• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cali & Mass. votes to legalize weed; FL, N. Dakota & Arkansas approve medical weed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for it even though I don't blaze. You're welcome, stoners.
32771b4d97dd7d087187ec99e4f443e1-tina-fey-self-five.gif

Couleurs

Trump said he is fine with medical use but against recreational, so I wonder if he will order the DEA to crack down on recreational dispensaries, or leave shit up to the states.

tariniel

This rules. I hope it doesn't take them a full year before I can go buy it at a store. Hopeful those temporary permits the article mentions happen soonish.

I don't have anyone to buy from but I'd really like to replace alcohol with weed and get that poison out of my life.

norm9

Gonna take a year to take effect, but I might call up a delivery service and see if they'll hook me up early.

I love my state. So much.

We're really going to have to be the light in these dark times.

I hope we can fortify ourselves from Trump's administration. Hopefully they're all into state's rights lol.

LaNaranja

Who gives a shit about weed. The bigger deal is that not only did we fail to repeal the death penalty, we voted to speed it up. :/

Also Orange County went blue. That is pretty damn surprising.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I have never gotten stoned while being depressed.

I am disappointed in America.

Still illegal at the federal level though right? I could see Trump's administration trying to look tough by increasing the number of raids done on dispensaries.

Hillary promised to allow states to continue to experiment with legalization. I wonder what Trump promised.

I looked this up earlier because I thought "Surely he'll just make it illegal immediately" and ASTOUNDINGLY, he's actually for it. He actually argued against Bill O'Reilly about it, saying that medicinal marijuana definitely has a place and helps people, and as for recreational he thinks states should be left to do as they choose with it. Over-all he says more studies should be done. My jaw dropped, to be honest. So unless he was lying, which, I mean, he was talking so 70% chance of that... but Bill was totally against and Trump was arguing for. Shocking.

So no licenses and shops open for another year? But effective tomorrow it's legalized and OK to possess, transport, and use it?

Dumb question: when can we, uh, start, er, you know, without getting in trouble?

January 1st, 2017.

daffy

Banned
When does it go in effect?
01/01/18 for the actual retail dispensary licenses to start being issued. you can start carrying an ounce today. not sure when medical offices will be able to own temporary licenses. hopefully by the summer.

01/01/18 for the actual retail dispensary licenses to start being issued. you can start carrying an ounce today. not sure when medical offices will be able to own temporary licenses. hopefully by the summer.

Oh shit whaaat? I'd read it doesn't go into effect until the start of the new year. That's fantastic news.

I mean I have a medical card but still, cool! Can we start growing our six allowed plants now too?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
This was obviously lost in the wreckage that was the election, but happy for mass, we made the obvious choice.

Yea...what's going to happen when people start smoking and jobs still test for it?

There are ways around standard, unsupervised urinalysis testing. It's not ideal, but I guess you've gotta do what you've gotta do for the time being. Hair testing is still an issue, but fortunately less common.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Proposed measure in Mass would have a max tax of 12% Hahahaha compared to the obscene tax rates in Colorado and the PNW. That's around $7 on top of a $60 purchase. Not bad at all.

My dad grows his own. What does this mean for him

Up to 6 plants is what I see in the information about the prop.

I'm wondering how the eddibles market is going to change. I was really looking forward to having some gummies.

Magic says they will deliver pre rolls and edibles to non card holders starting 1/1/17.

Damaniel

Banned
Trump said he is fine with medical use but against recreational, so I wonder if he will order the DEA to crack down on recreational dispensaries, or leave shit up to the states.

I don't think cracking down on legal weed is going to be super high on the Trump agenda - they'll be too busy dismantling the EPA and privatizing Social Security to care.

LifEndz

Guess I have a reason to hit up Mass for a vacation. I must be the only person in NYC without access to a weed guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom