• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Beta Thread [PC/Xbone now up!]

Khal_B

Said it before, but yeah shotties are way too inconsistent. I've gotten hitmarkers point blank range on people's chest and they still walk through it like nothing and kill me during the pump animation.

Archpath1

Sliding is so good
It actually increases your accuracy when hipfiring

Plus you can actually do a 360 while sliding

Got caught sliding did a 180 while sliding and he got wrecked

Try it out, its pretty silly but feels cool

Will wait for Incoming 360 slide noscopes

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Said it before, but yeah shotties are way too inconsistent. I've gotten hitmarkers point blank range on people's chest and they still walk through it like nothing and kill me during the pump animation.

They've said that the starter shotgun is getting a balance change. You won't be able to one-hit kill quite so far out as you could before, but you should never have to shoot twice to kill within a certain range. Making it more consistent and all.

And the Auto-shottie, the Haymaker, is getting a fire-rate increase :D

Just played a few matches, one thing they need to do is tone down the fucking shotguns. Good lord, I've never been shotgun sniped in any game as much as this. There is also another shotgun that's like a machine gun, too fucking OP.

Shotgun is God haha

I'll be bummed when that gets nerfed for release , I loved it during the beta , reminded me of MW2 1887 terminator gun B^)

Keasar

I tried my best, but its very clear I am not the target audience for the multiplayer of these games. I don't snort enough Mountain Dew flavoured Doritos to keep up with this shit.

I'll wait until the (never ever) sale for the game if the singleplayer is any decent.

Just played a few matches, one thing they need to do is tone down the fucking shotguns. Good lord, I've never been shotgun sniped in any game as much as this. There is also another shotgun that's like a machine gun, too fucking OP.
Spoken like a guy who has never touched a fucking shotgun in this game.

wrongway

Might have to revise my opinion on all the guns feeling pretty viable. Just tried the last available sniper rifle, which fires a three-round-burst after a delay. Seems like it has the same 'one trigger pull kill' area as the bolt-action, but if one shot misses it won't kill. Maybe people who are genuinely good snipers can make it work, but the firing delay and the need to track your target through the full burst made it really hard for me to use well. Felt like I would've been doing better just using a burst AR with a scope.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Might have to revise my opinion on all the guns feeling pretty viable. Just tried the last available sniper rifle, which fires a three-round-burst after a delay. Seems like it has the same 'one trigger pull kill' area as the bolt-action, but if one shot misses it won't kill. Maybe people who are genuinely good snipers can make it work, but the firing delay and the need to track your target through the full burst made it really hard for me to use well. Felt like I would've been doing better just using a burst AR with a scope.

Yeah, that sniper seems like more challenge than what it's payoff is worth.

Tbh that was the game's fault, not yours.

Hahaha wow, I did that exact same thing with a Dart yesterday, maybe even on the same rock. Yay invisible collision boxes. :x

I did the same thing twice on combine. They need to work on the rock/dart hitboxes. What you see should match what you get.

they need to work on the dart completely IMO. it's not that good right now.

wrongway

Welp, guess that's it for the beta on PC. Not 100% sold but will absolutely keep an eye on it. Best fast-paced shooter since Titanfall imo if they can stomp the awful flinch into the ground and smooth out the netcode's inconsistencies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Yes please. One of AW's best features.

The crosshair is honestly the only thing I liked about AW, I hated it so much I thought it killed the series forever for me but thankfully BO3 was awesome, Treyarch never let me down.

LogicStep

This game worth it for the campaign and zombie mode alone? Judging from what has been shown that is.. Don't have much interest on the online. Looking more towards the coop aspects of the game.

jorgejjvr

This game worth it for the campaign and zombie mode alone? Judging from what has been shown that is.. Don't have much interest on the online. Looking more towards the coop aspects of the game.

Did you try the multi? It was available to everyone

It was extrememly fun. Zombies and Co op campaign will make it that much sweeter.

Top Bottom