• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cali & Mass. votes to legalize weed; FL, N. Dakota & Arkansas approve medical weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale-XF11

Weed is technically already illegal under federal law. However, in recent years the Justice Department has declined to prosecute people for selling weed in states that legalize it and create protections against marketing it to children. A Trump presidency brings that status into question.

Hillary promised to allow states to continue to experiment with legalization. I wonder what Trump promised.

legbone

Congrats californians! Looks like us Arkansans are going to get it for medicinal purposes. My chronic insomnia may finally be able to be treated legally (nothing works for me but herb).

Fisty

It definitely wasn't hard to get it previously, but I wonder what all those weed doctors are going to do now. There were tons of little pop up docs that just gave recommendations

tumblr_nu762jzh6k1s2fn7xo2_500.gif
quote dot

So how's it going in Nevada right now? I can't find out if there is any new info.
With Trump as president I might need to smoke a lot of pot.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Welcome fellow states! At the beginning, there will be lineups outside stores, but eventually the novelty will wear off and it'll just be business as usual.

Also the sky hasn't fallen and overall crime is down here in Colorado :)

Maxinas

And hopefully Prop 56 goes through. I'd rather have to deal with pot smokers as neighbors than cigarette smokers who occasionally have temper tantrums here and there.
I really need to move to a better apartment complex.

FStop7

Banned
And hopefully Prop 56 goes through. I'd rather have to deal with pot smokers as neighbors than cigarette smokers who occasionally have temper tantrums here and there.
I really need to move to a better apartment complex.

It looks like 56 is going to pass.

Ponn

Banned
Florida we got medical version approved so yay something good came out of today. Hopefully on my next visit to my neurologist we can get the ball rolling and I don't have to wake up most of the week and spend the morning in the bathroom puking and in awful numbing pain with the only recourse of forcing enough muscle relaxers down my throat to knock me out for the whole day. .

Matty77

Need to buy a lock box. Here in MA it's now legal to have under 10 ounces at home but it must be locked up, and you can carry up to an ounce. I guess it takes effect in December but for now the medical dispensieres will convert to straight selling Recreational because new licenses will not go out until 2018.

Funniest language in the law is you are allowed to gift up to an ounce to a legal individual. Wonder how many people will "borrow money" from a friend while "gifting" a bag before new locations open up?

Matty77

Move to Massachusetts. It's better than california. And far more liberal. California is actually has pretty deep pockets of conservatives
I agree with this about 90%. Winter kind of drags down the averages even though most everything else is great. And we have our embarrassing places also, especially in western MA.

Deadstar

What happens to all the kids that are in jail for small possession? I really hope this move hurts the prison economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom