• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

beerbelly

Banned
mysticstylez said:
I hate to compare COD4's multi to Halo 3's, but IW knocked Bungie in the pants as far as rewards go. So many different things to unlock and customize your character and weapons with. The XP bar at the bottom is addicting too, seeing it go up with every kill just begs you to keep playing.

Infinity Ward has developed two next gen titles so far too. Bungie only 1. IW's team is definitely extremely skilled.

JB1981

hrrmmm .. i have my suspicions that the ps3 version might not even be running in proper hd

but i have no way of proving it. just my eyes

h3ro

JB1981 said:
hrrmmm .. i have my suspicions that the ps3 version might not even be running in proper hd

Are you saying the PS3 version is in 640p? Any reason for the hunch? you could count pixels if you really wanted to be famous and be quoted on every gaming blog in the world, since GAF->Interwebs->GAF

Calen, could you please set this straight, it sounds more official coming from you...

Synless

JB1981 said:

Somebody needs to get on this cause you seem to be the only one downplaying the ps3 version so far.......we need more opinions.

beerbelly

Banned
JB1981 said:

Oh dear, where's Phoenix Down when you need him. We need his proof.

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
Ragnarok10 said:
Want your guys opinion: Getting the PS3 version and I'm wondering if I should select the 1080p output (let the PS3 scale) or select the 720p output (let my TV scale)? I've got a 1080p Sammy DLP.

Try both and see which your eyes like better. Win-win situation.

Ashhong

ElyrionX said:
That's right. No co-op for the main campaign. Or at least I couldn't find it when I wanted to.

Boo :( seems like a perfect addition

So then, can someone make a quick list of all the offline multiplayer options?

Is it just 2-4 player split-screen matches?

Stantron

Details on the CE 360 version from member TV_Casualty of the charlieoscardelta forum (reg req):

It's a great deal.

(Un)lucky for me, my Xbox360 got a RRoD just a few days ago, so now I get the joy of staring at my game disc while I'm waiting for my lame-wad 360 to get unfucked. But, fortunately... I have had time to check out the bonus features. The LE comes with:

1. Hardcover Art Book - Too be honest, the quality (of the book, not the art) was a little disappointing; it's nothing that you can't find on this website. However, it's a great little ornament for your coffee table! And, if you haven't seen the content already, it is quite interesting.

2. Bonus DVD - Packed with content. A great value. Contains:

Trailer 1 (Reveal)
Trailer 2 (E3 2007)
Trailer 3 (Perks)
SP Walkthrough/Dev Commentary - "Crew Expendable"
Behind the Scenes - Research
BtS - Technology
BtS - Story
BtS - Multiplayer
Great SAS Missions (7-part miniseries detailing the SAS, each episode is about 20 minutes long. Great if you're into the History Channel, like me.)

3. CoD4 game
- in a regular box.

The whole thing comes in a shiny cardboard box. Not quite as cool as a tin box, but still neat to show off.

Stantron said:
Details on the CE 360 version from member TV_Casualty of the charlieoscardelta forum (reg req):
Niiice. My Gamestop had a poster up saying you get that stuff even if you preorder the PS3 version, so I did. :D I was't going to preorder it until I saw that poster.

To someone who has finished the game on Normal or Hardened:

Is
the extra post-credits mission available for you too?
I beat the game on Veteran, and I wondering if it's a special or not. It's nigh impossible.

LukeSmith

Cerebral Palsy said:
Oh man, can't wait until the morning to get my copy!!! Another multiplatform AAA blockbuster.

You're my favorite joke poster.

If someone got theirs in Seattle area already (and it doesn't require some pre-order from some crappy B&M) PM me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ken Masters said:
hopefully the comparison pics start to pop up tomorrow
Ooooh shit.

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
jjasper said:

I hesitate to even respond to this, but there are those of us that actually have both PS3 and 360 AND want the most for our money. It's not all about system wars or whatever

Mojovonio

Banned
tinfoilhatman said:
I hesitate to even respond to this, but there are those of us that actually have both PS3 and 360 AND want the most for our money. It's not all about system wars or whatever

Then you're in the wrong fucking forum, my friend.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Ken Masters said:
hopefully the comparison pics start to pop up tomorrow

This is one comparison I really don't want. IW has worked so hard to create an almost equal experience on both platforms, and have repeatedly said that some screens may look better than others on each platform, but that both have a near-flawless sheen. To waste time nitpicking on a certain shadow when the team worked so hard to create a blockbuster game on both systems is stupid, pointless and somewhat disrespectful on what the team has accomplished.

I'm not saying that as a blanket argument; I'm curious to see some Assassin's Creed comparisons. But when people who have the game on both systems praise the graphics, and the devs themselves come in to reaffirm that everyone is getting the awesome COD experience (an incredible task given the simutanious ship date, holiday deadline pressures and complex PS3 development), there comes a time when a comparison just isn't necessary.

May the gaming gods bless IW for their dedication and hard work. I believe this is the first true multiplatform blockbuster title that delivers on all levels on all platforms...tomorrow will be a great day indeed.

jjasper

tinfoilhatman said:

90% of this and every COD4 thread has been about system war bullshit.

h3ro

tinfoilhatman said:

buddy, its always about the system warz... thisisneogafdude.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
tinfoilhatman said:
There is no compromise in either version. DO NOT let things cloud that fact.

the_id

chubigans said:
This is one comparison I really don't want. IW has worked so hard to create an almost equal experience on both platforms, and have repeatedly said that some screens may look better than others on each platform, but that both have a near-flawless sheen. To waste time nitpicking on a certain shadow when the team worked so hard to create a blockbuster game on both systems is stupid, pointless and somewhat disrespectful on what the team has accomplished.

I'm not saying that as a blanket argument; I'm curious to see some Assassin's Creed comparisons. But when people who have the game on both systems praise the graphics, and the devs themselves come in to reaffirm that everyone is getting the awesome COD experience (an incredible task given the simutanious ship date, holiday deadline pressures and complex PS3 development), there comes a time when a comparison just isn't necessary.

May the gaming gods bless IW for their dedication and hard work. I believe this is the first true multiplatform blockbuster title that delivers on all levels on all platforms...tomorrow will be a great day indeed.

QFT. BAN those who do comparisons!!!!

LiquidMetal14

chubigans said:

God bless your soul.

Mojovonio

Banned
Though it would have been cool to have a site like Guitarhero.com that tracks stats across all platforms.

So you could be in a clan whether you had the 360 version or PS3.

the_id

Mojovonio said:
On this forum?

There'd be like 50 people left and EL wouldn't get money for ads viewed.

Hehehe. True. And I'll probably miss the meltdowns.

But for arguments sake, doing comparisons for a game like this for the full intent and puprose of trying to prove X console >>>>> Y console is pointless. Whatever differences there are, it will probably be minor and would only appear when one knit-picks the hell out of the different versions of the game. IW did their best in trying to make all versions equal. There are no major differences. Don't make comparison pics! There is nothing to prove!

tinfoilhatman said:

yeah, simple reasoning but seems like people can't grasp that some gamers actually own more then one console

tinfoilhatman

LiquidMetal14 said:
There is no compromise in either version. DO NOT let things cloud that fact.

Understood and agreed whole heartedly, unfortunetly that doens't make the wait any easier.

What I don't agree with is those complaining about comparisons, I have no problem with people bitching about system wars because there mostly a waste of time anyways but I think it's wrong to tell people not to compare both versions(of ANY product or purchase) even down the most minute detail to determine which platform(ie Product) provides the 2nd best experience behind a 2000$ PC.

LiquidMetal14

Ken Masters said:
yeah, simple reasoning but seems like people can't grasp that some gamers actually own more then one console
You WILL NOT feel like you compromised buying either version. This has been echoed by the devs themselves. Trust me when I say that both are a work of art.

Phoenix

I'm still trying to decide between the PS3 and PC versions because I would rather play a FPS with keyboard/mouse - but shit I don't want to go out and buy a $300 video card just to make this game look good.

Mojovonio

Banned
tinfoilhatman said:
Understood and agreed whole heartedly, unfortunetly that doens't make the wait any easier.

What I don't agree with is those complaining about comparisons, I have no problem with people bitching about system wars because it's mostly a waste of time anyways but I think it's wrong to tell people not to compare both versions(of ANY product or purchase) even down the most minute detail to determine which platform provides the 2nd best experience behind a 2000$ PC.

Look, if you do a comparison, even just to point out the minor differences, not even advantages, this forum will blow up.

This game HAS to be better on one or the other, otherwise, what's the point of system wars?

Phoenix said:
I'm still trying to decide between the PS3 and PC versions because I would rather play a FPS with keyboard/mouse - but shit I don't want to go out and buy a $300 video card just to make this game look good.

My sentiment exactly. Its not worth upgrading PC parts at this point.

h3ro

I fail to see how getting the most out of your money means that having a slight pixelated texture on a building fifty miles away makes on version inferior to another...

It'd be one thing if one version was missing features the other had, but thats not the case with this game (for once, a PS3 title didn't get short changed)

Both versions of the game play amazingly, look and sound great, have the same robust MP options.. its a no-lose situation with either...

tinfoilhatman

Mojovonio said:
Look, if you do a comparison, even just to point out the minor differences, not even advantages, this forum will blow up.

This game HAS to be better on one or the other, otherwise, what's the point of system wars?

Idealy the comparisons will show the diff is so small that it will be old\dead news 48 hours from now.

h3ro said:
I fail to see how getting the most out of your money means that having a slight pixelated texture on a building fifty miles away makes on version inferior to another...

You don't know how much we wasted uuuhhh I mean invested on TV's

"OMG!! A low res texture!! Game am fail!!!"

Dude, it's gotten pretty bad to the point of something like a nipple hair not being rendered in one version versus another will start a battle.

LiquidMetal14 said:
You WILL NOT feel like you compromised buying either version. This has been echoed by the devs themselves. Trust me when I say that both are a work of art.

what version will you be getting?

do you have a choice even?

the_id

HomerSimpson-Man said:
"OMG!! A low res texture!! Game am fail!!!"

Dude, it's gotten pretty bad to the point of something like a nipple hair not being rendered in one version versus another will start a battle.

The knit-picking is ridiculous...GAF filled with perfectionist OCDs.

LiquidMetal14

Ken Masters said:
what version will you be getting?
My PC runs this at about 20 FPS, otherwise I would seriously get that one. I only have a PS3 so that is the one for me. Not that I feel like I'm losing or anything. I'm super giddy with excitement.

Top Bottom