• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

ZeroRay said:
I think it's too late for IW to change gameplay aspects with this patch but I wouldn't mind if they included a surprise combo of trophies/rumble. :D

I was more speaking to improvements for MW 2 but yes you are correct in that the only thing COD 4 will be receiving is patches to fix security and hacking exploits.

ZeroRay

Stoney Mason said:
I was more speaking to improvements for MW 2 but yes you are correct in that the only thing COD 4 will be receiving is patches to fix security and hacking exploits.

Hopefully for the PS3 version of MW2 they split the SP and MP save files separately and make the MP one uncopyable. It's a pain in the ass that I can't back up my save file in KZ2 but I understand why they did it and I feel IW will do the same thing with this patch. That is, make sure the save file cannot be copied anymore.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
Nothing wrong with requesting features. Although I agree the either do this or I won't buy card is so silly I always just ignore it. There are a million other gamers ready to take your place.

Don't really want a spawn invincibility timer in MW2. There are other ways to fix that problem. Like booting team killers, better spawning, or even that ricochet playlist what we almost got.

Respawning in CoD4 can be an issue but for the most part isn't that bad.

I mostly play S&D though so I'm not someone with a strong feeling towards the need to improve respawning but from personal experience it seems fine in general.

I tend to treat my respawning very much as if I'm on Shipment so always being prepared for the odd person I run into when I respawn.

F#A#Oo said:
Respawning in CoD4 can be an issue but for the most part isn't that bad.

I mostly play S&D though so I'm not someone with a strong feeling towards the need to improve respawning but from personal experience it seems fine in general.

I tend to treat my respawning very much as if I'm on Shipment so always being prepared for the odd person I run into when I respawn.

I also think it's fairly decent in COD 4. There are some maps that are worse and I don't play S&D so I can't coment on that.

I hope MW 2 implements robust team management features. Not being able to kick players on your team for being annoying or team killing is lame. While it wasn't a good multiplayer game FarCry 2 had nice team voting features.

When you play Headquarters your team starts out kind of spead out from each other....Im not sure but I think this is the only mode that does this. TDM and Domination starts you out all clustered together so you get those idiots who like to whip out their RPG and team kill people in the hardcore modes....I always liked the way you start each map in Headquarters.

brandumpling said:
When you play Headquarters your team starts out kind of spead out from each other....Im not sure but I think this is the only mode that does this. TDM and Domination starts you out all clustered together so you get those idiots who like to whip out their RPG and team kill people in the hardcore modes....I always liked the way you start each map in Headquarters.

World at War auto-kicks a player after 3 TK's. Simple and effective. Why they couldn't just patch that into COD4? It's beyond me.

btw: if any of you guys wanna play some Headquarters hit me up:

psn:uscrules1208

Live GT: brando277

haven't played COD4 in a few weeks cause I finally got 10th prestige and I needed a break and also because BF 1943 is a badass game but Im definately going to get back into it as Nov. approaches.

There is a new patch on the way to deal with the glitchers.....maybe they will patch something like that into the game now. better late than never :lol

BlinkGT

F#A#Oo said:
What? Do you think that threatening Infinity Ward is the way forward?:D

You might as well set-up an online petition...it willhave the same effect but atleast you will feel ever so briefly that you have the power to make change...
No i'm not threatening them, i really know they don't care about that, i'm joking. I just wanna say that a lot of players want IW to fix this respawn TKs problem.

Booting team killers like in WaW would be great, i just want to be able to PLAY (i'm paying twice for this, don't remember) when i am in hardcore modes, i don't care about how they can fix this. They didn't do it for CoD4, i really hope they will do for MW2. It's so important, i can't think they have not (or scheduled to) fixed this problem.

I'm confident with IW, and sure they will release one of a fucking awesome game. Can't wait.

There is no doubt MW 2 needs better team management features over COD 4.

That includes things like auto kicking for an excessive number of team kills.
Ability to vote somebody out of the game who is being a griefer in general.
Maybe that ricochet playlist added.

soultron

Banned
Dax01 said:
You're right. Sorry. Must've been thinking of another game.
I don't know what it's like on PS3, but on 360 you bring up the scoreboard and then high light the name with the +pad and then hit a button. Pretty efficient if you ask me.

EDIT: You never have to mute anyone these days anyhow since everyone's in Party Chat. I swear that turned out to be an ugly feature. As much as I love using it, it turns every game into a private chatroom, thus allowing no outside team coordination.

soultron said:
I don't know what it's like on PS3, but on 360 you bring up the scoreboard and then high light the name with the +pad and then hit a button. Pretty efficient if you ask me.

It's the same on PS3. Highlight the name with DPAD and then hit X.

Prestige was a gimmick but I put in the play time anyways so it wasn't like it hurt me or my online play.....Yeah you loose all the unlocks, but I was an MP5 whore anyways so I was set from the beginning.....hopefully IW will add some small incentives for entering prestige mode this time around.

MP5-silenced

x3 Stun
UAV jammer
deep impact

=Dominate

I hate to say this and sound like a nood, but when you play Headquarters using mayrterdom (dont know if Im spelling correctly) actually is a good tactic. If I know a team has a couple guys in the process of capture the headquarter Ill rush in and usually die, but use the mayrerdom to clear out room in the process....ive done this countless times. Or, on the fly side If im the only one capturing and some dudes rush in and are able to take me out, but my dropped live grenade usually takes them out....so I think mayrterdom does has some tactical use.

Extreme conditioning is good for HQ's also since the guys in COD4 can only take 10 steps and be out of breath :lol

brandumpling said:
I hate to say this and sound like a nood, but when you play Headquarters using mayrterdom (dont know if Im spelling correctly) actually is a good tactic. If I know a team has a couple guys in the process of capture the headquarter Ill rush in and usually die, but use the mayrerdom to clear out room in the process....ive done this countless times. Or, on the fly side If im the only one capturing and some dudes rush in and are able to take me out, but my dropped live grenade usually takes them out....so I think mayrterdom does has some tactical use.

Extreme conditioning is good for HQ's also since the guys in COD4 can only take 10 steps and be out of breath :lol

While I generally don't have a problem with Martyrdom (as long as its implemented a bit better) my issue is I don't like it being in certain modes because it changes the dynamic of how they play.

RefigeKru

Banned
brandumpling said:
steady aim is useless cause aiming from the hip is already very easy....just my opinion but it feels like a waste of a perk.

My SMG class is Bomb Squad, UAV Jammer and Steady aim with a Silenced MP5.

I would have never thought about using steady aim but when you get caught out from your stealthing it makes aiming from the hip so much more accurate. Sometimes I don't even aim down the sights using it when I get close enough.

Personally I'll never use deep impact unless it's with a sniper rifle or the RPD. Speaking of which, RPD+Grip = Instant win.

To me, nothing in COD4 seemed really really cheap.....e.g. KZ2 rocket whores or COD WAW bouncing betty's. Some people complained about the P90 and the M-16 being noob guns they weren't that bad to me. Sure people flock to the easy guns like these, but in COD 4 you can get good at any of guns or perks....ive seen people dominate with shottys and with the semi-auto guns like the G3. And the most of the perks are useful if you take time to get proficent with them....like not alot of people use the smoke grenades, but they can be REALLY effective if you place them in the right place also C4 is useful if you use it right.

Magik

brandumpling said:
To me, nothing in COD4 seemed really really cheap.....e.g. KZ2 rocket whores or COD WAW bouncing betty's. Some people complained about the P90 and the M-16 being noob guns they weren't that bad to me. Sure people flock to the easy guns like these, but in COD 4 you can get good at any of guns or perks....ive seen people dominate with shottys and with the semi-auto guns like the G3. And the most of the perks are useful if you take time to get proficent with them....like not alot of people use the smoke grenades, but they can be REALLY effective if you place them in the right place also C4 is useful if you use it right.

I agree.

One of the best things about CoD4 is every weapon can be countered in one way or another.

M16 users can be easily countered by forcing them into close quarters or using guns that have a consistent fire rate to take advantage of the time between M16 shots.

brandumpling said:

I do that as well. :lol

It really is a good technique to clear out rooms till your teammates catch up.

yeah I love when I come across some dude with an M-16 in some close-quarter room and I got my trusty MP5....he would have better luck just turning around and running away :lol

Eric WK

If an M-16 user is good, they're not at much of a disadvantage in close quarters. Assuming they have stopping power and the other person doesn't have Jugg, it only takes one burst. The problem with the M-16 is that it's amazing in every situation - sniper range, medium range, short range. I can't really blame anyone for using it.

But it's not so overpowered that it can't be stopped. Any gun that you decide you want to be good with, you can be good with.

On the topic of the hacks, it appears some swift action is taking place against the offenders. I got a message on Xbox Live last night from someone claiming he'll tell people how to do it. A few hours later the Gamertag didn't exist.

If feel that way about the MP5....it's a monster in close-quarters, and even when silenced medium range is still pretty effective. I think i mostly comes down to play style... i like MP5 cause i like to get right into the thick of things....M-16 you have to somewhat stay at that medium range and try not to get to close.

Eric WK

Rapping Granny said:
Hey IW, could you patch in better teamates for me?

Lost 4 matches in a row where my teamates barely did anything.

Are you playing on Live? Shoot me a friend request: Eric WK.

Nizz

brandumpling said:
steady aim is useless cause aiming from the hip is already very easy....just my opinion but it feels like a waste of a perk.
I use it with my shotgun class. One perk I hardly use is Sonic Boom. That perk is probably pretty deadly with 3x grenades or C4 perks.

I love catching people with the C4 perk. Once on Crash some guy was chasing me inside the tall building by the downed chopper. I entered through the chopper side up the flight of stairs, turned around quick, dropped a C4 and kept running. Then I hit the switch. Boom: +10 :D

Sleight of Hand with the shotgun is a blessing for me, since reloading them's not as quick as a sub-machine gun or assault rifle imo.

So after about a couple of months I decided to play CoD4 today. There was something I had forgotten that was a problem.

I'm hoping for better weapon balance in the sequel. The AK-47, P90, and M16 are pretty overpowered or at least have an unfair advantage.

Loxley

Initially I played CoD4 on the 360, but I have since migrated to the PC version (new GPU arriving tomorrow so I can finally play it with all the bells and whistles cranked to "awesome"). It's a bit amusing to see the different preferred weapons between the platforms. On the consoles, the M16 & P90 are generally the most common weapons (aside from your standard red-dot MP5) but on the PC side, the AK-47 is far and away the favorite assault rifle. Because there's no aim-assist, you're almost gimping yourself by using the M-16 due to it's burst-fire.

Many more players on the PC side have also appeared to have realized that the AK-74U is one motherfucker of an SMG with no attachments. After almost every game someone makes some snarky comment in the chat towards anyone who used the "overpowered AK-74U".

Although I wouldn't necessarily consider the PC version to be superior, partially due to the map size-player ratios. It's clear that CoD4's maps were designed with the player cap on consoles in mind. On the PC-side, where you can have dozens of players on each map, it's just a cluster-fuck of grenades and martyrdoms, particularly on the smaller maps; amplified by the fact that you can have 20-something players per-team.

Although I never join games that large, and really don't see how anyone could and enjoy it.

soultron

Banned
Dax01 said:
So after about a couple of months I decided to play CoD4 today. There was something I had forgotten that was a problem.

I'm hoping for better weapon balance in the sequel. The AK-47, P90, and M16 are pretty overpowered or at least have an unfair advantage.
The M16A4 is supposed to be an accurate gun since it is limited to three-round burst. The downside is that it doesn't perform well in CQB.

The AK-47 is exactly as powerful as the M16, but recoil is increased due to its fullauto fire rate.

The P90 makes up for its damage (it and the uzi are the weakest SMGs) with its firerate.

There's really no problem with the balance of these guns. They're all great, and two of them happen to be unlocked from the very beginning. My first Prestige had me using nothing but the M16A4.

COD4Central is a great website for stats, guides, and whatnot. I learn stuff from that site every time I log on, pretty much.

TheExodu5

Banned
Loxley said:
Initially I played CoD4 on the 360, but I have since migrated to the PC version (new GPU arriving tomorrow so I can finally play it with all the bells and whistles cranked to "awesome"). It's a bit amusing to see the different preferred weapons between the platforms. On the consoles, the M16 & P90 are generally the most common weapons (aside from your standard red-dot MP5) but on the PC side, the AK-47 is far and away the favorite assault rifle. Because there's no aim-assist, you're almost gimping yourself by using the M-16 due to it's burst-fire.

Many more players on the PC side have also appeared to have realized that the AK-74U is one motherfucker of an SMG with no attachments. After almost every game someone makes some snarky comment in the chat towards anyone who used the "overpowered AK-74U".

Although I wouldn't necessarily consider the PC version to be superior, partially due to the map size-player ratios. It's clear that CoD4's maps were designed with the player cap on consoles in mind. On the PC-side, where you can have dozens of players on each map, it's just a cluster-fuck of grenades and martyrdoms, particularly on the smaller maps; amplified by the fact that you can have 20-something players per-team.

Although I never join games that large, and really don't see how anyone could and enjoy it.

Yeah...I guess the fact that I play the PC version is why I never considered the M-16 overpowered. I'm more of an M4 user myself. I love a silenced M4 in hardcore.

Speaking of which, give this a try: find a hardcore server that bans blind grenades, grenade launchers, and martyrdom. Makes the game play beautifully well, IMO. :D

Rayme

I know that adding PS3 Trophy & PS3 Rumble to CoD4 sounds like a small thing, and in concept it certainly is. Look at the API docs and yes, seems straightforward. Etc.

But dev-wise, it would be a huge deal, and extremely risky.

TheExodu5 said:
Speaking of which, give this a try: find a hardcore server that bans blind grenades, grenade launchers, and martyrdom. Makes the game play beautifully well, IMO. :D

I exclusively play on servers that ban these things. They're frequently called 'tactical' servers, and also require players to move only while crouched or while peering down iron sites. They are a little camper heavy, but there's practically no chaos.

Eric WK

MrCompletely said:
I exclusively play on servers that ban these things. They're frequently called 'tactical' servers, and also require players to move only while crouched or while peering down iron sites. They are a little camper heavy, but there's practically no chaos.

You'd probably be really into that snail simulator EA is releasing this October.

M_A_C

soultron said:

EDIT: You never have to mute anyone these days anyhow since everyone's in Party Chat. I swear that turned out to be an ugly feature. As much as I love using it, it turns every game into a private chatroom, thus allowing no outside team coordination.

That is one really cool thing about Steam. You can private chat with someone, and then press a button to speak to the whole team.

Insaniac

One thing i really liked in WaW was that people you were partied with showed up with blue names, making it really easy to find them.

kuYuri

Insaniac said:
One thing i really liked in WaW was that people you were partied with showed up with blue names, making it really easy to find them.

Yeah, the squad system. I think it needed some work, but it was a cool idea. It allowed people, especially randoms, who got together in a squad to stay in the same team for the next match and some other useful features. For example, in Headquarters, a separate announcer let's you know when a member of your squad is capturing the HQ so you know to back them up.

Sleeker

I havent played 360 in months, since ive gotten into PC gaming and I've been KB/M'ing games like Crysis.

So today I felt like playing COD4 remembering the fun i used to have and - HOLY SHIT-
playing with the controller felt so weird.

Aiming was impossible as I flailed the crosshairs all over the screen.
I used to be good at sniping but my aim was so bad that all I did was draw attention to myself.

MrCompletely said:
World at War auto-kicks a player after 3 TK's. Simple and effective. Why they couldn't just patch that into COD4? It's beyond me.

Not if they are the host in W@W, then they can team kill all they want.

Top Bottom