• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

How many people have the game already? It seems like most places aren't getting any copies till tomorrow. Gamestop is the only store that received anything today, that I'm aware of, and all of their copies are reserved.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I wasn't planning on picking this fucker up, but after seeing some of the footage and pictures of that sweet, sweet mustache, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and pick it up tomorrow. I gots cash to burn.

soco

i was really holding out hope that this would be the first game that looked pretty identical on both systems so we could start a new trend of not having comparison threads. oh what a dream world.

h3ro

h3ro said:
Hmm... Gamezone gave the PS3 and 360 different scores, with the PS3 version getting 9.7 in graphics and the 360 getting a 9.5.

PS3:
http://ps3.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32387.htm

360:
http://xbox360.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r32387.htm

SEE!! I started the system warz... ME!!! It was all part of my plan!!!

Not really, I just figured everyone would want easy access to the review site so they could call its credibility into question and rip it a new one...

and it begins in 5... 4....3...

I just made a stunning discovery, apparently Call of Duty 4 has some sort of Single Player game as a bonus to the fantastic multiplayer, why is this the first time im hearing about it

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Azsori said:
Fixed.

What are the chances I will be able to pick it up tonight at a 24hr Walmart, East Coast USA?
I;m working on the answer right now. The ad says the 7th but the guy at the Walmart can't guarantee me that it is correct. He says he's got a pile of boxes on an L-cart with no invoice. You think they would know what product they would have to put out tonight but it is like they don't really know what they're getting unless it's a movie release. Let me know what you come up with.

h3ro

soco said:
i was really holding out hope that this would be the first game that looked pretty identical on both systems so we could start a new trend of not having comparison threads. oh what a dream world.

Dude, you could give GAF a left and right shoe and their would be a 100 page comparison thread...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
soco said:

People would fight over the box art.

"The PS3 case is so refined. The 360 version is trash."

"Whatever, dude. Look at the fuckin' explosion on the 360 case. Ownage."

Mojovonio

Banned
urk said:
People would fight over the box art.

"The PS3 case is so refined. The 360 version is trash."

"Whatever, dude. Look at the fuckin' explosion on the 360 case. Ownage."

Hasn't that already happened?

Synless

h3ro said:

Not really, I just figured everyone would want easy access to the review site so they could call its credibility into question and rip it a new one...

I edited it to throwing the second stone, lol so your still first buddy, your not getting out any easier than I. :lol

soco

h3ro said:

well i'm sure it's been pointed out, but the reviews weren't done by the same person...

gray_fox224

h3ro said:

...jesus

Synless

LiquidMetal14 said:
I;m working on the answer right now. The ad says the 7th but the guy at the Walmart can't guarantee me that it is correct. He says he's got a pile of boxes on an L-cart with no invoice. You think they would know what product they would have to put out tonight but it is like they don't really know what they're getting unless it's a movie release. Let me know what you come up with.

Mine said if it comes out tomorrow then I get it tonight, so we'll see if they have it and lie to me god help them, lol

soco

h3ro said:
Dude, you could give GAF a left and right shoe and their would be a 100 page comparison thread...

sure but there'd at least be a reasonable chance the mods would get pissed and lay the new banhammer down. (where has bishoptl been? is he that busy polishing his game?)

Y2Kev said:
wait the ps3 game doesnt have a nipple hair?

My bad, I should clarify, the X360 version uses advance nipple shaders to normal map soldier's detailed hairs around the nipples while IW borked the PS3 version with a simple low resolution tit hair texture map.

It's all very complex but fascinating technical talk.

Mojovonio

Banned
urk said:
It's usually PAL versus North America.

I remember a thread, maybe a monthly boxart thread...

oh well.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
My bad, I should clarify, the X360 version uses advance nipple shaders to normal map soldier's detailed hairs around the nipples while IW borked the PS3 version with a simple low resolution tit hair texture map.

On the PS3 version, there is normal mapped dirt under the finger nails.

Got past the TV station. I said, "Fuck this...im a goddamn Marine!" I used up all my flashbangs so i got the advantage around the smaller rooms and used the shotty that I picked up.

h3ro

soco said:
well i'm sure it's been pointed out, but the reviews weren't done by the same person...

Yeah I saw that too before I posted them, but I figured GAF would turn a blind eye in all its rage over a tenth...

Come on guys, all this comparison stuff is fun when it comes to making stupid fun comments on GAF, but in the big picture its pretty pointless, just enjoy the game...

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
HomerSimpson-Man said:

Xenos...nuff said.

LiquidMetal14

Synless said:
Mine said if it comes out tomorrow then I get it tonight, so we'll see if they have it and lie to me god help them, lol
The Meijer ad says no later than 5pm tomorrow and their clerks don't know anything. Called them and they said normally they only get big releases...........yeaaaaaaaaa......

h3ro said:

Well if they are going to do that, shouldn't they put some comparison shots?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
HomerSimpson-Man said:

You can't teach tits.

Synless

LiquidMetal14 said:
The Meijer ad says no later than 5pm tomorrow and their clerks don't know anything. Called them and they said normally they only get big releases...........yeaaaaaaaaa......
Yea, oh and my ps3 was on charging my controllers thats why I wasn't responding, wish the damn thing would charge them while it was in standby mode........

MonkeyLicker

Gamefly still has this listed for 11-7. They've been known to ship games earlier than listed dates so here's hoping.

newsguy

HomerSimpson-Man said:
"OMG!! A low res texture!! Game am fail!!!"

Dude, it's gotten pretty bad to the point of something like a nipple hair not being rendered in one version versus another will start a battle.

Wait a minute. If there's nipple hair shaders in the PS3 version we were not told about, I DEMAND TO KNOW. If I have the choice between a 3 dimensional, properly shaded, lone nipple hair to a flat nipple hair texture, I know where my $60 are headed.

Synless

Mojovonio said:
No, that would require 4D which opens up a black hole.
No, I remember that Doom_bringer along time ago had a picture which showed exactly which SPE unleashed spark fury........If only I had the picture saved.....

h3ro

Damn, I think we're the only losers who don't have the game yet since everyone who has it is playing right now and not posting impressions and screenies.... sad face...

LiquidMetal14

I must know whether there is real-time fart physics along with shaders/particles for the deadly gas. Failure to meet my strict flatulence standards means no purchase from me.

MonkeyLicker

newsguy said:
Wait a minute. If there's nipple hair shaders in the PS3 version we were not told about, I DEMAND TO KNOW. If I have the choice between a 3 dimensional, properly shaded, lone nipple hair to a flat nipple hair texture, I know where my $60 are headed.

Woah woah! calm down! Nipple shaders are present on the PS3 version but only on the females.

dork

Banned
Graphics=Amazing

Multiplayer is a hoot. Yeah I said Hoot

The game would be my GOTY if it werent for the stupid AI respawn on SP. playing on veteren and its not even fun, its just a grind. Gonna replay on hard or medium after this and enjoy it fully.

LiquidMetal14

Phoenix said:
That's the only place they matter.
NOW we're getting to the heart of the issue. This is the stuff that dreams are made of folks. Men, take a deep breath, we're going in deep......and hard!

h3ro said:
Yeah I saw that too before I posted them, but I figured GAF would turn a blind eye in all its rage over a tenth...

Come on guys, all this comparison stuff is fun when it comes to making stupid fun comments on GAF, but in the big picture its pretty pointless, just enjoy the game...
Ya not only that but the gameplay got higher on PS3. It means nothing. First time ever you can just pick the game based on your controller/friends preference.

Has anyone got to the tanker level yet? Is it the best thing since celeb nipple slips?

Top Bottom