• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts online multiplayer discussion thread

Yeah, I thought I was getting into a groove with this game, but I'm literally having zero firefights. Just getting shot from behind. And all of my kills too, it's just people I happen to see as I run around. It's really, really poor map design.

BLOPS 2 restored my faith on CoD after MW3, i LOVED that game. But this one is somehow even worse than MW3.
That'll be because in Black Ops 2 pretty much every map was the Nuketown set up, where it is a race to meet each other in the middle head-on.

There were few circular maps.

I'd argue that the 3-lane style maps frequently seen in BO2 are dull and boring, and can stifle some gameplay styles. So it probably comes down to how you like to play.

antitrop

Same as people who played Diablo 3 for 50+ hours only to say that it's a piece of shit.
And that's their legitimate right. Maybe they gave the game a chance, tried to get everything (unlocks, perks, etc.) , see if it gets better, etc.
I find his opinion more valid than someone who spent 30min in the game and declared it shit.

Most die hard fans of a certain game will be its loudest critics. They know the mechanics inside and out, they've been with the franchise for many games now and they (usually) have a valid set of complaints/criticisms.
Making observations, pointing out flaws is preciesly WHY I come to GAF. I don't see that as "making gaming joyless".

I've been playing Call of Duty since 1 on PC in 2003, and have bought every single one, and played them all extensively. CoD is my second favorite franchise after Final Fantasy. Yeah, I'm a die-hard and I'm devastated by what this franchise has become

But hey, like I said:

Titanfall.

antitrop

Yeah, I thought I was getting into a groove with this game, but I'm literally having zero firefights. Just getting shot from behind. And all of my kills too, it's just people I happen to see as I run around. It's really, really poor map design.

Yeah! There's no fucking firefights it's absolutely insane. It's just move, die, move, die, move, die, move, die. And you're always getting killed by someone you had barely any vision of, from behind, from weird angles, through walls, or whatever the fuck. Beyond frustrating.

Only way to get a decent K/D is to camp and pre-aim, which is more boring than watching paint dry.

BraXzy

I've only played a few hours but it's already left a sour taste in my mouth. I bought it mainly for a quick multiplayer fix till Titanfall comes out but damn, it just isn't fun, at least not yet.

• None of the maps (besides maybe stonehaven) are recognizable or unique, let alone good. I was telling my friend who hasn't got it yet about the maps and I realised how dull they were. Then I thought back to all the maps in previous CoDs that I played a tonne of and remembered all of them, because of their skyscrapers and airports and half demolished overpasses. Put in some interesting landmarks! That aren't trucks or trees!
  • Like has been said countless times, the flow is just broken. There are a trillion ways to go at any one time and it's almost a coin flip to win/lose depending on the path you choose.
  • The removal of a proper radar does nothing to help this. The SAT com things are ok but they suck compared.
  • The graphics are bad, like, ugly bad. I'd rather have the last gen console graphics of CoD to the current. It's all fuzzy and grainy which makes people harder to spot and the environments looks worse because of it. Is this partly due to the X1 upscaler?
  • Every new CoD I play makes me appreciate the old one more, even if I didn't particularly like it. I wouldn't have bought it if Titanfall was out.

EDIT: Has the ELITE app not been updated yet? It still lists Ghosts as pre-order o_O How do I link my tag on Ghosts to get the 'reward' emblem tag things like MW3?

Nori Chan

Hey guys I want to play with a party and ill probably be spamming the gaf clan once I'm accepted.

My GT: xGeneral Ice. If you add me message me you're from gaf pls.

Madness

We all quit..

The only designer left at IW that worked on CoD4 MP was Nate, and that was just DLC (Creek). Porter worked on MP for a bit on MW2, on Derail iirc.

Also worth pointing out that Mary, a tester on MW2 who (I'm told) went on to make some of the best MW3 maps, went to Konami.

How much of the CoD4:MW and MW2 team now works for Respawn?

Same as people who played Diablo 3 for 50+ hours only to say that it's a piece of shit.
And that's their legitimate right. Maybe they gave the game a chance, tried to get everything (unlocks, perks, etc.) , see if it gets better, etc.
I find his opinion more valid than someone who spent 30min in the game and declared it shit.
Exactly. I'm a hardcore Virtua Fighter player and competed in the game. Spent my hard earned money traveling just to play the game before release. Once it came out, and other top players got their hand on it, they notice this VF wasn't for them. Same with me.

Cross posting from the clan thread in community:

TDM is ours. Focus on Cranked next, guys. Once we take that, we can probably do KC. W still need to maintain the lead in TDM too though.

If you have an extreme aversion to cranked for some reason, KC early wouldn't hurt.

Next round of clan invites was just sent out.

njean777

I've only played a few hours but it's already left a sour taste in my mouth. I bought it mainly for a quick multiplayer fix till Titanfall comes out but damn, it just isn't fun, at least not yet.

• None of the maps (besides maybe stonehaven) are recognizable or unique, let alone good. I was telling my friend who hasn't got it yet about the maps and I realised how dull they were. Then I thought back to all the maps in previous CoDs that I played a tonne of and remembered all of them, because of their skyscrapers and airports and half demolished overpasses. Put in some interesting landmarks! That aren't trucks or trees!
  • Like has been said countless times, the flow is just broken. There are a trillion ways to go at any one time and it's almost a coin flip to win/lose depending on the path you choose.
  • The removal of a proper radar does nothing to help this. The SAT com things are ok but they suck compared.
  • The graphics are bad, like, ugly bad. I'd rather have the last gen console graphics of CoD to the current. It's all fuzzy and grainy which makes people harder to spot and the environments looks worse because of it. Is this partly due to the X1 upscaler?
  • Every new CoD I play makes me appreciate the old one more, even if I didn't particularly like it. I wouldn't have bought it if Titanfall was out.

EDIT: Has the ELITE app not been updated yet? It still lists Ghosts as pre-order o_O How do I link my tag on Ghosts to get the 'reward' emblem tag things like MW3?

That may be an X1 problem on the ps4 it is crisp and clean. More then likely a problem with the upscaling going on. Even in 1080 though the game is still crap.

We all quit..

The only designer left at IW that worked on CoD4 MP was Nate, and that was just DLC (Creek). Porter worked on MP for a bit on MW2, on Derail iirc.

Also worth pointing out that Mary, a tester on MW2 who (I'm told) went on to make some of the best MW3 maps, went to Konami.

Thank you for the response, everything makes sense now.

Looking forward to seeing your maps in Titanfall.

After 20 hours with the multiplayer, this is easily the worst Call of Duty MP I've ever played. I despised Black Ops II's tiny little maps, but this game is the most frustrating online shooter I've ever played. Never before have I had as little fun killing virtual people as I have with this pile of embarrassing shit. Every game makes me want to punch a hole through my monitor.

Deliver us from evil, Titanfall, I can't take this shit anymore.

I said something similar earlier, but yea it's pretty clear this is the worst CoD game. I'd go as far as saying it has the worst maps in any multiplayer shooter I've played. How can people enjoy this shit?

rpmurphy

Forget MP, add more resources to add more to Extinction. It lacks gameplay depth and isn't exactly an original idea, but it is the most fun to play mode by far.

antitrop

I said something similar earlier, but yea it's pretty clear this is the worst CoD game. I'd go as far as saying it has the worst maps in any multiplayer shooter I've played. How can people enjoy this shit?

It's not even hyperbole, I'm being serious, this is some "worst ever" type shit. At least for a AAA game that I would expect to be good, obviously there are far worse games out there that people have zero expectations for (and will never play).

But for the one of the biggest franchises in gaming? Literally embarrassing.

We have gained literally zero wins in blitz since I posted that. If we're not willing to branch out to other modes, we are never going to move up divisions, guys.

I'm one of the biggest COD fanboys there are. This new COD has me feeling the same way SOCOM 3 did after 2. What did they do to the map sizes? Jesus. Played the other night and was 0-3 without even firing my gun once. Didn't see anyone.

The maps are baron. Why did they make most all the maps bigger. There's no map size like Dome, or Nuketown, Slums, Crash, Bog... and so on. I guess maybe I should give the Ground War a shot. More people on screen might make the maps seem like it's got more action. They should of added the motorcycle with side car they had in COD 3. But I guess that wasn't an IW game though... could use the transportation in this game.

It's not even hyperbole, I'm being serious, this is some "worst ever" type shit. At least for a AAA game that I would expect to be good, obviously there are far worse games out there that people have zero expectations for (and will never play).

But for the one of the biggest franchises in gaming? Literally embarrassing.
I thought the campaign was not bad. The multiplayer aspect is horrendous. Extinction is pretty fun. I feel like a different dev team was responsible for each different mode though, since each mode feels so different. For example, in extinction, theres a health and armor meter that reminds me of Far Cry 1's meter on PC. It just feels like the multiplayer was designed by the "c team" of the game/

antitrop

Perhaps the only thing worse than the UAV nerf is the "Active Operations" system.

Yeah, no, wait, THAT'S the worst idea in CoD since Martyrdom. The unlock system in Black Ops II is infinitely superior. I should have just reinstalled Black Ops II and bought all the map packs instead of buying Ghosts.

Hey guys, I know it's late in the thread, but I have some deep concerns with my gameplay. I'm on the PS4, by the way.

I've had lag/latency gripes with playing Call of Duty online since Modern Warfare. I've never been a serious, competitive player and my KDR has never been above 1.0. Turning corners whilst being shot at hasn't ever changed -- run for my life, or cross an alley or what not, and still get shot through several feet of brick and mortar, or steel, etc. The killcam shows the last bullet hitting me as I turned or crossed, but that's not what I see. I have an open NAT, 50Mb/6Mb/+-30ms connection, etc. Router's good, connected by ethernet, etc. I don't have any issues like this with any other online game except the Call of Duty series. What can I do? How can I compensate?

This leads me to my next plead for advice.

I control best with max sensitivity. But I can't seem to win gun fights. 90% of my kills aren't one-on-one, it's me sideswiping someone or killing from behind. I'm getting better with rifles using the VMR sight, though. So I usually use a Honeybadger/noobtube combo or a shotgun/noobtube combo, both with IEDs to maximize the amount of kills. What can I do to get better? I have some good games where I get lucky and get a Riley, but I'll never see a KEM strike. I'd really like one someday. With the amount of experience I have, I just can't be that good. But again I'm not a serious, competitive player.

Lastly, in non-hardcore games, it feels like I'm getting killed with just one hit marker that aren't non-sniper hits. Or, in one-on-one fights, if I turn a corner, it seems the person who kills me already saw me before I saw him and bullets are leaving his barrel the millisecond he/she sees me. What can I do?

Heeelp!

(first post, by the way!)

How does the Respawn team feel about the current state of Call of Duty?

Probably extremely happy, the mass indifference to Ghosts leaves a huge hole for Respawn to fill with Titanfall. IW/Acti's laziness is a gift to Respawn.
Ghosts should have been the game that shined the brightest in the series and locked down the fanbase so they were buying map packs in March and not Titanfall.
..but it's not.

NYR

So god damn dumb.

I had no idea how the perks system worked until today. I had no idea that if you un-equip your secondary, tactical, etc is gives you more slots for perks.

TO ADD TO MY STUPIDITY, I thought perks were only available once they were unlocked as you level up - in other words, I had no idea you could purchase them if you had squad points!! ARGGH! So stupid, I was running default perks I was given for almost 10 hours in.

Perhaps the only thing worse than the UAV nerf is the "Active Operations" system.

Yeah, no, wait, THAT'S the worst idea in CoD since Martyrdom. The unlock system in Black Ops II is infinitely superior. I should have just reinstalled Black Ops II and bought all the map packs instead of buying Ghosts.

that thing where you get all perks is worse than Martyrdom, and so is the ridiculous juggernaut stuff. This whole game is worse than Martyrdom.

So god damn dumb.

I had no idea how the perks system worked until today. I had no idea that if you un-equip your secondary, tactical, etc is gives you more slots for perks.

TO ADD TO MY STUPIDITY, I thought perks were only available once they were unlocked as you level up - in other words, I had no idea you could purchase them if you had squad points!! ARGGH! So stupid, I was running default perks I was given for almost 10 hours in.

Holy crap, thanks!

legacyzero

Banned
Replacing UAV with SatCom is the worst idea in Call of Duty since Martyrdom.

Looks like IW trying to mix the game up a bit. Not a very good job, if that's the case.

It's not NEARLY as bad as Martyrdom, though.

I see you didn't actually address the UAV spam and instead ignored my post so you could continue the feigned outrage.

Convenient.

Edit: "Go for cranked, people. They're 5ish wins away. we're like 8. We can pull ahead.

Also, you get bonus XP for playing it since I set it to the primary target."

Are you arguing WITH him, or AT him?

I see you didn't actually address the UAV spam and instead ignored my post so you could continue the feigned outrage.

Convenient.

Edit: "Go for cranked, people. They're 5ish wins away. we're like 8. We can pull ahead.

Also, you get bonus XP for playing it since I set it to the primary target."

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
A spawn system worse than WaW. Perks and Killstreaks blander than BO. Lag comp of BO2. Lastly the haphazard weapon properties of BO2. Oh also worst maps in COD history. I yearn for the days of MW2 when i was ducking 435454 sky haphazards. At least my fucking guns worked.

Victrix

*beard*
Hey guys, I know it's late in the thread, but I have some deep concerns with my gameplay. I'm on the PS4, by the way.

I've had lag/latency gripes with playing Call of Duty online since Modern Warfare. I've never been a serious, competitive player and my KDR has never been above 1.0. Turning corners whilst being shot at hasn't ever changed -- run for my life, or cross an alley or what not, and still get shot through several feet of brick and mortar, or steel, etc. The killcam shows the last bullet hitting me as I turned or crossed, but that's not what I see. I have an open NAT, 50Mb/6Mb/+-30ms connection, etc. Router's good, connected by ethernet, etc. I don't have any issues like this with any other online game except the Call of Duty series. What can I do? How can I compensate?

This leads me to my next plead for advice.

I control best with max sensitivity. But I can't seem to win gun fights. 90% of my kills aren't one-on-one, it's me sideswiping someone or killing from behind. I'm getting better with rifles using the VMR sight, though. So I usually use a Honeybadger/noobtube combo or a shotgun/noobtube combo, both with IEDs to maximize the amount of kills. What can I do to get better? I have some good games where I get lucky and get a Riley, but I'll never see a KEM strike. I'd really like one someday. With the amount of experience I have, I just can't be that good. But again I'm not a serious, competitive player.

Lastly, in non-hardcore games, it feels like I'm getting killed with just one hit marker that aren't non-sniper hits. Or, in one-on-one fights, if I turn a corner, it seems the person who kills me already saw me before I saw him and bullets are leaving his barrel the millisecond he/she sees me. What can I do?

Heeelp!

(first post, by the way!)

Your first question has a long and complex answer, but it boils down to this: You're playing a game where 2-4 bullets are lethal, fired from guns that shoot 600-900+rpm (that's 10-15 shots per second!) Some guns will kill in one trigger pull.

Killcams are not, were not, and will not ever be an exact representation of what occured because what is happening for each player is always subject to the lag monsters. You'll note that there are barely any (are there any?) other fps games out there that show killcams. They just say X kiled you with Y and maybe show you the person who shot you.

Treat killcams as tools to see where a person was moving, how they ambushed you, or what they were using, don't use them as tools to determine why you lost a heads up firefight, that's just going to piss you off.

When you're standing stationary around a corner and someone comes blazing around the corner firing at you, on their end, their client says 'this dude is at position X' and they come around the corner, see you, shoot you, and you die. On your end, your client is still waiting for the position + firing update of the guy that came around the corner. He comes around, you fire and kill him! Then you fall flat on your face dead. wtf?! To quote a great man: "You are already dead". You just didn't know it yet.

While the specifics of how the net code has been handled have varied from cod to cod over the years (getting progressively shittier in every one after mw2 imo), the basics are the same: If you're in a situation where you're going into a coin flip face to face firefight, it's a coin flip firefight. The trick has always been to avoid getting into those situations as much as possible.

That's part one.

To answer the second part.

If you are going to get into face to face firefights frequently, you need perk muscle to survive them, and a weapon with a low enough ttk to beat whatever your opponent is using. Milliseconds matter in close range cod fights.

Relevant gunplay perks: Ready Up, Quickdraw, Focus. Faster gun up after sprint, faster ads, better stability from flinching when hit with enemy fire.

Stalker is also on that list, though it doesn't directly affect speed, it lets you stay fully mobile while ads, which can be stronger than Ready Up and Quickdraw together if used well (if you're already ads and moving around a corner, you are all but guaranteed to be faster than someone who is mid sprint, even if they have ready up and quickdraw both on an smg).

The gun you are using determines mobility and ads times. SMGs and Shotguns are fastest, ARs are in the middle, MRs and LMGs are next, Snipers are the slowest (ads wise, though there's a bunch of variance for both ads time and mobility in that class).

Ultra bad habits that will get you killed 24/7:

Sprinting constantly (Marathon is dangerous)

Reloading after a single kill (push X to spawn enemy). Sleight of Hand and On the Go both can reinforce this bad habit.

Not prepping for the second (or third) enemy as soon as you down the first. There is always another enemy around the corner. They saw you, heard you, saw their teammate die, heard your gunfire, saw the tracers, saw the skull marker on the ui, were in party chat, saw you on the minimap, saw you with an oracle, tagged you with recon, heard you with amplify, whatever. They know you're there when you kill someone nearby. Be ready for it.

And then there's stealth. The combat perks are critical in general, and if you are using a build without some combination of quickdraw/stalker/ready up/focus, you need to know what you're doing, but stealth is equally important.

A silencer on your gun, Off the Grid, Dead Silence, and to a lesser extent, Incog and Takedown are all important for protecting you from the minimap, SATCOMs, and headphones/amplify. Incog and Takedown have more subtle effects, but both are useful. Incog is notably effective at longer ranges by preventing your name from popping up from a casual ads sweep, but it can even save you in cqb if someone hesitates for even a second because they didn't see a red name. I've died a few times myself because I mistook a friendly name behind an enemy as their own!

In terms of enemy positional knowledge, Amplify is the single most important perk to take, because it alerts you instantly to nearby enemies without Dead Silence, and gives you a chance to hear enemies with Dead Silence, something you have almost no prayer of without.

Sitrep is quite useful, particularly in modes like TDM where kids like to camp in buildings with IEDs guarding them. Sitrep protects you from all types of equipment and gives away enemy positions.

Wiretap is potentially strong, but as a 3 point perk and the number of people running Off the Grid, I'm not super fond of it. That said, a build using Wiretap and Hardline with Assault SATCOM (and nothing else!) is kind of hilarious. You'll have near perfect locational info on anyone not using Off the Grid.

Also fwiw, every single one of my srs bzness builds (or even semi serious) are 1 gun, 11 perk points. Equipment is pretty crap in this game with no way to resupply it short of completing a field order, I'd rather have the 2 extra perk points. A secondary weapon does have some value on certain setups (e.g., I'll use a pistol on an lmg build for mobility), but you can often get away without one.

You'll note that in all that, I didn't make any mention at all about your personal aim or the sweet cod skillz needed to survive a close range firefight. That's because they're secondary to everything else. My k/d has been going up over the years I've played CoD, and I'm getting older, slower, and blinder every year. I'm not doing well because I can out 360 noscope the 14 year old kids that make up the cod audience, I'm (usually) doing well because I'm flanking them, shooting them in the ass, killing them with a faster weapon, or killing them at close or long range with a close or long range specialist weapon.

A big chunk of that comes down to map knowledge, mode knowledge, and whether or not you're playing with a party.

Playing cod solo is way, way harder than playing in even a small group, and similarly, certain modes are much more difficult when solo.

Domination is a really good example - in a fully organized team, you cap two points, and have players covering all possible approaches to your two points. You never push into their spawn. As a result, the spawns are stable, you don't get shot in the ass, and it's fairly easy to lock down an area. Worst case they break out and back cap you, you rotate and resume facing the other direction.

Contrast that with public game Domination where players run all over the fucking place, and move across the map in a straight line from their spawn point until they hit the far enemy flag and then do a 180 like some sort of mindless rifle armed pong ball.

In that case, enemies spawn all over the goddamn place, you get shot in the ass constantly, control points flip constantly, and the game is generally a mess. The worst of these matches on some maps just make you want to hide in a corner and not move at all.

Unfortunately I don't have any great advice for that last part. The only way to improve in that respect is to play more, learn the maps cold, and figure out where people move in each game mode, and where people like to camp. This is how you develop the sixth sense that protects you even in the absence of a uav sweep/amplify/etc, and lets you hunt enemies as they spawn instead of being hunted or spawn killed.

And on your last query, the damage is the same as its ever been. ARs kill in 3 bullets, 4 or more at long range. SMGs kill in 3 bullets up close, 4-6 very quickly at longer ranges. Same with LMGs, just a longer distances. MRs can kill in 2 bullets or 1 headshot at shorter ranges. Snipers and Shotguns can kill in one shot. Pistols can kill in two up close, one with an accurate upper chest/head magnum shot.

It feels super fast partly because the netcode isn't garbage in this game, and partly because the way that damage is 'delivered' can make it feel instant - ie in your screen you fire a bunch of rounds into a dude and you know you missed some and hit him 3-4 times, then he died. On his screen he saw you and then exploded instantly. It's just the way lag works.

If you're trying to analyze how they're killing you so fast but you're not, or how you're losing those face to face firefights, you're sort of looking in the wrong direction - you need to back up and look at your perk setup, your weapon, your streaks, and most importantly, your movement and your map knowledge.

Unless your build is intentionally designed to get up into peoples faces and win the fight (shotguns, some smg setups), in most cases you don't want to get into those fights in the first place. This isn't Halo or Quake. You don't get into 10-15 second duels with people. You spot someone, you open fire, they die nearly instantly. It's hide and go seek writ large.

Anyway, that's a lot of words. Cod's a tough game to play well, and every year we get a new cod with new maps and a new of gun/perk/streak balance and people suffer as they have to relearn the map flow and what sorts of builds are effective.

Best advice, play with friends and relax doing stupid shit. If you want to improve your game otherwise, look for some quality streams on twitch and see how the solid players play. Don't look up cherry picked youtube videos, a handful of amazing games can come from hours of mediocre footage (e.g., I have a back to back double loki video clipped that came from a night of play where I'm sure I had plenty of 20-20 rounds and lots of dying around it). See how they play moment to moment - what builds they use, where they move on any given map in any given game mode, etcetc.

edit: And turn your sens down. Only time high sens is a good idea is if you're using kontrol freex or your aim is stellar. High sens lets you spin fast up close, but it harms your mid to long range accuracy, which you need to do well. Aiming up close is easy either way, and spinning 180 will save you/get you some kills occasionally, but not as many as the kills you'll lose from poor aim at a distance, imo anyway!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Meh, this game, if it wasn't something I played with friends I would just stop playing MP entirely.

Everything is so janky, we say it every time but this has to be the worst spawns in a CoD yet, I spawned behind and around the corner of the guy that shot me, who then spawned around the corner behind me. Squad points or whatever really suck as an unlock system just generally, almost no room to try out weapons in a real world environment unless you pick them up.

This active operations nonsense is basically shit, why can I only have so many going at the same time, I really don't understand that decision at all considering the games before this managed to do all of them at the same time just fine.

As everyone is saying the maps are too big for the number of players moving around them, I spent half a match just running around trying to find someone to shoot the other day to just be shot in the ass by someone who spawned in a room I just ran through.

The game is just one frustrating experience after another at this point.

Probably extremely happy, the mass indifference to Ghosts leaves a huge hole for Respawn to fill with Titanfall. IW/Acti's laziness is a gift to Respawn.
Ghosts should have been the game that shined the brightest in the series and locked down the fanbase so they were buying map packs in March and not Titanfall.
..but it's not.

TitanFall as it is isn't going to be the next CoD simply because it isn't going to be on every platform going, not only will it miss the potential install base of 80m PS3 players that don't move to next-gen as quickly as the rest, but it won't become the default FPS on next-gen either because it wont be on PS4.

I expect it to do well, but it won't be the next CoD, next Gears maybe, but I can't see it being the next CoD when you miss out what is now such a large chunk of the potential player base that does play CoD.

gogogow

So god damn dumb.

They are locked. A lot of 2 and 3 slots perks are locked. They will be unlocked once you level up.

Victrix

*beard*
They are locked. A lot of 2 and 3 slots perks are locked. They will be unlocked once you level up.

Not what he means - you can buy ANY perk with squad points at ANY level.

The only thing leveling does for you is unlock certain perks for 'free'. Otherwise you can use squad points to unlock every single thing in the game at level 1 (indeed, I do just this when I hit a new soldier after prestiging).

You can earn squad points by earning xp, leveling, completing field orders, and completing operations. There might be some others, not sure, but I know those all work.

If you cycle through easy operations, complete them, then reset operations, you can earn a lot of SP easily, enough to unlock everything you care about fast. If you don't give a shit about prestiging, you can unlock everything on one soldier pretty easily.

Metfanant

WEIRD issue that is only effecting multiplayer on PS4, and i dont think it was happening until last night....

if im moving around the map and i stop moving, objects (walls, crates, anything really) that are in the immediate foreground seem to "shake" back and forth for a frame or two...it seems like it could be a random issue with like a frame worth of lag...but just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar??

like i said...doesn't happen during the campaign at all...and i dont remember it happening until last night/today

The only thing leveling does for you is unlock certain perks for 'free'. Otherwise you can use squad points to unlock every single thing in the game at level 1 (indeed, I do just this when I hit a new soldier after prestiging).

You can earn squad points by earning xp, leveling, completing field orders, and completing operations. There might be some others, not sure, but I know those all work.

If you cycle through easy operations, complete them, then reset operations, you can earn a lot of SP easily, enough to unlock everything you care about fast. If you don't give a shit about prestiging, you can unlock everything on one soldier pretty easily.

This is you right? (Well 4 years ago)

http://www.twitch.tv/evilgamer/c/230215

And if you're on 360 or One, we should party up sometime.

A6M3

Banned
Idk if its just me or this game got a little better after update... im not going as crazy as I was playing it on launch week.... are the servers up?

Hip Hop

WEIRD issue that is only effecting multiplayer on PS4, and i dont think it was happening until last night....

if im moving around the map and i stop moving, objects (walls, crates, anything really) that are in the immediate foreground seem to "shake" back and forth for a frame or two...it seems like it could be a random issue with like a frame worth of lag...but just wondering if anyone else has seen something similar??

like i said...doesn't happen during the campaign at all...and i dont remember it happening until last night/today

It is the same thing I've experienced in every single COD starting from the first one on PC. I really don't know what it is but it usually happens after a death and it just goes away. It's so subtle too, like you have to stop moving to notice it.

Also, does that confirm they've been using the same engine since COD 1?

Newlove

Yeah! There's no fucking firefights it's absolutely insane. It's just move, die, move, die, move, die, move, die. And you're always getting killed by someone you had barely any vision of, from behind, from weird angles, through walls, or whatever the fuck. Beyond frustrating.

Only way to get a decent K/D is to camp and pre-aim, which is more boring than watching paint dry.

Agreed. I could have a huge rant about how the game is designed to make everything ridiculously hard for a skilled player. To quickly summarise, IW's idea of balance is everyone equalling out in kills/deaths. The map design is made to have 3 or more angles you can't cover at every single turn, meaning you are very likely to get killed by the place you aren't looking. I ask myself why? Why design maps like this? Because IW do everything they can to squash skill gap disparity.

It isn't a bad decision of awareness if you die most of the time, its because you can't physically keep everything covered. I'm trading the game in on PS4. I won a copy of the game on 360 but its so disappointing and a lazy effort in my opinion. I don't want to sway people enjoying it with this, fair play to you.

IISANDERII

We were playing Kill Confirmed and we were winning but the clan total for wins wasn't increasing. Instead, the total wins for the 1st place team was going down. Weird, not sure if it's supposed to work like that. Same thing was happening in Blitz so we switched to Crank.
I noticed our wins were subtracting a bit for TDM also.

Crank was normal. I think we have 18 wins and 1st place has 24 or so.

Thank you, Victrix. Definitely going to keep everything you said in mind. Definitely the best advice for someone to improve their game. And thanks for spending the time to write all that, I'm very grateful.

gogogow

That I did not know. They seriously didn't explain shit lol. The customization system in Ghosts must be the most confusing one from all CODs.

Top Bottom