• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cait Sith design in Final Fantasy VII Remake... how they will handle him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
caitp1.jpg

final_fantasy_vii_time_guardian_concept_sequel_by_rodensoft_2.jpg

It was OK and can be tolerant in the original game because of the overall charming design... but now in the remake how they will handle him?

I mean the design will look so out of the place with the rest of the cast and characters:

cait-sith-riding-his-moogle-1024x576.png

What do you think they should do with the design of Cait Sith?

P.S: I'm not talking about the cat, I'm talking about the HUGE mog doll he is mounting.
P.S.2: Guys I'm not suggesting to write him off lolz come on!! I'm talking about the design of the mog doll Cait Sith is riding maybe to redesign the size and the shape?

Jonnax

M8 he is 10/10 cute. Hopefully he stays so.

For all the dark subject matter of the game it has plenty of lighthearted stuff. To get rid of that would be like getting another Advent Children.

Krejlooc

Banned
I don't think the cat on a toy looks out of place next to the one-eyed talking intelligent tiger with a flame tail or the vampire.

jett

D-Member
Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the cut.

Amount of people that care about Cait Sith is probably in the negative area.

Meowster

He's easily the worst character of the entire game (and one of the worst of the series) but he, and his huge plushie body, must remain.

ZangBa

The game isn't suddenly super serious mode because the graphics don't look like garbage. He's a part of the game and story, they don't need to change anything.

SerTapTap

I honestly wouldn't mind if he were completely removed. There's like one story scene where he serves as an awkward Deus ex Machina thing and his combat abilities are lame (other than the exploitability of slots). He's one of the weakest parts of the whole game.

They'll probably just make him look more or less like he does in that shot and call it a day I guess. But his character could use a major overhaul IMO.

cyress8

Banned
Do people even use Cait Sith in their main party? I never used him and don't even know what skills he has anymore. I completed ff7 probably a dozen times and still feel he is just there to advance the "plot."

Hugstable

Banned
If they seriously change Cait Sith out I'm gonna be pissed haha. They might as well make Red XIII human at that point too. Gimmie dat Cait SIth!

Just adhere to his (its?) original design. If it ain't broke don't fix it. And if they're worried about how he's going to blend in with the rest of the game's aesthetic then they're already doing it wrong.

Do people even use Cait Sith in their main party? I never used him and don't even know what skills he has anymore. I completed ff7 probably a dozen times and still feel he is just there to advance the "plot."

Not once. Useless in the plot for most of the game and useless in the combat. He just needs to go.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
If they seriously change Cait Sith out I'm gonna be pissed haha. They might as well make Red XIII human at that point too. Gimmie dat Cait SIth!

Make Cait Sith a human doll. A girl in a pink/white pajama suit with a hoodie and a cat backpack.

Balphon

It was OK and can be tolerant in the original game because of the overall charming design... but now in the remake how they will handle him?

I mean the design will look so out of the place with the rest of the cast and characters.

I think he'll fit in pretty well with the zombie, talking dog, and the guy with a gun for a hand.

He was terrible battle-wise, but I loved his look and character so he remained in my party even against Seph at the end. They better not change him!

Cait Sith is one of the most important characters in the game, and has just as much screen time as Barret. In fact, he is Barret's foil in a lot of regards. I'm sick of people saying he's useless to the story. He's more important than Red XIII.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm just shocked Nomura hasn't redesigned Barrett to be a Organization 13 sytle Bishonen.

There's still time.

ZangBa

Cait Sith is one of the most important characters in the game, and has just as much screen time as Barret. In fact, he is Barret's foil in a lot of regards. I'm sick of people saying he's useless to the story. He's more important than Red XIII.

When you think about it, that's hilariously accurate.

No they can't change Cait Sith. I love him and he's a recurring FF character with a legacy, its not like they suddenly wouldn't want him in the game.

fader

wait. you mean the doll? Because "Cait Sith" is the name of the cat not both/the doll. It's just a giant animatronic moogle. I guess they can redesign it to make it look more animal looking like how the moogles appear in FF12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom