• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
Alright guys, we can't have more day 3s

Just shifting around from semi-suspicious person to semi-suspicious person day by day won't get us anywhere, we can't just wait for info

How would you go about it then ? There is nothing else to talk about since almost everyone stopped talking after blargs death.

Oh yeah, just remembered a question I wanted to ask you and Never Forever

Does the role block on the book have anything specific like on LoC's role (which talked about sleep).

nin1000

Banned
Summary/clarification re: the book

1. Send a short message
2. Protect someone from being targeted
3. ???
4. Vote will count twice during the next day phase
5. Erase someone from the game

You will definitely turn insane on the Night you choose to use the book. (nobody knows what turning insane means)
You may die upon using the book if certain conditions are met
You do not have to use it and it moves to someone else at the start of the next Day phase
This sums it up

ultron87

I don't think killing Nin to find out what is up with the book is a good idea. Unless he is actually a cultist, which seems unlikely given that he volunteered info about it (which has now been confirmed) and put himself on the spot, it will go pretty bad for us.

If he is a Tourist it tells us nothing. Future holders could still be cult. If he's an insane tourist (suggesting that the book is going to the pre-insane people) the Cult can get a free recruit on NeverForever tonight, which would be extremely bad.

One thing I found interesting from LoC's posts is that he had Lone_Prodigy listed as a "our best D1 choice.": http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174497937&highlight=#post174497937 That suggests to me that bussing L_P was a strategy on the Cult's minds extremely early in the game. Seems possible his reactionary posting style made the cult make the decision to cut him loose very early on as a way to give them some early credibility.

I don't think killing Nin to find out what is up with the book is a good idea. Unless he is actually a cultist, which seems unlikely given that he volunteered info about it (which has now been confirmed) and put himself on the spot, it will go pretty bad for us.

If he is a Tourist it tells us nothing. Future holders could still be cult. If he's an insane tourist (suggesting that the book is going to the pre-insane people) the Cult can get a free recruit on NeverForever tonight, which would be extremely bad.

One thing I found interesting from LoC's posts is that he had Lone_Prodigy listed as a "our best D1 choice.": http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=174497937&highlight=#post174497937 That suggests to me that bussing L_P was a strategy on the Cult's minds extremely early in the game. Seems possible his reactionary posting style made the cult make the decision to cut him loose very early on as a way to give them some early credibility.

Of course we aren't going to kill him to see what's up with the book, he doesn't have it. Never forget does. We are voting, or at least I am, because maybe we have a slight suspicion. A slight suspicion in this game is better than none. If we end up finding something of more value than maybe I'll change.

Zatoth

TheWorthyEdge 4
Flame_AC
Timeaisis
ScraftyDevil
nin1000

nin1000 3
Rats Off To Ya
TheWorthyEdge
Never Forever

Timeaisis 1
GreatCharleston

8 votes are need to end the day early

t1440788400z0.pngg

ultron87

Of course we aren't going to kill him to see what's up with the book, he doesn't have it. Never forget does. We are voting, or at least I am, because maybe we have a slight suspicion. A slight suspicion in this game is better than none. If we end up finding something of more value than maybe I'll change.

Rats has said we'd be doing it as a means of figuring something out about the pattern of the book and who it goes to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176612369&postcount=3085 I argue this would be a bad idea.

Rats has said we'd be doing it as a means of figuring something out about the pattern of the book and who it goes to: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=176612369&postcount=3085 I argue this would be a bad idea.

That's not the only reason. Yesterday I thought he'd be a fair choice, but after he claimed the book I figured it was better to look for another Cultist before testing its pattern. Now that we've "found" another Cultist I'm ready to vote for nin.

Honestly, I don't feel particularly strongly about anybody right now, and classes started this week so I haven't exactly had a lot of time or enthusiasm to dig up another suspect.

Well as of right now, after everyone was asking me what I thought and wanting to know, I'm fucked because no one who wanted to know what I thought is saying anything.

Timeaisis

I don't think nin is that suspicious, honestly, and I'm not sure lynching him will really yield any useful information for us.

If he flips town, woo, we know exactly as much as we did when we started.
If he flips mafia, then we know cult can have the book which is an assumption we already should be making.

It doesn't give us any solid leads on who to go after or anything, it just (possibly) tells us something about the book, which may or may not be all that valuable to begin with.

I don't think nin is that suspicious, honestly, and I'm not sure lynching him will really yield any useful information for us.

If he flips town, woo, we know exactly as much as we did when we started.
If he flips mafia, then we know cult can have the book which is an assumption we already should be making.

It doesn't give us any solid leads on who to go after or anything, it just (possibly) tells us something about the book, which may or may not be all that valuable to begin with.

So then who is worth voting for?

so sorry guys been sidetracked by boy problems, intended to post more + go into LoC's posts some more

can someone sum up the case against TWE for me please?

Agreed on all counts.

I think so too. Yesterday we learned that hunches just ain't reliable, so we've gotta operate based on logic rather than chickensh*t guesswork. Nin ain't a logical choice cuz he hasn't done anything suspicious and has actually helped us t' understand one'a th' most mysterious mechanics in th' game. Nothin' personal Edgy, but we need t' know where you stand.

Timeaisis

so sorry guys been sidetracked by boy problems, intended to post more + go into LoC's posts some more

can someone sum up the case against TWE for me please?

He was fairly inactive with mostly filler posts up till we started prodding him with votes. Now, he's very active but most of what he's talked about has been nin and the book. He picked nin to vote for and then continues to talk about him and question his motives on the hiding information about the book.

Part of me thinks TWE is just trying to be more active and the other part of me thinks he is trying to divert the discussion to nin and the book.

It's a tough call, but I personally think he's our best option today. I think nin is better of alive. The more people we have that have information on the book the better. If we lynched nin today, the mafia could go after Never Forever tonight and we lose our plan for confirming town based on info on the book (even though I said that is pretty unreliable, but still).

I think so too. Yesterday we learned that hunches just ain't reliable, so we've gotta operate based on logic rather than chickensh*t guesswork. Nin ain't a logical choice cuz he hasn't done anything suspicious and has actually helped us t' understand one'a th' most mysterious mechanics in th' game. Nothin' personal Edgy, but we need t' know where you stand.

Where I stand? I told you where I stand. I feel like Nin is a good vote, and therefore I'm going to vote for him regardless on what you guys think because that's my choice. I feel Nin is the strongest candidate to vote out of this game.

What logic do you have on me? The reason why the first person who voted for me did was because I wasnt vocal enough. It is rather a coincidence that when my name is brought up I started to get active so that is suspicious yes, even I agree to that, but I have said things I feel were interesting points in this game. What else do you want from me? A role claim? I'll role claim right now if you really want me too but I know it won't get us anywhere.

What I'm saying about Nin I have a strong feeling about. A feeling that I believe can be true. If you are saying that we shouldn't vote anybody based off of no logic then why vote me? I'm being serious, I'm not angry. You guys are voting me because I haven't been active, okay I get that. I haven't said anything to make me seem like a Cultist right? Oh so then you HAVE to be a Cultist right? Of course! Logic.

I can see where you guys are coming from full heartedly. Its best to vote off those that weren't saying much of anything beforehand and then when there name is brought up they become defensive. Of course that's gonna happen! If someone who is a Tourist and checked up from time to time and chimed in when they could did and then went on their way because their real life is first and then they check and their name is brought up for the vote, what are they gonna do? Fight!

The same can be said about the Cultist though but when have you actually seen a Cultist do that? Usually they are in the mid range of posters that participate in game. If I was a Cultist you bet I would be excited to play and extremely into the conversation all of the time so that I look like a Town and watch as this stuff, what's happening to me rn, goes on by. Look! The Cultist is gone in the wind YET AGAIN.

Look @ Castamere! He was great. Everyone loved him and thought he was a help. Nope. Cultist.

That's my argument. :/

I've had more posts than Hyperactivity even before I started trying to defend myself. Just saying. Why not vote him? Obviously, I don't want to vote him because I don't see much suspicion but if you're going off the logic of voting me off then odds are not in his favor either.

As I said, I've been short on time this week, so I've pretty much been skimming this thread. Thursday is my last day of classes, so now I'm trying to read things in a bit more detail. My vote for nin was based on little more than curiosity, but then I read my man Never Forever's post here. LoC made some risky plays, but I'm gonna go ahead and assume he wouldn't straight up finger one of his fellows as "leading scum." Even his "bussing" of Prodigy (if you could even call it that, considering his imminent attack on Blarg) is couched in uncertainty.

UNVOTE: nin1000

I don't think Worthy is Cult. After losing someone on the first night, and with LoC's input, I don't think a Cultist would make themselves such an easy target. LoC was a devious player and we're lucky for whatever happened last night. Finding the next and hopefully final Cultist is going to take a bit more effort than voting for an inactive.

Oh, god dammit. He says nin is "leaning scum," not "leading scum."

Ah, well. Point stands. Prodigy was the one being bussed up there. I don't think LoC is the type to leave us two solid clues in one post.

I don't think Worthy is Cult. After losing someone on the first night, and with LoC's input, I don't think a Cultist would make themselves such an easy target. LoC was a devious player and we're lucky for whatever happened last night. Finding the next and hopefully final Cultist is going to take a bit more effort than voting for an inactive.

On the other hand, Worthy's behavior has become somewhat more erratic today and could be indicative of losing his moderating voice.

Although I'm leaning Tourist on Worthy, I think he's a fine choice for today because we've fallen ass-backwards into a pretty fortuitous situation, numbers-wise. If we're still playing tomorrow, we're gonna have to start making some hard choices.

On the other hand, Worthy's behavior has become somewhat more erratic today and could be indicative of losing his moderating voice.

Although I'm leaning Tourist on Worthy, I think he's a fine choice for today because we've fallen ass-backwards into a pretty fortuitous situation, numbers-wise. If we're still playing tomorrow, we're gonna have to start making some hard choices.

More erratic? What's it supposed to be when you are about to get killed and no one is talking?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm not going to vote for you. But I also have no reason to defend you.

62d65427b67e0785a9dd3adbe3459998.gif

At this point we're basically jus' playin' chicken with th' cult. We don't have any solid leads right now, so all that's left t' do is lynch suspicious minds until we get lucky. No greater good, no just cause.

Coppa said i should use the item. I was on mobile and wanted to say.
"If i use the item , i should use it on someone who i think will kill me but it will therefore turn me insane" the :( means that i was unsure. I dont have the item anymore ans i did not use it since i was to fucking afraid.

So how did Castamere die if you didn't use the book? Also, how do we know you had it in the first place? You didn't use it because you were afraid? Wouldn't you feel great if you landed that hit? Imagine what you could've done with that? I don't believe you even had the item.

Might as well have a vote on the table at least, who wants to join in?

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

I also wouldn't mind putting some pressure on Retro or nin1000.

I've always had a bad feeling about Retro and lynching nin or NF, while they are both more then likely a tourist, it could help us establish a pattern with the item and help us identify more tourists as time goes on.

First vote on me today was based off literally nothing, and even him stating he had a bad feeling about Retro. So why not vote for him!? Jesus...if you have a thought go through with that thought. Logic at its finest right here! "Who wants to join in?" lol

Sorry for this, but I haven't seen you post really anything substantial since you've jumped in the game.

Okay fair enough. Still not exactly what you should be doing this late in the game but okay.

I don't think that nin or Retro are suspicious at all. Aside from not knowing a lady when he sees one nin's done nothing outta the ordinary, and Retro's been downright helpful in most'a our discussions. I think puttin' more pressure on TheWorthyEdge might be a good idea if we wanna get him to give us somethin' with actual substance. Borderline-inactivity says one'a two things t' me: chicken cultist who doesn't wanna incriminate themself, or bored tourist who's got nothin' t' add. Let's see what kinda hand you're keepin', Edgy.

Another vote on me to give you guys stuff with actual substance. Well I did and you still have a vote on me. Logic.

Since its a basic move. Put pressure on another player that several people find "scummy" and save yourself. Sorry but I will not fall for that Twe.
I at least tried to do something for town, you on the other hand did not much but try compare yourself to me. Not going to happen mate ;)

This. This right here is why I still have a vote on you Nin. I was the first person to even vote for you this day, because I had my own suspicions. You literally saw that I had 3 or 4 votes already and then when you saw one person vote you, ONE!, you did exactly what is highlighted. To a T. Sorry but I will not fall for that Nin.

One thing before I go, and I doubt it'll turn any heads BUT.

Whats the difference in voting out Nin today and if it didn't turn out well try and delete me from the game with the book or simply vote me off the next day because then I would "have" to be a Cultist right?

Flame_AC

Just so you know TWE, I don't have you pegged as a Cultist. I just picked your name, essentially, at random and everyone else (3 people) piled on. Your defense isn't all that amazing, but you've reaffirmed my opinion that you are town based on your posts about the book/cube/hunk-of-junk. I can't reasonably believe that you would post the way you have about it, basically not knowing much about it, when it's one of the most dangerous things to you

UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge

VOTE: ultron87

Barring anything interesting happening in the night, I think our next best move is to go after someone like Retro or Droplet. This'll probably sound odd, but much like LoC, I think one of these last Cultists is someone most everyone has pegged as Tourist for the majority of the game.

Just so you know TWE, I don't have you pegged as a Cultist. I just picked your name, essentially, at random and everyone else (3 people) piled on. Your defense isn't all that amazing, but you've reaffirmed my opinion that you are town based on your posts about the book/cube/hunk-of-junk. I can't reasonably believe that you would post the way you have about it, basically not knowing much about it, when it's one of the most dangerous things to you

UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Barring anything interesting happening in the night, I think our next best move is to go after someone like Retro or Droplet. This'll probably sound odd, but much like LoC, I think one of these last Cultists is someone most everyone has pegged as Tourist for the majority of the game.

I guess I can see the logic in that, and ultron87 is a person who, after reading every single one of his posts, I still had not gotten a read from

Just doing this to put pressure for now

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I really think TheWorthyEdge is of no real threat whatsoever and you guys are just finding someone to kill now the time and answers have ran thin for for the next day phase to give us even more answers, a lynch is a lynch and I suppose anyone will do since it's a waste of power but still, I don't think it's truly justified myself after all what he's going through now I have sorta experienced myself. nin1000 has given out some decent info so that's why I suppose he's exempt from any real forms of suspision. I'll have time to change my vote tomorrow in the final hours but for now I see no real need to switch it up. It's a bit too late and easy to throw another vote on an exposed player so easily. The mistake with Coppa taught me that much.

Two of you going for ultron87 but I'm interested - Why?

RetroMG

I accept your reasoning, and if it's my time to go, then it's my time. However, I promise you that my death will not tell you anything that you don't already know.

In light of recent events, I'm less suspicious of ultron than I have been previously, but I could see myself voting for him today. The only thing sticking out in my mind is LoC listing him as very suspicious on Day One. As I said, he also soft-bussed Prodigy in the same post, and the question I'm asking myself is whether or not he would double up on that kind of gambit. This is a classic Wine In Front Of Me situation.

I'm also considering throwing a vote at Timeaisis. He and ultron have been a bit of a pair in my eyes since the game began, because their playstyles have been so similar: low conflict, commenting mostly on gameplay mechanics, and never taking too strong a stance on anybody but Blarg. I've long thought that one of them is likely a Cultist, but not both. And then we have LoC, who was also playing along those lines, but in a considerably more visible manner. Three people, all exhibiting the same shady behavior, and one of them is a confirmed Cultist. It almost seems too obvious, but it also feels like I'm talking myself out of a good bet.

I really think TheWorthyEdge is of no real threat whatsoever and you guys are just finding someone to kill now the time and answers have ran thin for for the next day phase to give us even more answers, a lynch is a lynch and I suppose anyone will do since it's a waste of power but still, I don't think it's truly justified myself after all what he's going through now I have sorta experienced myself. nin1000 has given out some decent info so that's why I suppose he's exempt from any real forms of suspision. I'll have time to change my vote tomorrow in the final hours but for now I see no real need to switch it up. It's a bit too late and easy to throw another vote on an exposed player so easily. The mistake with Coppa taught me that much.

Two of you going for ultron87 but I'm interested - Why?

Two things

1- I'm just passing pressure around. The more posts and the more pressure everyone has, the better. Only the cult doesn't benefit from this (although at this point I bete even they would want more activity so it doesn't get too boring"

2- When I first went into the game, I had a "no read" on ultron87. After I read through every single one of his posts, it was just about the same. Ultron is one of the people I especially want to hear more from at this point

And then there's this post that Hyperactivity so helpfully pointed out:

It wasn't a life or death situation for either side. Both sides had completely valid points.

I hate that "do or die" narrative that was spun yesterday. Like only 1 side was protown.

Methinks the gentleman doth protest too much.

Something I considered when reexamining Day Two immediately after the fact. Here's the Day One vote:

Tucah (9)
Flame_AC
Fireblend
Sorian
Never Forever
Lord of Castamere
Coppanuva
RetroMG
Blargonaut
nin1000

Blargonaut (4)
Neuromancer
ultron87
Matt Attack
Timeaisis

Lone_Prodigy (2)
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl

Darryl (1)
Lone_Prodigy

And Day Two:

Blargonaut (11)
GreatCharleston
Never Forever
johnnyquicknives
ultron87
Matt Attack
Timeaisis
Coppanuva
nin1000
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
ScraftyDevil
RetroMG

Coppanuva (3)
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
Darryl

GreatCharleston (1)
Flame_AC

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo (2)
La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo
The WorthyEdge

Timeaisis (1)
Blargonaut

nin1000 (1)
Lord of Castamere

I don't think the Cultists wanted to group their votes on Day One, and there was little reason to pile on poor Tucah when we were doing such a good job of it ourselves. We know the Cultists wanted to kill Blarg on Day Two. Interestingly, LoC moved his own vote off Blarg on that fateful day, perhaps away from his compatriot(s)?

These are the people that voted for Blarg but did not vote for Tucah:

GreatCharleston
johnnyquickknives
ultron87
Timeaisis
ScraftyDevil

johnny and Scrafty replaced complete inactives, so while they're not above suspicion, they're a logical dead end in this argument. Charleston's behavior makes me believe he's a Tourist. That leaves ultron and Timeaisis. I'm less sure about anything now than I have been at any point in this game, but I think this is a thread worth pulling.

Zatoth

TheWorthyEdge 3
Timeaisis
ScraftyDevil
nin1000

ultron87 2
Flame_AC
Hyperactivity

nin1000 2
TheWorthyEdge
Never Forever

Timeaisis 1
GreatCharleston

8 votes are need to end the day early

t1440788400z0.pngg

Capitan > TheWorthyEdge
OrangeYouGlad > johnnyquicknives
OceanicAir > ScraftyDevil
Afrocious > Vylash > Hyperactivity

reading up again, I'm probably barking up the wrong tree with nin, but equally I think TWE is just so clueless about so many things and keeps pushing them that I can't imagine he has a scumpartner telling him what's what

UNVOTE: nin1000

I suppose that I could support an ultron87 lynch, I've never been able to get a vibe off him. One thing I did notice is that he did get a lot more active during Day 2, which where we were arguing about the wrong things anyway so it was impossible to get a solid read on anyone

however, looking back, he's actually linked to both LoC and L_P because he voted for LoC Day 1 and pushed him to publicly reveal the contents of Blarg's message, as well as questioning why he was defending L_P:
I don't really have qualms about anyone besides Blarg, and I'm willing to see where that goes. But lists are so hot right now.

I guess I would like Lord of Castamere to clarify what he did or didn't understand about Blarg's message. And creating very explicit ties between himself and other players (Blarg and the new players) seems kind of odd at this point.

Vote: Lord of Castamere

then the two of them have a back-and-forth:
So you want me to potentially reveal the role of another player?...

You don't have to. And it wouldn't really be you revealing it, if Blarg already has in these puzzles that I expect that Cultists will be able to solve since they can freely collaborate on them.

I'd at least like to know what you said you were lying about in regards to solutions.

What?

No, I don't think I have 100%, but I've solved enough. Explaining anymore wouldn't be good, unless everyone wants me to reveal it.

This seemed to suggest you hadn't figured it all out. Obviously you have some of it at least.

Btw voting for the person mentioned in the puzzle and not the maker of said puzzle is a dic move. Also kinda shady. Like a roundabout way to get Blargs role revealed. "No no, I don't want Blarg to reveal his role. I'm just gonna threaten you until you reveal his role."

I'm leaning towards this making him less likely to be scummy because it's a quite public exchange and it creates an explicit link between them Day 1 which I think scum would try to avoid, and I think LoC was too smart to do something quite so overt. This is more a Cultist making a scene in order to make Tourists look scummy so there are safe targets for later Day lynches to take the heat off of scumpartners if the need arises

in which case we're left with Timeaisis who I'm still unsure of

Yeah. I still think Nin could potentially be a threat but I'm liking this thought about Ultron. Not going to vote anyone yet but this could be the right choice.

UNVOTE: Nin1000

Top Bottom