• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

So I watches the Trailer and i thought " meh".
The graphics are less than standard for the Current Gen. Lightning was not very good and you could see a lot of aliasing. I know this can be fixed, but it looks like they are using the same shit old Quakeengine all over again. I know they want to stick with the " CoD" feel , but when are they going to have the balls to change to their new Acti engine ? It really really bothers me.
The story is also the same old stuff, just no Russians, not we see PMC's.

The only thing I am curious about is MP. I hope you have the Mobility and the high large jumps from the Trailer in there. I also beg that they think "less is more". All the perks and Killstreaks made the game worse. Thats why CoD4 was the best game in the modern serious,
What the fuck? There's no way this post isn't trolling.

If not please see and optometrist at your earliest convenience

jetsetrez

Ghosts sucked, but this looked fucking awesome. First time I've actually been pumped for CoD in a while, despite always winding up playing them.

It's the proximity. Titanfall just came out a month and a half ago, and it was made by ex-Infinity Ward developers. And I've heard people say they can see the Call of Duty roots in it to some extent. Haven't played it myself though, so I wouldn't know.

"comparisons" was the wrong word to use. i understand the comparisons, its when people say "ripping off titanfall" that i'm bewildered.

H4r4kiri

What the fuck? There's no way this post isn't trolling.

If not please see and optometrist at your earliest convenience

So what is so "Next Gen " ( With current gen i mean Ps4, XOne and PC " about the looks? The face look like plastic ( but decent animation). I just dont see the huge huge Next Gen jump. Where do you see it ? It is still a Trailer and not much Gameplay ?

BBboy20

Treyarch took risks with Black Ops2, I'm surprised at how people seem to ignore that Black Ops 2 had branching storyline which was so well done that you wouldn't even realise it was about to branch off. Plus the pick 10 system in MP, the strikeforce missions and loadout before each mission in SP.
And took the IW playbook and turned MP into an unfair killstreak fest.

Cautious optimism. I'm of the belief that Treyarch have always made good Call of Duty games outside of 3 and the ones they did before that. Black Ops 2 was my favourite and most played one since Call of Duty 4. I'm still kind of sad that a lot of people automatically wrote off Black Ops 2 as shit even though it was actually really well done and polished. Also horse tank vs. mammoth tank from Command & Conquer in the desert was legit. Amongst my friends I was the only one who gave it a fair chance. It even worked on PC!

I'm interested at least in the new one. I just hope it works on PC and gives me FOV options above fucking 90 for once.
Pretty sure it's the MP that pissed people off.

What I will say though, this future tech stuff sure does open a lot of doors for bullshit, no skill gimmicks in multiplayer. Black Ops 2 had quite a bit of stuff that pissed me off and this looks even more 'advanced'.
In multiplayer, please don't add in all this bullshit tech / abilities that can kill without the other player standing any kind of chance.
You'd think they realized that maybe they should make exclusive killstreaks for the MP that are as Futuristic as what it's set at but won't break the competitiveness.

Seriously, this is Future Warfare.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tired of call if duty but I like Kevin Spacey and this actually looks pretty cool. Now I'm conflicted :(

Didn't they already do a bridge collapsing, cars careening, arm grabbing scene in a trailer for a previous CoD? Or maybe that was an elevated highway so this is completely different.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And took the IW playbook and turned MP into an unfair killstreak fest.

Pretty sure it's the MP that pissed people off.

You'd think they realized that maybe they should make exclusive killstreaks for the MP that are as Futuristic as what it's set at but won't break the competitiveness.

Seriously, this is Future Warfare.

I bought it this past December, and I've had no issues at all with the Multiplayer. I like it, every weapon feels powerful and viable to use. Haven't really had issues with killstreaks either. If there's some air support, I just hack it into destruction with black hats. Most of the time there isn't, and on the rare occasion that the opposing team is dominating with streak after streak, it only takes one look at the scoreboard to realize that I've been put--unfortunately--on a bad team.

Rookwood

Banned
This is the first COD in years to actually get me interested and somewhat hyped.

Why was Microsoft's partnership with Activision ever in doubt this early into the next generation? Surely deals were made long before the November launch?

Topsu

Banned
Looks frickin' awesome! Getting dem Black Ops II wibes. Totally going to buy this. I just hope they nail the class-making, perks and killstreaks. Copying them from BOII wouldn't hurt.

Touch

I'm not exactly a fan of futuristic warfare game but I have enjoyed some of the Ghost Recon games. I fully hype but it's tickling my pickle a little.

Ganondorfo

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

A NEW ADVANCE WARS GAME, THANK YOU THANK YOU

damn I need to read better, great for the call of duty fans, I hoped for an advance wars game for the WII U.

Edit: Kevin Spacey, nice, finally big actor faces entering the videogame world and making it mainstream.

Logash

Don't like Call of Duty but this looks great. Love spacey so that probably elevated it. Still not buying day one but will get on discount for sure

Zoned

Actively hates charity
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

A NEW ADVANCE WARS GAME, THANK YOU THANK YOU

damn I need to read better, great for the call of duty fans, I hoped for an advance wars game for the WII U.

Edit: Kevin Spacey, nice, finally big actor faces entering the videogame world and making it mainstream.

COD franchise is already as mainstream as it can get.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
How long do we usually have to wait for multiplayer to be shown? Campaign looks to have a lot of QTEs.
I'm excited, but not sure about Sledgehammer's map making ability. Didn't they help with MW3?

Hanmik

it´s friday after all..

vitaaikji0.gif

I know someone has probably made the joke already, but fuck it.

Wait, so it's just Titanfall without the mechs?

Pretty sure we see something similar to a mech at around 1m 30secs.

How long do we usually have to wait for multiplayer to be shown? Campaign looks to have a lot of QTEs.
I'm excited, but not sure about Sledgehammer's map making ability. Didn't they help with MW3?

Around August I'm guessing.

The first thing that came to mind was Killzone. I'm pretty sure this is not going to be healthy for the Call of Duty franchise, but we'll have to see what the competitor does.

KKRT00

Need better quality trailer, but some scenes looked really good for 60 fps game.

The shading in the city looked great, but forest not so much. Definitely a step up from previous engines. I like that almost all light sources cast shadows.
Doesnt look native though, doesnt look 720p though, probably 900p.

I'm mildly interested. If all those exo stuff will be in real gameplay, not only in some scripted sequence, then even SP could be fun.

Metfanant

QTEs? Really?

Doesnt look native though, doesnt look 720p though, probably 900p.
You did notice the "captured on an Xbox one" right at the beginning right? Wouldn't be shocking if it's sub 1080p...

Oh and btw...in case anyone was wondering...over in MisterX land...because they showed the Xbone version, this is proof that:

1. The Xbone version is superior
2. It looks so good that sledgehammer was given early access to DirectX 12 and this is the first game to utilize it

Top Bottom