• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cait Sith design in Final Fantasy VII Remake... how they will handle him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZangBa

Next thing you know people are going to make threads about giving Bugenhagen feet, because him floating around doesn't fit.

Seriously op? And Cait Sith *is* the cat.

lol I know he is the cat, you are taking to one of the biggest FFVII fanboys out there XD.

Next thing you know people are going to make threads about giving Bugenhagen feet, because him floating around doesn't fit.

He have feet but he is sitting on a floating ball.

Bugenhagen.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I could just as well think it's an oldschool fan who's convinced themselves in the rear view mirror that VII is inherantly a serious Blade Runner style adventure, when it's actually a totally anime property, full of cute elements and comedic situations.

Somewhere out there, someone is agonizing over animu in his Final Fantasy.

I've got an idea for you: what if the giant moogle-thing robot could be replaced by other robots, either for purely esthetic reasons or to give Cait Sith different abilities in battle ? I'd be okay with that. Have him pilot some sort of bad-ass mech.

Or what if after the robot sacrifices himself, Reeve formally joins the party himself ? That would be rad. He could have another cait sith by his side, assisting him in combat.

Hunter S.

I say redesign it. I won't use him in my party if they do not. Part of the reason I like this ff so much is the characters have a more edgy look compared to some ffs. *cough* 13 and 15*cough*

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Ff9 had weird characters, didnt have non-humanoid characters though. Red and Cait Sith are probably the most "out there" characters of all of FF.

FF IX has the most diverse cast since there's only two humans.

Also do NOT redesign, Cait Sith is easily one of Nomura's best designs by far.

As soon as you start worrying about things looking out of place in Final Fantasy VII is when you should be realizing that you should be remaking a different game. Final Fantasy VII is a juxtaposition of a huge amount of ridiculous-ness, and getting rid of it is completely missing the point.

SOLDIER

I like the idea of individual character threads to speculate on their redesigns/actions.

Going to make one about Tifa later today.

Caith Siths character design needs to be louder,bigger and have access to a save Aeries machine.

Nah,honestly just make him goofy as hell looking,the whole point of Caith was pretty much meant to be out of place and weird,so stick wth it.

I've got an idea for you: what if the giant moogle-thing robot could be replaced by other robots, either for purely esthetic reasons or to give Cait Sith different abilities in battle ? I'd be okay with that. Have him pilot some sort of bad-ass mech.

Or what if after the robot sacrifices himself, Reeve formally joins the party himself ? That would be rad. He could have another cait sith by his side, assisting him in combat.

I actually like your idea of him piloting a robot.

But Reeve can't join the party later
because in disc 2 they arrest him after discovering his undercover.

FF IX has the most diverse cast since there's only two humans.

Also do NOT redesign, Cait Sith is easily one of Nomura's best designs by far.

Ff9 had a cast of characters who were different shades of human. FF7 had a talking dog and a robot cat riding a robot fat moogle controlled by the enemy. Was also a better cast in general. Too much of 9s cast were completely forgettable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
People, please stop making a thread for every little thing you want to talk about regarding the FFVII remake. It's really not threadworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom