• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

If someone looks to hard in your general direction you die. Also, breezes, falling leaves, and sharp grass kills you.

This honestly made me laugh out loud.

Tho I think I'd actually prefer this to Treyach's old habit of inserting grenade-spamming AI (which was horrible in World at War and has gotten better since).

Fantasmo

If someone looks to hard in your general direction you die. Also, breezes, falling leaves, and sharp grass kills you.

Yeah god forbid you're able to even turn a corner before you're dead.

Campers are a nightmare in Ghosts. A prone soldier blends well into the background and the 2-3 shot deaths make it so you're dead before you get a chance to aim down sights. And that's assuming you even see him before you're dead.

The gameplay must have been designed by a pre-schooler. What a terrible game.

Metfanant

I hope the fucking player health is not like Ghosts.

Make it more like Blops2.

THIS. Please please

What's funny is that as just about exclusively TDM players...the amount of health in Blops2 made my friends and I play Hardcore TDM almost exclusively for the first time...switched back to core TDM in Ghosts...but there were plenty of bigger issues with Ghosts lol...

Metfanant

Yeah god forbid you're able to even turn a corner before you're dead.

Campers are a nightmare in Ghosts. A prone soldier blends well into the background and the 2-3 shot deaths make it so you're dead before you get a chance to aim down sights. And that's assuming you even see him before you're dead.

The gameplay must have been designed by a pre-schooler. What a terrible game.

Campers are a nightmare in Ghosts because the spawning is so FUBAR...if you move someone is probably gonna spawn up your ass and kill you...

Caffeine

What's funny is that as just about exclusively TDM players...the amount of health in Blops2 made my friends and I play Hardcore TDM almost exclusively for the first time...switched back to core TDM in Ghosts...but there were plenty of bigger issues with Ghosts lol...

for me hardcore has never been hardcore the fact that you can spray an lmg from left to right with fmj on it and get multiple kills even if the bullet hits you in the foot is bs. they should readjust hardcore hitboxes from being an instant 1 hit kill in a non lethal locations to at least 2 hits.

Metfanant

for me hardcore has never been hardcore the fact that you can spray an lmg from left to right with fmj on it and get multiple kills even if the bullet hits you in the foot is bs. they should readjust hardcore hitboxes from being an instant 1 hit kill in a non lethal locations to at least 2 hits.

I could agree with that...

RaderCZ

Neo Member
Quick info from Game Informer:

• Game is set in 2052
  • You play as private Mitchell (voiced by Troy Baker, but only in cut-scenes, not in actual gameplay) who has *intenionally* generic background to fit in every role like jet fighter, submarine pilot and so on... It iwll be story of one man only (thanks god!)
  • Mitchell is a friend of Will Irons, son of Jonathan Irons (Kevin Spacey), CEO of ATLAS
  • ATLAS is a private military group, admitted into the UNSC and have lots of resources, top notch weaponary and - of course - EXO suits
  • EXO suit is one of the key gameplay element, you can customize it and upgrade it throughout the story for points you will earn in missions
  • Game is really focused on story which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization. KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.
  • San Francisco is not one of them yet and you will try to stop the terrorists from attacking the city. Later on you will move to Detroit and possibly to another cities.
  • Military technology used in the game is set on actual research or prototypes. Everything was discussed by military professionals and/or scientists.
  • Apart from EXO suit you will use augmented reality in visor, grenade which reveal position of enemies, magnetic gloves to climb tall buildings or cloaking system for stealthy missions.
  • The game use a new engine, confirmed by Michael Condrey, founder of the studio. No more specific words was spoken about it.
  • X360/PS3 versions will be developed outside of Sledgehammer Games, developer is not yet revealed.

Sounds interesting, huh?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

• Game is set in 2052
  • You play as private Mitchell (voiced by Troy Baker, but only in cut-scenes, not in actual gameplay) who has *intenionally* generic background to fit in every role like jet fighter, submarine pilot and so on... It iwll be story of one man only (thanks god!)
  • Mitchell is a friend of Will Irons, son of Jonathan Irons (Kevin Spacey), CEO of ATLAS
  • ATLAS is a private military group, admitted into the UNSC which have lots of resources, top notch weaponary and - of course - EXO suits
  • EXO suit is one of the key gameplay element, you can customize it and upgrade it throughout the story for points you will earn in missions
  • Game is really focused on story which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization, KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.
  • San Francisco is not one of them yet and you will try to stop the terrorists from attacking the city. Later on you will move to Detroit and possibly to another cities.
  • Military technology used in the game is set on actual research or prototypes. Everything was discussed by military professionals and/or scientists.
  • Apart from EXO suit you will use augmented reality in visor, grenade which reveal position of enemies, magnetic gloves to climb a tall buildings or cloaking system for stealthy missions
  • The game use a brand new engine
  • Current-gen versions will be developed outside of Sledgehammer Games, developer is not yet revealed.

Sounds interesting, huh?

Sounds great, thanks.

Oh and FUCK YES Troy Baker!!!

statham

• Game is set in 2052
  • ATLAS is a private military group, admitted into the UNSC and have lots of resources, top notch weaponary and - of course - EXO suits
  • Game is really focused on story which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization, KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.
  • Apart from EXO suit you will use augmented reality in visor, grenade which reveal position of enemies, magnetic gloves to climb a tall buildings or cloaking system for stealthy missions
  • Current-gen versions will be developed outside of Sledgehammer Games, developer is not yet revealed.

Sounds interesting, huh?

sounds awesome!

Caffeine

You might want to consult some weapon data because that's a lot of nonsense right there.

well i was speaking in general of an average from playing of course the damage output vs range determines how many shots it takes and it varies through-out which weapons are used. and then you have to take into account the players health vary between the games.

Deadbeat

Banned
well i was speaking in general of an average from playing of course the damage output vs range determines how many shots it takes and it varies through-out which weapons are used. and then you have to take into account the players health vary between the games.
You mean 100, 100, or 100. Because they are all 100.
Blops 1 and we've got a deal.
Blops 1 had the least amount of bullshit going on.

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

Quite a lot of this sounds Titanfallesque, especially the setting, the suit and the fact that the current gen version is not being made in house.

I'm interested, if they get the feeling right (which every game but Ghosts has for me) I'll pick it up.
Edit: Any idea on studio size? It was 200 the last time we heard.. I wonder if any of the other studios are helping?
Double Edit: It seems High Moon are helping.

Daffy Duck

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

Is current gen not done by sledgehammer your words?

I wish they would drop that shit either way. Current gen is xbox one/ps4.

TheCloser

Banned

• Game is set in 2052
    [*]EXO suit is one of the key gameplay element, you can customize it and upgrade it throughout the story for points you will earn in missions
    [*]Game is really focused on story
    which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization, KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.

Sounds interesting, huh?

Hype increasing.

RaderCZ

Neo Member
Is current gen not done by sledgehammer your words?

I wish they would drop that shit either way. Current gen is xbox one/ps4.

Well, you are right, sorry... current-gen is PS4/XOne which is developed by Sledgehammer... I meant old-gen - PS3/X360

TheCloser

Banned
Quite a lot of this sounds Titanfallesque, especially the setting, the suit and the fact that the current gen version is not being made in house.

I'm interested, if they get the feeling right (which every game but Ghosts has for me) I'll pick it up.
Sounds nothing like Titanfall. Titanfall has no story and has mechs. This sounds like crysis if anything. You need to improve your comparison making skills.

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

You mean the last-gen versions right? Thusfar I've seen everybody claim that the current-gen versions will be developed by Sledgehammer, while the last-gen versions are outsourced.

EDIT: NVM. Already clarified.

• Game is set in 2052
  • X360/PS3 versions will be developed outside of Sledgehammer Games, developer is not yet revealed.

Sounds interesting, huh?

Sounds not that bad actually. Probably makes me happy that they are using an actual NEW FUCKING ENGINE.

I personally have not liked COD since COD 4 (LOVED that game), but this sound interesting.

SMZC

Game is really focused on story which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization, KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.

Oh, geez. I can't even begin to imagine who is funding this KVA.

RaderCZ

Neo Member
You mean the last-gen versions right? Thusfar I've seen everybody claim that the current-gen versions will be developed by Sledgehammer, while the last-gen versions are outsourced.

EDIT: NVM. Already clarified.

Living in the past.. sorry, original post is correct now. Of course I meant last-gen ;)

Sounds nothing like Titanfall. Titanfall has no story and has mechs. This sounds like crysis if anything. You need to improve your comparison making skills.

There are certainly similar elements, even if I did make it more similar than it really is.
I would read in to the new engine thing yet, they said the same thing about Ghosts did they not? And then we discovered that it is an updated version (or as they said "pretty much a new engine")

Caffeine

You mean 100, 100, or 100. Because they are all 100.

Blops 1 had the least amount of bullshit going on.

maybe I miss worded this english is not my first language the regen of the health is faster in black ops 2 which allows you to take more bullets. I just tested the vector on black ops 2 and ghosts at the same range it did about 20 damage at an idle target at the range i was in which is average for most fire fights during play so it took 5 shots at the same distance on ghosts i would say it did ~36 damage taking only 3 shots now during a fire fight u have a chance on black ops 2 to duck and regen some health allowing you to accept another 2-3 bullets. this is just one senerio with this weapons it does vary with the other weapons but the ttk is still higher because of damage output on black ops 2 between ghosts.

BY2K

Membero Americo

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

ibeE5nXFxT9D5J.gif

That... that sounds... AWESOME!

I'm actually hyped for a Call of Duty! Brand new engine!? Troy Baker? Story driven? Upgrade system!? Fuck yeah!

Hip Hop

Edit: Any idea on studio size? It was 200 the last time we heard.. I wonder if any of the other studios are helping?
Double Edit: It seems High Moon are helping.

The size of studio was estimated to me earlier:

Not sure TBH. I work on the design side. We have a whole group of people dedicated to handling community matters. We're a pretty big studio now (over 160 not including the people at High Moon and Raven).

But "in general terms" no gun takes 1 shot to kill someone in Ghosts except for a sniper or SVU and no gun takes 6, 7, 8 bullets to kill someone in BO2 unless you're using a SMG in which case it can take 6 bullets, but only if you're trying to map someone.

The numbers show there is a very minimal difference, so minimal that you're not going to be able to tell the difference unless you are a ninja.

However, I do agree there is a difference between the two games. But if the numbers say there isn't, then why does it feel that way?

For me the answer is dedicated servers. BO2 was quite crap for hit detection, lag wasn't too bad but it wasn't the best. With the introduction of dedicated servers, this should mean reduced lag for all players in the game. This means that you should be able to kill someone quicker, or die quicker, thanks to reduced response time for all players.

I think the middle ground is probably the sweet spot. I'd like to see more lower damage guns with high RPM and high accuracy. They can give you great feedback.

Can anyone confirm if they're actually using a new engine or if it's just a new iteration of the one they've been using? Developers like to exaggerate these things sometimes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

• Game is set in 2052
    [*]EXO suit is one of the key gameplay element, you can customize it and upgrade it throughout the story for points you will earn in missions
    [*]Game is really focused on story which is about big terrorist attack by KVA, well funded worldwide terrorist organization, KVA soldiers will strike lots of cities in the world in one time.
    [*]The game use a brand new engine

Sounds interesting, huh?

Every bolded bit is exactly the type of thing I've wanted CoD to do for a long time.

Caffeine

But "in general terms" no gun takes 1 shot to kill someone in Ghosts except for a sniper or SVU and no gun takes 6, 7, 8 bullets to kill someone in BO2 unless you're using a SMG in which case it can take 6 bullets, but only if you're trying to map someone.

The numbers show there is a very minimal difference, so minimal that you're not going to be able to tell the difference unless you are a ninja.

However, I do agree there is a difference between the two games. But if the numbers say there isn't, then why does it feel that way?

For me the answer is dedicated servers. BO2 was quite crap for hit detection, lag wasn't too bad but it wasn't the best. With the introduction of dedicated servers, this should mean reduced lag for all players in the game. This means that you should be able to kill someone quicker, or die quicker, thanks to reduced response time for all players.

I think the middle ground is probably the sweet spot. I'd like to see more lower damage guns with high RPM and high accuracy. They can give you great feedback.

oh yes hit detection could also be apart of it perhaps I was getting near lethal range with the 1 bullet shots but they were clearly not headshots on my screen in ghosts. however I was not mapping the person i was on nuke town from the door way of the back of the house to the fence of the spawn took 5 bullet with vector. if i was to map someone on the pc version of black ops 2 it would take 8 bullets as there is no aim assist if It was on console perhaps the results differ because of aim assist.

Gumbie

Sounds not that bad actually. Probably makes me happy that they are using an actual NEW FUCKING ENGINE.

I personally have not liked COD since COD 4 (LOVED that game), but this sound interesting.

We'll see. They've said "new engine" before and then came back later to say "well it's not completely new but it's way improved!"

RaderCZ

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm if they're actually using a new engine or if it's just a new iteration of the one they've been using? Developers like to exaggerate these things sometimes.

"According to Sledgehammer co-founder Michael Condrey, Advanced Warfare is being built on a new engine." - source: Game Informer.

No more words, but I think, it is really something new... Editor of GI describe impressive amount of onscreen activity, character models with pupils that actually dilate and so on...

ref

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

Sort of neat, but premise isn't everything, execution is.

I thought the premise of Ghosts seemed pretty cool and look how that turned out. Pretty horrible.

H4r4kiri

• Game is set in 2052

Sounds interesting, huh?

OKay Troy Baker is really really awesome. The Exosuit as Gameplay elemnt sound really cool too and i hope we see it in the MP. Mobility of Titanfall without Titans would be so cool.

About the Engine stuff. Well they really have to convince me. For Ghost it was the same thing.
" We have a brand new engine" and than later somebody said it was the Quakeengine and the devs " Yes Quake Yes m but totally new from the ground up". So first i want to see it and really look at it. The Trailer looked like the Quakeengine thoug ;)

The size of studio was estimated to me earlier:

Interesting, thanks. Weird that the estimate from a while ago was higher and the Wikipedia page said that they got rid of a super low amount of people after development.
I would love to know how many people are working on it, this is interesting.

Top Bottom