• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Timeaisis

I've defended my reasoning for lynching Blarg numerous times. He was a distraction and an unknown third party. He needed to go. If we didn't lynch him on D2 he would still be the subject of conversation up till his death -- and it would've been a wholly useless conversation at that.

As for Tucah, I didn't think he was a cultist, so I didn't vote for him. Blarg was an almost sure-thing as a third party or cultist (and ended up being one), so my vote went there.

As for ultron, he has done literally nothing to be perceived as cult except post somewhat less than average and kill Blarg (how is killing Blarg scummy again?). He voted Blarg out for the same reason we all did: he thought he was dangerous and distracting. He doesn't throw his vote around like everyone else here does. If only voting for someone you have a strong reasoning for lynching is scummy, may as well kill me now as well.

As for TWE, I say he's our best option today. I stand by it and think lynching nin or ultron would be a mistake. Nin especially, as I outlined here. Also, it puts us at risk of losing our strategy for confirming town based on the book.

nin1000

Banned
Even though i have my vote on you TWE i just cant get past the feeling that you just are one hell of a Bad town player. For the sake of discussion i will take my vote down off you, just like you did.
UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge [/QUOTE]

nin1000

Banned
As we are now heading to the last couple of hours of the day i urge everyone to post their thoughts on the day. I dont know but it feels like we are at a strange part of the game.

Even though i have my vote on you TWE i just cant get past the feeling that you just are one hell of a Bad town player. For the sake of discussion i will take my vote down off you, just like you did.
UNVOTE: TheWorthyEdge
[/QUOTE]

This is how I played last game and I was town. I play exactly like I do in real life games of Mafia. Aggressive and always doing what I think. It may be a bad move but its my move and I thought it was a good idea at first. If it was YAY, I DID IT! If it wasn't...oops my fault and I will obviously not make the same mistake.

ultron87

Well I'm guess I'm kind of priced into doing this.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

All the questioning about stuff that A) we already knew and had previously discussed and B) took us back to the well worn book well rubbed me the wrong way. And I know I'm not a Cultist, so better you than me.

Whadda we do if it's a tie? Do we lynch no one or both of them?

Also, off-topic but I got this strange feelin' in my gut about tonight for some reason. I ain't chicken or nothin', but somethin's tellin' me that some bad juju is goin' down in the near future.

Sorian

Banned
Whadda we do if it's a tie? Do we lynch no one or both of them?

Also, off-topic but I got this strange feelin' in my gut about tonight for some reason. I ain't chicken or nothin', but somethin's tellin' me that some bad juju is goin' down in the near future.

A tie will automatically be a no lynch.

Well I'm guess I'm kind of priced into doing this.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

All the questioning about stuff that A) we already knew and had previously discussed and B) took us back to the well worn book well rubbed me the wrong way. And I know I'm not a Cultist, so better you than me.

Then I guess I'll have to counter, and I feel what Rats(?) brought up could be tangible. Having completely different votes and having the votes so separated makes sense for the Mafia on Day 1. Day 2 it gets harder. Also Day 1 there was literally no reason to vote BLARG that much I know so now looking at the vote counts I don't think I can trust anyone in that little group that voted Blarg the first day. Also, its alarming LoC wasn't on that list.

Looking @ Day 2 the same people stuck on Blarg even though they still shouldn't have and Lord of Castamer was again completely away from them.

So Timeasis or Ultron could be the potential threat but I have to put a vote on Ultron atm.

VOTE: Ultron87

Zatoth

TheWorthyEdge 3
ultron87
Timeaisis
ScraftyDevil

ultron87 3
Flame_AC
TheWorthyEdge
Hyperactivity

Timeaisis 1
GreatCharleston

8 votes are need to end the day early

t1440788400z0.pngg

ultron87

I'm sorry I didn't join you guys in hanging a tourist on day one or yesterday and instead voted for a neutral and a person who turned out to be cult.

Timeaisis

Then I guess I'll have to counter, and I feel what Rats(?) brought up could be tangible. Having completely different votes and having the votes so separated makes sense for the Mafia on Day 1. Day 2 it gets harder. Also Day 1 there was literally no reason to vote BLARG that much I know so now looking at the vote counts I don't think I can trust anyone in that little group that voted Blarg the first day. Also, its alarming LoC wasn't on that list.

Looking @ Day 2 the same people stuck on Blarg even though they still shouldn't have and Lord of Castamer was again completely away from them.

So Timeasis or Ultron could be the potential threat but I have to put a vote on Ultron atm.

VOTE: Ultron87
Wait...what?

Are you saying killing Blarg was a bad decision? Nobody had any idea LoC was cult at that point. You're not making any sense. Would you have preferred us to lynch another tourist on D2, then?

Zatoth

TheWorthyEdge 3
ultron87
Timeaisis
ScraftyDevil

ultron87 3
Flame_AC
TheWorthyEdge
Hyperactivity

Timeaisis 3
GreatCharleston
Rats Off To Ya
Never Forever

8 votes are need to end the day early

t1440788400z0.pngg

ultron87

Come on four people that haven't voted. Let's see where you stand so we have a little time to argue coherently about things before the day ends.

Timeaisis

Ya'll's strategy continues to elude me.

I didn't want to do this so early in the game, but I suppose I'll do a partial roleclaim now since people are confused as to where I stand.

I have a power role. It activated after Blargonaut died. I don't want to reveal what it is yet because the cultist knowing about it effectively nullifies it's effect, but suffice it to say that I've kept it secret for a reason.

I'm town. Investigate me if you want. Yes, I knew Blarg was third party since the very beginning of the game. No, I didn't know about Matt.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

I didn't want to do this so early in the game, but I suppose I'll do a partial roleclaim now since people are confused as to where I stand.

I have a power role. It activated after Blargonaut died. I don't want to reveal what it is yet because the cultist knowing about it effectively nullifies it's effect, but suffice it to say that I've kept it secret for a reason.

I'm town. Investigate me if you want. Yes, I knew Blarg was third party since the very beginning of the game. No, I didn't know about Matt.

I didn't want to break you but I knew you were something, poor choice to make a claim to it now though, I was gonna switch up my vote last second for someone else. I'll give it another hour.

nin1000

Banned

Fuck i can understand you claiming it now since you are on the chopping block but hell so late in the day. :(

Time's claim seems awfully convenient to me. Two roles dedicated to killing Blarg? And Matt didn't know his target's identity, but Time did? Something stinks.

RetroMG

I want to leave Timeaisis alive now just so we can dig more into his new roleclaim. That's probably playing into someone's hands, but whatever.

Ultron or Worthy? Hmm. I know the direction I'm leaning, but I want a little more time to consider.

ultron87

You knew Blarg was neutral from the start of the game? I find that pretty hard to believe.

That makes Matt Attack's win condition so trivial to accomplish. Now he doesn't even have to bring the heat onto Blarg or even find him because there is another player out there who already has the name and alignment and is also encouraged to kill him. Also, that makes winning for the Lovecraft role nearly impossible even if it was played by a normal player who wasn't shouting "LOOK AT ME I'M SPECIAL" the whole time.

RetroMG

BTW, I agree that Time's claim is weird, but I want to investigate it instead of lynching out of hand.

What interests me more than anything is who is voting for who.

this is soooooo fishy

but I mean, this fucking game, who knows

You knew Blarg was neutral from the start of the game? I find that pretty hard to believe.

That makes Matt Attack's win condition so trivial to accomplish. Now he doesn't even have to bring the heat onto Blarg or even find him because there is another player out there who already has the name and alignment and is also encouraged to kill him. Also, that makes winning for the Lovecraft role nearly impossible even if it was played by a normal player who wasn't shouting "LOOK AT ME I'M SPECIAL" the whole time.

Also, Blarg's role specifically mentioned that somebody who "doesn't belong" was out to get him. It said no such thing about a second hunter.

If Time is Cult, there could be a kernel of truth to this, as all the best lies have. Maybe he does have a power that activated upon Blarg's death, but it's not one we want to have around. It would also explain why Blarg was bulletproof, as it would make it impossible for the Cultists to end him in secrecy.

ultron87

BTW, I agree that Time's claim is weird, but I want to investigate it instead of lynching out of hand.

What interests me more than anything is who is voting for who.

I'd probably rather do this then kill him now. We can honestly find out a lot just based on whether he survives the night or not now that's he claimed something dangerous to the Cult. If he was a cultist I feel like he wasn't in a dire enough straight to risk this out of nowhere.

I'd probably rather do this then kill him now. We can honestly find out a lot just based on whether he survives the night or not now that's he claimed something dangerous to the Cult. If he was a cultist I feel like he wasn't in a dire enough straight to risk this out of nowhere.

Stuck in a three way tie, with two hours to go at our pace, that seems pretty dire to me.

Not really. If he was cult he'd be fine with No Lynch, so it is only a problem if the tie gets broken. If another person voted for him, sure, it'd make sense.

I think the chance of another vote going his way were far greater than the chance of a No Lynch. He could be trying to get out ahead of it.

nin1000

Banned
Since i want to have timeaisis around for another day and coin flipped against ultron.
It will have to be this way
VOTE: ultron87

The coin has spoken

Timeaisis

Time's claim seems awfully convenient to me. Two roles dedicated to killing Blarg? And Matt didn't know his target's identity, but Time did? Something stinks.

My role isn't "dedicated" to killing Blarg, it just so happens to gain power when he dies. I didn't know it was Blarg at first who activated my power, but I deduced it on D1 based on his play, as did Matt.

I made no mention of it previously because cult would have likely killed me before the power had a chance to activate.

I decided to vote Blarg for four reasons:
1. I knew he was neutral/non-town. I never knew his end goal, but I assumed, as many did, that his goal was not in line with the town. This was proven false upon his lynch, but I still stand by the logic. He was an unknown quantity.
2. He was distracting. I think we all can agree that Blarg took up the majority of discussion on D1 and D2. We weren't getting much of anywhere while he was in play, so I decided to take matters into my own hands starting the vote to lynch him. I made what I feel was a good argument against him, and people decided he was the best choice for D2. I still think he was.
3. I knew my power would activate upon his death. Obviously, it was in my best interest to out Blarg early.
4. His special ability. Finally, once Blarg revealed his special ability, it became practically a no-brainer to vote to lynch him. We were protected against a cult night kill.

after Blarg dies, as well as the Town getting a Cult-kill free night, a Town PR activates!

wow, Zatoth is generous
I wouldn't be surprised if other (possible cult) things activated as well. I realize that now.

ultron87

Whelp. Let's do this then.

(Obviously this was pre-written earlier today, in case things went bad.)

I was the one who killed Lone_Prodigy. I was the one who killed Darryl. That’s right! I am the shadow lurking in the night, the one dealing out justice one bullet at a time, the town Vigilante.

m6cphXz.gif

I scavenged two bullets from the shipwreck and am now out. I decided to use them early because I was basically operating under the same principle as “lynch day 1 and every day”. My kills had the chance to be Cult, and gave the town info. Cult kills would always be town and could rob me of my chances. So I took my first shot as soon as possible. (Somewhat selfishly I also just wanted to be sure I made a difference for good or bad. Big plays!)

I picked L_P for a few reasons. He was a reasonable suspect based on some of the arguments on Day 1, I wanted to announce my alignment to the town by hitting the “2nd place”, and it turns out I hadn’t said anything about him either way and I wanted to stay off anyone’s “potential Vigilante” list. That one worked out.

I wasn't 100% on taking a shot night 2, but the way the day went made think I needed to kill someone because the Cult wasn’t going to that night, and we didn’t want to be in the exact same information space as the previous day. Darryl was more of “good feeling about this one” thing. The way he and L_P had opposing votes on each other at the end of Day 1 and the way they violently clashed over not much during discussion felt like a manufactured “present teammates as against each other” kind of thing. (Turns out the clashing was just Darryl being himself.) He had some distracting, out of nowhere speculation about a third team. His posts during the whole Blarg thing were pretty disruptive and non-constructive. He “jokingly” claimed to be the night killer, which I clearly knew to be a lie. Definitely nothing solid, but it was the best read I had. So I took a bit of a gamble. The Larry David gif I posted on Day 3 is my actual reaction to how it turned out. Not the best, but still good.

Maybe I should’ve been less reckless, but being one and a half for two is something I’m happy with.

You’ll notice that I didn’t kill Lord of Castamere. I obviously didn’t have the option of targeting anyone last night. So that was either a switcher getting pretty lucky or his power backfiring like it mentions in his Role PM. The fact that no one else died suggests to me it was a switcher thing since we’re already down a Doctor, but no way to know for sure. It is possible their kill was replaced with a recruitment, but that seems less likely, since none of the Role PMs we’ve seen so far has said anything about “you may recruit someone instead of sacrifice them”.

So hey, go vote for someone else. I'd rather go with Worthy because his lack of awareness of things that have already been said seems off to me.

Top Bottom