• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

abadguy

Banned
Hmm I think this is sort of the case really. Sure I think the likes of COD/Fifa will sell well on both regardless, but it seems the PS audience is simply more open to new genres and unique titles, while for Xbox, well my brother and his friends are still playing 360 mostly, all they buy and play are Fifa/COD/GTA/maybe BF, none of them ever seem interested in single player experiences, mostly just games you can play together and it's usually the big brand names for that. For PS, we're seeing things like Heavy Rain, Journey, Unfinished Swan and the like actually sell well. I just can't see that happening on Xbox.

Because your bro and his friends = every xbox owner. By that logic Minecraft would have never gotten as big as it did. The whole "lol Playstation fans are open to new genres" is a load of shit that gets spewed on forums by fanboys. Most of those games would have not only been pushed by MS for XBLA but likely would have sold well too.
The only console that can be argued to have a different audience from that of Sony and MS is Nintendo, mostly because of their 3rd party situation and that fanbase buy their consoles mostly for Nintendo exclusives. ( like Sega fans before them when they still made consoles)

Bgamer90

Banned
I kinda figure this seeing the trailer. The image quality looked far too clean to be 720p. That's great news if it's true for the final game. While 900p is definitely not as nice as 1080p, it's still a great improvement from 720p, and IMO at least gives the impression of a next get experience.

Yeah, had a feeling it would at least be 900p after the huge controversy last year.

900p vs. 1080p isn't big to me to be honest but 720p vs. 1080p is definitely noticeable.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So it will be like HAZE 2?

images

It doesn't exist before CoD does it. Nothing exists.

nomis

what's with the thick veins in the 2nd picture? It look unrealistic, and that guy isn't like flexing or straining his arms. Other than that, the rest of the pics look great to me

I can literally stand up from my computer chair, do five pushups, pose my arms like the guy in that screenshot, and the veins in my forearms look like that. I'm not some ripped monster. Why is everyone posting pics of Batista and Stallone lol.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Maybe we just have not seen enough of the tech in the game, but anyone else think it is a little too conservative with the tech?

I mean. 50+ years from now is a long time...

Yet the game looks like it takes place today, with Exosuites, Active Camo, Railgun Tanks, Hover Bikes, and holographic displays being the only new stuff..

Cars and trucks look the same, cities look the same, clothing looks the same, drones look the same, etc etc.

I feel like 50+ years from now will bring about more change than (aside from the hover bike) is all stuff already in development today.

Just a nitpick I guess.

Maybe we just have not seen enough of the tech in the game, but anyone else think it is a little too conservative with the tech?

Yet the game looks like it takes place today, with Exosuites, Active Camo, Railgun Tanks, Hover Bikes, and holographic displays being the only new stuff..

Cars and trucks look the same, cities look the same, clothing looks the same, drones look the same, etc etc.

I feel like 50+ years from now will bring about more change than (aside from the hover bike) is all stuff already in development today.

Just a nitpick I guess.
Yeah dude I agree with you. To me it looks more of the same, let's wait for in game footage but I'm not impressed..

Just a nitpick I guess.
It's 40 years, but yeah. I didn't even know it took place in 2054 until you said that and I looked it up. I thought it was like the 2020s, or maybe the 2030s. Too be fair it does have hover bikes.

Just a nitpick I guess.
Military adoption of new tech doesn't work the way you think it does.

Hell, most of the tech in Black Ops 2 while certainly plausible for the time period/suspension of disbelief, was way WAY to common in any sort of real world analysis.

Treyarch was smoking some serious drugs when they created the fighter jet you fly in Los Angeles.

This might be the first COD I play. The trailer was pretty good and the premise this time around sounds a little bit more original than usual. Spacey's involvement makes the offering a whole lot more appealing.

With that said, what would be the best starting point for a PS3 owner? I've read good things about World at War. I'm mainly interested in the single player experience, therefore I wouldn't mind older entries like the aforementioned WaW.

I'd say do the Modern Warfare games in order. Could also go full Treyarch with WaW followed by the two Black Ops games. I gave up on WaW, finished Black Ops, but didn't really like it, and then didn't finish Black Ops 2 (even though it's the best of the three).

m360

The graphics look nice but not that impressive compared to Killzone Shadow Fall or Infamous. But from all that i saw i could be the most interessting COD since COD 4.

KoopaTheCasual

Not gonna lie. That was a damn good trailer. I couldn't help but laugh at the Ghosts trailer at how mundane and uninspired it represented the game as. But even if this game isn't good, the presentation in the trailer was quality.

viveks86

I can literally stand up from my computer chair, do five pushups, pose my arms like the guy in that screenshot, and the veins in my forearms look like that. I'm not some ripped monster. Why is everyone posting pics of Batista and Stallone lol.

Show off! :p

I really hope that they fix the multiplayer in this one to be more like Black Ops II and COD4 (I've heard many people consider BO2 to be as close to the COD4 experience as any COD since 4, I consider it that as well).

It needs a longer time-to-kill, not the even instant-ier death than normal in Ghosts and it needs a loadout and perk system more similar to BO2's Pick 10 system instead of the weird point system in Ghosts.

Of course the maps need to be good as well. Not sniper havens like Ghosts (that castle map...). I think the gamemodes should be cut down as well. Stick to Team Deathmatch, SnD, Free-for-All, Domination, CTF, and Demolition (along with Mercenary Moshpit). They don't need Gun Game or Kill Confirmed or any of the other derivative modes that divide the playerbase.

So now this game will be on last gen console so ps4 will get a half baked version

Sledgehammer are making the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions while someone else (rumored to be High Moon) are working on the last gen versions. So, I think that suggests that that Sledgehammer aren't planning on doing a half baked version of it. They have no reason to pull back on the current gen versions of the game.

Can someone clue me in why I should get excited for this game if I have a PS4? I'm trying to go through all the threads but I'm having a hard time locating every article plus I'm balancing finals right now.

....First CoD game im legitimately excited for since 4

Way to go Glenn Schofield (dude was on the original Dead Space team) and Sledgehammer Games!

BigTnaples

Military adoption of new tech doesn't work the way you think it does.

Hell, most of the tech in Black Ops 2 while certainly plausible for the time period/suspension of disbelief, was way WAY to common in any sort of real world analysis.

Treyarch was smoking some serious drugs when they created the fighter jet you fly in Los Angeles.

You misinterpreted my post. (Most of) The military equipment looked new, the world it was all in just looked like modern day. Like they transplanted a few new techs in the game.

And yes, the military is slow to adopt new and better tech, mostly because of cost. Which is why we are stuck with the M9 and 5.56 rounds. That said, they aren't THAT slow. War 40 years ago looked much different than war today.

Metfanant

You misinterpreted my post. (Most of) The military equipment looked new, the world it was all in just looked like modern day. Like they transplanted a few new techs in the game.

seriously?...you think what, every 40 years or so we just tear down entire cities and build more modern buildings everywhere?...have you ever seen videos or pictures of old European cities...there are places that still look straight out of the middle ages, you think in 40 years they are going to look THAT much different?

Interesting to see how crazy the MP will get with all that tech. Will we see cloaks and wall running with bionic legs? Honestly, that would actually be cool

BigTnaples

seriously?...you think what, every 40 years or so we just tear down entire cities and build more modern buildings everywhere?...have you ever seen videos or pictures of old European cities...there are places that still look straight out of the middle ages, you think in 40 years they are going to look THAT much different?

Yup. Still feel like cars will look a bit different than 2009 models in 2050...

In fact, if progression keeps a steady pace, we will reach the Singularity long before 2050, in which case the world could look VERY different than it does now, even given the relatively short time span.

First Cod title that has me interested from the reveal and just because of Kevin Spacey. I have always liked the MW series because of the cinematic, well-executed action FPS sequences. Hopefully this time also both the story and the action will be awesome....

Tzeentch

And yes, the military is slow to adopt new and better tech, mostly because of cost. Which is why we are stuck with the M9 and 5.56 rounds.
-- Chemical-propellant firearms have been at a technological plateau for nearly a century. Cost is a factor because the improvements with most new propellants and projectile design are extremely small.
That said, they aren't THAT slow. War 40 years ago looked much different than war today.
-- COD: AW stuff looks straight-up superscience, so arguing how "advanced" it is sort of misses the forest for the trees.

Riky

$MSFT
900p is a nice jump in image quality, obviously 1080p would be ideal but if it does end up 900p @ 60fps then I'd be ok with that. I presume that resolution fits in the ESRAM easier as a lot of X1 games seem to be taking this route?

KJRS_1993

I still think this is MW4 in all but name. Or it was confirmed this is a totally new setting?

I think it's set in the same universe?
The Modern Warfare story arch finished with MW3.
So now the new storyline is Advanced Warfare.

I don't know for sure, but the similar names make me think it's the same universe, just set a long time apart and the names were changed to signify a new plot line.

Top Bottom