• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cali & Mass. votes to legalize weed; FL, N. Dakota & Arkansas approve medical weed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Florida just passed it too, I think.

They passed medical weed.

I smoked a bit when I was younger but honestly stopped due to the legality. I didn't want to go to jail for something I did on random social occasions. I didn't want my judgemental family to mark me as a convicted drug user over it.

I know nothing about what conditions are improved other than epilepsy, but my wife looked at me with a huge smile and said "congrats".

I'll take it as I'm about to become a pothead and now I can't be judged.

Fuck, where's my Bob Marley Legend album...

Kaako

Felium Defensor
The entire nation should've collectively legalized recreational marijuana after that fuckery last night. We need it for the next 4 years.

Matty77

Not sure about Cali but in Mass you're able to have a certain amount of plants
Sucky part on this is I literaly live across the street from a school and while the law says you can have usable forms you cannot grow plants if you are within 500 yards of a school.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Sucky part on this is I literaly live across the street from a school and while the law says you can have usable forms you cannot grow plants if you are within 500 yards of a school.

Shit, that's good to know. Growing seems like a good way to get some gokd, high quality bud in 2017 since retail is gonna take so long to come about

I never wanted to smoke but I am all in on trying some easily obtainable, legal edibles.

Edible gummies will mess you up. Plus they keep the buzzin going for far longer than smoking. Pop a few when your down for the night. Like winding down with a drink.

I was never interested in pot, but after today, the second my state or any state I move to adopts legalized marijuana I'm becoming a smoker.

You honestly should try it. I could not sleep yesterday, felt like complete shit mentally and physically. Smoked some and I felt so much better. Too bad it's only temporary..

Does tinctures hit significantly quicker than candies? I'm tired of waiting around for my mints to kick in, but would prefer to avoid smoking flowers.

You honestly should try it. I could not sleep yesterday, felt like complete shit mentally and physically. Smoked some and I felt so much better. Too bad it's only temporary..

The anxiety/paranoia that I get when high might be too much to handle right now.

inner-G

Banned
I never wanted to smoke but I am all in on trying some easily obtainable, legal edibles.
I would actually recommend getting you feet wet smoking first

You can ease into it better - first timers often have bad experiences on edibles

Does tinctures hit significantly quicker than candies? I'm tired of waiting around for my mints to kick in, but would prefer to avoid smoking flowers
Tincture can really be all over the place. I'd recommend vaping, or make some capsules with extract and coconut oil (they are strong and absorb quickly because of the saturated fat in the oil)

Too bad under Trump's DEA we're going to return to the days of the Ashcroft busts.
Trump is actually pro-medical and states rights. He got into an argument about weed with bill o'reilly

Hale-XF11

Too bad under Trump's DEA we're going to return to the days of the Ashcroft busts.

For all our celebration of this one good thing to come out of this election cycle, this is a very real possibility. There's still plenty of money in the drug war budget left over from obama's administration. All trump has to do is increase the budget even a little and it's back to the year 2000 we go.

I've never done drugs, and have the occasional weekend of overdrinking. Maybe 6-7 times a year, maybe.

I'm definitely going to try marijuana now that it's legal.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I would actually recommend getting you feet wet smoking first

You can ease into it better - first timers often have bad experiences on edibles

I think I'm immune to eating weed.

The few times I've smoked kicked my ass but supposedly strong edibles do very little to me.

What's an easy way to get access to seeds in California now? I'm interested in trying to grow some.

inner-G

Banned
What's an easy way to get access to seeds in California now? I'm interested in trying to grow some.
Online is pretty safe these days. Try attitude or herbies

Feminized or autoflowering strains would be easier to start with. I'd also do a hybrid rather than pure sativa or indica until you learn the ropes

olympia

Online is pretty safe these days. Try attitude or herbies

Feminized or autoflowering strains would be easier to start with. I'd also do a hybrid rather than pure sativa or indica until you learn the ropes

Good advice. You could also start with a clone if there is a club near you. Backyard growing season is pretty over though, the days are too short for vegetation and it's gonna get cold. You can do indoor growing.

I'm wondering how the eddibles market is going to change. I was really looking forward to having some gummies.

Edibles are gonna look weird cuz they're not allowed to look like things children would want to eat.
I think they can still look like candy, they just can't look like or imitate actual real products anymore to avoid confusion. So no more Sour Pot Kids and Weedos.

Yup, I'm afraid of this. Especially with all his police endorsements and stuff. He can easily enforce a federal crackdown and allow raids.
It's been stated more than once in this thread that that's very unlikely to happen. O'Reilly had Trump on his show and they got into an argument over it - Trump is for medicinal marijuana and thinks that how it's handled recreationally should be up to individual states.

It's like the one thing we probably don't have to worry about under a Trump presidency.

trump_marijuana%20legalization.png

Bill O’Reilly said legalized marijuana is a $1 billion industry in Colorado and claimed all the “dealers” and “pushers” are going there to “load up on it” and then “zoom around the country selling it.” He then asked Trump if it concerns him, to which Trump responded: “That’s a real problem.”

O’Reilly asked Trump what he would do about it, and Trump responded: “There is another problem. In Colorado, the book isn’t written on it yet, but there is a lot of difficulty in terms of illness and what’s going on with the brain and the mind and what it’s doing. So, you know, it’s coming out probably over the next year or so. It’s going to come out.”

O’Reilly continued to ask what Trump would do about it, and Trump responded: “I would really want to think about that one, Bill. Because in some ways I think it’s good and in other ways it’s bad. I do want to see what the medical effects are. I have to see what the medical effects are and, by the way — medical marijuana, medical? I’m in favor of it a hundred percent. But what you are talking about, perhaps not. It’s causing a lot of problems out there.

O’Reilly then called medical marijuana a “ruse,” to which Trump responded: “But I know people that have serious problems and they did that they really — it really does help them.” The O’Reilly Factor, February 12, 2016

—–

“In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. … Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.” Washington Post, October 29, 2015

—–

“I’d say [regulating marijuana] is bad. Medical marijuana is another thing, but I think it’s bad and I feel strongly about that. [Moderator: “What about the states’ right aspect of it?”] If they vote for it, they vote for it… But I think, medical marijuana, 100%.” C-SPAN, June 23, 2015

Honestly it sounds like he doesn't really care, he thinks medical is fine and recreational could be bad but he doesn't have all the facts and doesn't really give a shit to find them out so he's like "Whatever, let the states decide, it could be bad, uh, nobody has all the facts yet gotta wait and see, medical pot though I'm all about it."

Maine is a dead heat now. Still counting. Yes looks to eek through, but I'm afraid a recount will be demanded because of slim margins. Then a lawsuit, LePage meddling, etc.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Good job CA. I hope a lot of data is collected about this in regard to public health and the economy. I'm particularly interested if this cuts rates of drunk driving, how much tax revenue it brings in, what it does to prison populations, and how it affects cartel income.

geomon

I don't want to be that guy but somehow I don't think President Trump's Justice Department will be as lenient as President Obama's was against states legalization of marijuana.

Davey Cakes

I've never done drugs, and have the occasional weekend of overdrinking. Maybe 6-7 times a year, maybe.

I'm definitely going to try marijuana now that it's legal.
A common sentiment among people who "partake in weed" is that alcohol is the harder drug, believe it or not.

With more options open, you'll have the ability to customize your first time in some way. You'll likely have a choice of strains and you can set yourself up for a more controlled experience.

This is a good thing and I'm happy that Florida passed the use of medical marijuana. My mom has major epilepsy and hopefully this will help her deal with it. At least there is some good coming out of this election

A common sentiment among people who "partake in weed" is that alcohol is the harder drug, believe it or not.

Yep. I've been off weed for ~3 months now while looking for work during a hiatus, it's been fuckin hell but a few nights ago I got drunk for the first time in quite a while and I felt like total shit the next day. As far as I'm concerned weed is orders of magnitude better than alcohol. The only time I've gotten "hung over" from weed was when I tried a piece of a Black Bar and I will never, ever, ever do that again.

kaskade

I don't want to be that guy but somehow I don't think President Trump's Justice Department will be as lenient as President Obama's was against states legalization of marijuana.

in 1990 Trump said all drugs should be legal to stop the drug war, take the profits from the drug czars and the DEA was a joke. not that it means anything today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom