'm really after is the box! I bought a CIB recently but the box got crushed in the post... :(
are you selling the crushed box?

Istaerion

Positive Seller Feedback for Bungie's!

User provided excellent communication as well as delivered his/her digital merchandise instantly & hassle free.

Prozel

Maybe wrong place to ask but I need an american to help me buy Mass Effect 3 which is currently on offer, Gamestop.com. Unfortunately, my credit card doesn't work.

Any Gaffer willing to help?

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Want to trade:

Rogue Legacy ( Steam key)

Looking for :

A wide variety of Steam games. PM me with the games you have up to trade!

Grief.exe

Postive Feeback for Square Triangle

Bought Chrono Trigger DS from him. Good price, fast shipping, and perfect condition. It looked, and smelled, like it had barely even been opened.

And my updated list.

Looking to expand my DS collection

WTB

Radiant Historia
Rune Factory 3
The World Ends With You
Chrono Trigger
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Also looking for
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town (GBA)
Golden Sun (GBA)
Mega Man X2 (SNES)
Mega Man X3 (SNES)
Harvest Moon (SNES)

Willectro

Banned
Positive Feedback for:

steveovig
darkbanjo
Terra_Ex
CronosBlade
liezryou
RavenHawk
Dice
LQX
Smash88
wetflame
ricochetguro

Thanks for everything, Dunder. You were a pleasure to deal with and seem like a real class act. Every transaction was quick and reliable.

That being said, I'm absolutely disgusted with some members of the "community". I can't even fathom how people can bitch about the service/deals you provided. What is so wrong in someone's life that they have to complain about there being a few extra posts on a fucking forum of all places? Is it a PC vs. Console issue?

I urge everyone who had a problem with anything related to Dunder to seek mental help, because you desperately need it. We can now return to overpriced carts and dust-filled consoles. A real positive for the community has been turned into a negative. Congratulations.

Ephemeris

Positive Feedback for:

More more deal before you gooooo

Speevy

Banned
Thanks for everything, Dunder. You were a pleasure to deal with and seem like a real class act. Every transaction was quick and reliable.

That being said, I'm absolutely disgusted with some members of the "community". I can't even fathom how people can bitch about the service/deals you provided. What is so wrong in someone's life that they have to complain about there being a few extra posts on a fucking forum of all places? Is it a PC vs. Console issue?

I urge everyone who had a problem with anything related to Dunder to seek mental help, because you desperately need it. We can now return to overpriced carts and dust-filled consoles. A real positive for the community has been turned into a negative. Congratulations.

Nobody ran the guy off. You're reaching.

EricB

Looking to trade for other, similarly priced eshop games such as:

Super Mario Land 2
Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels
Mega Man 1, 2, or 3
Castlevania
Mighty Switch Force
Shantae

or possibly others, let me know what you have.

Willectro

Banned

Oversensitive individuals bitched about something that barely impacts them. Dunder is a good guy so he took the high road and closed up shop without argument. Now myself and the numerous other people he dealt with are without deals. How am I reaching?

bigace33

No he's not. Who wants unwanted attention from salty forumites? Dunder is a very humble dude and offered a great service which is why he got so much praise. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

NoRéN

Who needs the mental help?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No he's not. Who wants unwanted attention from salty forumites? Dunder is a very humble dude and offered a great service which is why he got so much praise. That doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

Yeah! Look at me! Getting my panties all in a twist about people buying stuff cheaply! I hate it when people engage in mutually beneficial transactions! RAWR. THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON ANYBODY COMPLAINED. BECAUSE THEY HATE AWESOME THINGS. AWESOME THINGS ARE DUMB.

Willectro

Banned

This exactly.

NoRéN;72866681 said:
Who needs the mental help?

I hope you are more successful selling your shit in this thread now that the menace that was Dunder is gone. I'm sorry any type of competition is too much for you to deal with.

NoRéN

T
I hope you are more successful selling your shit in this thread now that the menace that was Dunder is gone. I'm sorry any type of competition is too much for you to deal with.

Wow, you are certainly coming off as pathetic in this thread. Who exactly complained about DunderHassan being a threat? It seemed like he was well liked here for the deals.

You're overreacting more than Dunder. It's somewhat sad.

Speevy

Banned
I don't know if this occurred to you Willectro, but people have been making commentary about the state of this topic since the first page of the very first B/S/T thread.

No one said anything negative about Dunderhassan. He's received universally great feedback from everyone. All anyone said was that the thread looked a little cluttered with all the kudos.

If anything, viewing this thread as a kind of competition rather than a friendly place to sell things is wrong on its face. Dunderhassan never intended to outshine anyone, because he's a cool guy. He's a good example that we can learn from. What we should also learn from him is that this particular selling platform is just a little too small for his volume of business.

Great guy, great deals, some complained about the overexposure, but overall you're the one making a stink about nothing.

If Dunderhassan knows nothing else, I think he knows how much he's appreciated here, and the voices of the many drown out the few constructive suggestions that were given.

With that said, the various Neogaf Gold members owe you no explanation as to their positions. They've sold things here and deserve the same chance as anyone.

Willectro

Banned
NoRéN;72869881 said:
Wow, you are certainly coming off as pathetic in this thread. Who exactly complained about DunderHassan being a threat? It seemed like he was well liked here for the deals.

You're overreacting more than Dunder. It's somewhat sad.

I'm not wasting my time looking for every ignorant post but:
I realize DunderHassan has good deals and people like buying from him, but this is really starting to feel like the DunderHassan Steam Store. :-/

Yup, it seems like it doesn't really fit with the purpose of the thread anymore. I think if we just stop with leaving feedback for him it'll be fine. If he could combine his every 150 posts deals post with his positive feedback for the buyers it would work well.

I guess it would all be fixed by having a seperate feedback thread though. That might be the best idea. Make it easy for the people keeping the spreadsheet update, and would keep this thread focused on buying and selling.

I agree, Dunder has awesome deals and is a super nice guy, but this thread is losing its purpose and he doesn't even need feedback anymore.

Whatever it takes. It's out of hand. I like this thread to browse what people are selling, not to wade through 50 posts where only three are things for sale.

The problem is DunderHassan is now a store on the NeoGAF B/S/T thread for 2013. It has become much bigger than the rest of the thread to the point it is overriding everything else. I doubt EviLore would be on board with one guy turning his forum into a personal Steam games store.

A thread like this on any forum has limits. 150 posts between repeat listings for example. DunderHassan gets advertising much more often than that because of people putting in feedback for him. He's basically outside the rules or at the very least the spirit of the rules.

I'm happy he's making money and selling people games they want for cheap. But I don't want what he's selling and I'm kinda getting tired of wading through all the posts about him to find things I'm interested in because they are overwhelming the thread.

I think we need to sit down and have a serious discussion about this. I have my pages set to 100 posts and the last two pages have been more feedback for Dunder than actual B/S/T posts. And I think that is a problem.

Yes, we can all agree feedback needs to be relayed, but Dunder pushes so much volume. It's clear s/he is a trustworthy seller, but we've reached a point where more feedback for this user isn't netting any benefit to the thread or the feedback list.

And you are correct, I am reacting more than Dunder. I like deals, who the fuck doesn't? I get home from work thinking I might check out Dunder's deals and am faced with this bullshit. Dave Long seems to have a huge hate on for Dunder getting feedback for some reason. Dunder followed all the rules stated in the OP, as did his buyers. Those were the rules of the thread. Don't like it? No one is forcing you to conduct business here.

Willectro

Banned
I don't know if this occurred to you Willectro, but people have been making commentary about the state of this topic since the first page of the very first B/S/T thread.

No one said anything negative about Dunderhassan. He's received universally great feedback from everyone. All anyone said was that the thread looked a little cluttered with all the kudos.

If anything, viewing this thread as a kind of competition rather than a friendly place to sell things is wrong on its face. Dunderhassan never intended to outshine anyone, because he's a cool guy. He's a good example that we can learn from. What we should also learn from him is that this particular selling platform is just a little too small for his volume of business.

Great guy, great deals, some complained about the overexposure, but overall you're the one making a stink about nothing.

If Dunderhassan knows nothing else, I think he knows how much he's appreciated here, and the voices of the many drown out the few constructive suggestions that were given.

With that said, the various Neogaf Gold members owe you no explanation as to their positions. They've sold things here and deserve the same chance as anyone.

How the fuck am I making a "stink about nothing"? It's not nothing. Dunder is ceasing operations here. That is certainly something. Sorry to the other sellers that the cream rises to the top. So much for a free market.

I first conducted business with Dunder after a failed transaction with another GAF seller, who will remain nameless. These headaches were never an issue with Dunder. So yea, it's a "stink about" something. Is part of the idea of this thread to not pay retail for games?

I don't give 2 shits about 99.9% of the shit people post in this thread. But I don't shit up the thread bitching about someone completing successful transactions that were good for both buyer and seller.

And yea, in the end it wasn't a mob yelling for his blood, but it was enough for this to be the result. Which sucks.

As one who has done a decent amount of business with Dunder I am sad to see him close up shop. I thought all the requests during the steam sale would be tiresome for him so I left him alone during the sale and was happy with just the already good discounts I was getting from Steam. I thank you Dunder for the great deals and look forward to interacting with you on GAF on this side of the tracks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm not wasting my time looking for every ignorant post but:

Oh hey, look at all those people who aren't saying anything bad about DunderHassan or saying he's a threat.

I mean, you even quoted a post that says that the guy was super nice and had great deals. How the hell does that help your case?

Willectro

Banned
Oh hey, look at all those people who aren't saying anything bad about DunderHassan or saying he's a threat.

I mean, you even quoted a post that says that the guy was super nice and had great deals. How the hell does that help your case?

I agree, Dunder has awesome deals and is a super nice guy, but this thread is losing its purpose and he doesn't even need feedback anymore.

You can pad it with compliments, but that doesn't change the fact that it's needless bitching about someone who was following the rules and providing an excellent service.

steveovig

For fuck's sake, can we please get back to buying and selling things? This bickering is worse than the complaining about Dunder and that was stupid too.

CatPee

Got a $21.49 Gamestop Gift Card for sale. I'm looking to get $17.50 for it, but I'll also trade straight-up for Valkyria Chronicles.

So here's the deal:

I had gotten a $25 Amazon gift card under the assumption that the "Buy With Amazon Payment" option on Humble Bundle and non-Steam sites would allow me to use my gift card. But it doesn't.

So I can email/gift someone something from Amazon (Microsoft Points code, PSN code, Amazon gift code, etc). I've never done any transactions on Amazon so maybe I could send something else (preferably that can be sent through email or online like MP3, ebooks, movies, digital games, etc). But I guess, if it is really desired, I could also ship something.

In return, preferably my first choice would for someone to get a $25 Visa Gift Card and PM or email the necessary info so I can register the card.

Second (last resort) choices would be either a $15 or $25 iTunes code or a $20 Steam Wallet code

(Reason why I can't really be shipping stuff is because I live at home with my parents and they don't really like their college student son not focusing on school. Their house, their rules, so I can't be mailing stuff from the house or receiving packages. Plus I don't have a credit card.)

PM me if interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom