• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

X26

Banned
Have been palying again recently and haven't seen anything blatant, but I'm sure there's lots of little hacks that go unnoticed :/

there's also a little exploit that allows you to go under the map near the rear entrance to grandmas house on overgrown. You can only stay on that spot though so it isnt a huge problem if you avoid that creek.

Aladuf

Banned
JB1981 said:
Wonder if IW will bother to fix now that they're hard at work on MW2

Seems likely, these were posted on IW's twitter overnight:

Doing some late night headhunting on PSN and Xbox Live. Taking down gamertags / PSN IDs exploiting the COD 4 UFO hack. (via @fourzerotwo)

I'll have an update regarding a permanent fix once we get back in the studio. (via @fourzerotwo)

ExtraKr1spy said:
there's also a little exploit that allows you to go under the map near the rear entrance to grandmas house on overgrown. You can only stay on that spot though so it isnt a huge problem if you avoid that creek.

I hope they fix that too, that's my favorite map and it is a pretty high traffic part that's effected. Doubt they will though, it's been exposed for quite a while now.

Mikey Jr.

Just a question guys.

Isn't the PS3 hack like REALLY old? I could have sworn there was a way to hack PS3 cod4 for awhile using the save file or something. This was a long time ago. Didn't keep track of it really so not sure if IW fixed it. But for the past few days, EVERYONE on my friends list is complaining about this new hack.

Is this the same hack or is this something brand new? Or did everyone just all of a sudden come out of the woodwork?

grap3fruitman said:
Is there another work-around now and people are still doing it? I haven't seen it in months.

Why else do you think the thread's last two pages have been devoted to talking about this? Read, man.

Mr. B said:
I think this is how you report people on PSN. Don't know how effective it is though, never used it before.

Cool. Thanks for the info on that guys.

Tarin02543 said:
I've just experienced a new hack. I got into a game and everybody was trapped in the gamescore list, no way to abort or exit the game.

The host was then spawning arnold schwarzenegger soundboard sounds. All you could do was freefly through the level.

We were talking about that earlier. I was in the same thing, but they were playing Benny Hill Music and Family Guy clips.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Why else do you think the thread's last two pages have been devoted to talking about this? Read, man.
I've seen no specifics mentioned that's why I asked for some, douchebag. Most of these people are complaining about the PS3 version with which I'm unfamiliar with, but a handful of people mentioned the 360 having these same hacks that were patched back in April. So I asked if there was a new workaround because these hacks were patched previously and I've seen no-one confirm anything other than in regards to the PS3 version of COD4. I would suggest that you take your own fucking advice before telling me to.

Mikey Jr. said:
Just a question guys.

Isn't the PS3 hack like REALLY old? I could have sworn there was a way to hack PS3 cod4 for awhile using the save file or something. This was a long time ago. Didn't keep track of it really so not sure if IW fixed it. But for the past few days, EVERYONE on my friends list is complaining about this new hack.

Is this the same hack or is this something brand new? Or did everyone just all of a sudden come out of the woodwork?

IW did patch an old exploit, but a new one emerged a few days ago.

Tkawsome said:
How did it blow up so quickly? Is it really easy to do or something?

It blow up so quickly because there are videos on YT which explain how to exploit this vulnerability in matter of minutes.

There were cheaters in almost every single game I played on PSN today. It's just awful.

Proc

played this game last night on pc practically all night. damn this game is incredible. the community is great too. I love the smaller player capped servers. Places like creek with 20 people is just fucking intense for sniper battles.

soultron

Banned
I love how these shits even think it's worth it.

IW fixes the game in less than a week.
MS/Sony IP bans you from their service.

What's the point?

moai

grap3fruitman said:
I've seen no specifics mentioned that's why I asked for some, douchebag. Most of these people are complaining about the PS3 version with which I'm unfamiliar with, but a handful of people mentioned the 360 having these same hacks that were patched back in April. So I asked if there was a new workaround because these hacks were patched previously and I've seen no-one confirm anything other than in regards to the PS3 version of COD4. I would suggest that you take your own fucking advice before telling me to.

but people are posting that it was happening yesterday, on 360. you could also calm down a bit.

soultron said:
I love how these shits even think it's worth it.

IW fixes the game in less than a week.
MS/Sony IP bans you from their service.

What's the point?

Not to mention they get their own team turned against them, and they don't rack up that many kills by using the hack. Of the many matches I've played with hackers, they rarely broke ten kills.

grap3fruitman said:

I (and a handful of others) posted in this thread last night that I had seen people doing it on Xbox Live.

Read, man.

Robot 492

Banned
Tkawsome said:
Not to mention they get their own team turned against them, and they don't rack up that many kills by using the hack. Of the many matches I've played with hackers, they rarely broke ten kills.
That's because most of them aren't any good to begin with.

Then for the third match I booted up a level and everyone was rank 1, the match wouldn't start, and I was in a sort of spectator mode that was stuck under the level. It was different then the normal spectator mode since there were strange numbers in the top left part of the screen. I had no clue what was going on, and everyone was shouting in their mics and playing Family Guy clips, so my questions about what was happening were being drowned out.

When the above happens, that means the host has the hack, you CANNOT be host with the hack, that is the result. everyone including yourself freezes and is stuck with a bunch of number in the left hand corner and a white dot in the middle of your screen. too bad you cant shoot people while your invincible in ufo mode.

Played the other night for the first time in 3-4 months and got destroyed. It was still fun though, but playing with randoms against teams of people will lead to getting beat down.

I play mostly Headquarters & Ground War (TDM & Domination) if anyone wants to play some games.

edit: for 360....also have PC version, but not currently installed

tomi123

From IWs twitter:

"The team is working on a patch for PS3 and Xbox 360 to address the recent exploits. I'll keep you posted on progress."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mikey Jr. said:

Scroll up/go back a few pages (if you aren't a GAF superstar rocking 100 posts per page) to my posts. AFAICS: It's the same file but modified to get past the patch (where, I dunno. It looks the same to me).

AnEternalEnigma said:
I (and a handful of others) posted in this thread last night that I had seen people doing it on Xbox Live.

Read, man.
Again, you can tell others to read but you can't do it yourself?

grap3fruitman said:

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
grap3fruitman said:
Again, you can tell others to read but you can't do it yourself?

YES, THERE IS A NEW WORKAROUND. IF IT WORKS ON THE PS3, THEN THE 360 CAN DO THE SAME.

CAPS. CRUISE. COOL.

Answer your question? Apparently the hack has made it's way to the 360 playerbase. So much for the $50 a year "gated community" MS has going on. :lol (Seen the same thing in other 360 games, so it's not like XBL is totally "hack-proof" that MS is trying to make it out to be)

RefigeKru

Banned
Can't remember what the map is called, (Road in the middle, with tanks, humvees, middle eastern setting).

I was like 22-2, and I got killed but I didn't see where from so I watched the killcam and the bastard was sitting in the tank.

Jokes on him though, turns out it's not that bullet proof.

DoomGyver

Wouldn't it be a good idea (for MW2) to make 2 game saves per account. One for the SP campaign that you can back up and one for multiplayer that's locked to the account?

Your rank is saved on the database anyways.

fourzerotwo said:
This is a new exploit.

We're currently working on a patch for PS3 and Xbox 360 that will resolve this issue. You can follow the Infinity Ward or my twitter for up to the minute updates on the patch process.

Can you tell us what is the usual time that a patch takes to be approved by Sony/MS QA?
Or can you, in this type of situations, deploy the patch immediately after it's finished?

fourzerotwo said:
This is a new exploit.

We're currently working on a patch for PS3 and Xbox 360 that will resolve this issue. You can follow the Infinity Ward or my twitter for up to the minute updates on the patch process.

Will the 360 patch have to go through the standard 2-3 week certification process or will it get escalation privileges because of what its addressing?

Az

lets hope this gets fixed quick... am tired of teamkilling my team in HC S&D because all except me try to fly around

AnEternalEnigma said:
Will the 360 patch have to go through the standard 2-3 week certification process or will it get escalation privileges because of what its addressing?
The last exploit, if you had read the thread, took just a few days to get patched with WaW being patched a day before COD4. This will probably be released in a similar timeframe.

grap3fruitman said:
The last exploit, if you had read the thread, took just a few days to get patched with WaW being patched a day before COD4. This will probably be released in a similar timeframe.

Stop being bitter.

jkanownik

AnEternalEnigma said:
Dude, scroll up 8 posts.

The text is different. The original IW Tweet didn't say "Success!" at the beginning. I don't know why you'd add "Success!" unless you had a fix done and were just working on how to implement it. You can fault me for being crazy and reading too much into it, but I wasn't lazy.

In the last week or so I've been trying to get back into this game to attempt to satisfy my MW2 hunger. I love it when I get green games, but being Australian I rarely get out of red or yellow latency.

Are there any Australians on here that play Hardcore TD on the 360? I love this game so much more than WaW, but WaW has a locale search that lets me play Australian games all day, hence my 2nd Prestige Level 30 in WaW and my level 35 in MW. Tag is Moosetwik if any Aussies want to add me up.

soultron

Banned
Neverender said:
WaW has a locale search that lets me play Australian games all day, hence my 2nd Prestige Level 30 in WaW and my level 35 in MW. Tag is Moosetwik if any Aussies want to add me up.
One of my favourite features in W@W, believe it or not. Really hope it makes it into MW2. I'd like the option if I constantly get laggy games. It rarely happens in MW, but I'd like the option for MW2.

soultron said:
One of my favourite features in W@W, believe it or not. Really hope it makes it into MW2. I'd like the option if I constantly get laggy games. It rarely happens in MW, but I'd like the option for MW2.
Yeah, I thought this was great feature. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't put it in MW2.

Yeah, in all honesty, if MW2 doesn't have it, I'll likely trade it in after I'm done with the campaign. I can get green Aussie games at any time of the day in WaW but in MW I have to join a game, check my connection, and usually quit until I find a green game.

soultron

Banned
buy teh haloz said:
Yeah, I thought this was great feature. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't put it in MW2.
It might unintentionally segment the player base. It's like how Party Chat on XBL was intended to have a positive impact, but has turned XBL into a silent wasteland. (Hey, at least you don't have to listen to prepubescent little shits in your M-rated games anymore!)

That's really the only justification I can see for skipping on the feature.

Bleh, just came across some asshole in HC Search and Destroy modding, flying around the map and clipping through walls. He was on my team, it was annoying as fuck. He wasn't even helping or doing anything, just floating around.

Magik

It seems the amount of modders have increased quite a bit in the last day or so on the 360. Before Friday I didn't come across any modders but by Sunday I was coming across them very often.

Hopefully reporting them as "Tampering" will do something.

F#A#Oo

Banned
It would be a massive joke if these modders were not banned from PSN/XBL...

I sometimes wonder if there is anyone on the other side when we put in a complaints over PSN/XBL...

BlinkGT

fourzerotwo said:
This is a new exploit.

Thanks.

By the way, can you add temporary respawn invicibility in this patch, please ? :eek:
So many idiots are ruining the game with spawn TKs in hardcore modes. If this is not fix in MW2, I (and lots of other players) won't buy the game or won't stay in, for sure. I will feel really bad, but i won't.

F#A#Oo

Banned
BlinkGT said:
Thanks.

By the way, can you add temporary respawn invicibility in this patch, please ? :eek:
So many idiots are ruining the game with spawn TKs in hardcore modes. If this is not fix in MW2, I (and lots of other players) won't buy the game or won't stay in, for sure. I will feel really bad, but i won't.

What? Do you think that threatening Infinity Ward is the way forward?:D

You might as well set-up an online petition...it willhave the same effect but atleast you will feel ever so briefly that you have the power to make change...

F#A#Oo said:
What? Do you think that threatening Infinity Ward is the way forward?:D

You might as well set-up an online petition...it willhave the same effect but atleast you will feel ever so briefly that you have the power to make change...

Nothing wrong with requesting features. Although I agree the either do this or I won't buy card is so silly I always just ignore it. There are a million other gamers ready to take your place.

Don't really want a spawn invincibility timer in MW2. There are other ways to fix that problem. Like booting team killers, better spawning, or even that ricochet playlist what we almost got.

ZeroRay

I think it's too late for IW to change gameplay aspects with this patch but I wouldn't mind if they included a surprise combo of trophies/rumble. :D

Top Bottom