• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

Toa TAK

Banned
Nah multiplayer of BO3 was better than Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare, Ghosts. Basically current gen COD's.

Campaign however was terrible including the Zombies.

tumblr_o52wkeUc7U1r4r1eko1_500.gif

Gorillaz

Can't wait, I guess it's not realistic to hope for a MW2 remaster since it's Sledgehammer.

MW2 will be remastered for the 10 year anniversary most likely. Which will fall with IW's next release.

There is no way that abomination of a shooter will miss being remastered.

kuYuri

I would have preferred AW2, but either way I'm taking a bit of a break from CoD and won't pick this up until sometime after launch.

Now that twice Activision has subverted expectations by not greenlighting sequels to a previous CoD game that could have easily received a sequel from a particular studio, the next setting is pretty much fair game at this point.

Also, IW's multiplayer > BO3's multiplayer. Come at me.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BLOPS 3 is easily one of the worst shooters I have ever played. I will never buy another Treyarch game again. It's SO BAD.

That said I'm lookin' forward to this one!

Toa TAK

Banned
To be fair I don't think Shadows of Evil was a great starting map... Der Eisendrachte was the goat tho.

Oh FOR SURE.

That's not at all the map to make a good first impression for new players, but funny enough at the same time, it was the perfect map that set the tone for how the rest of the season would play out.

Der Eisendrache, Revelations (and The Giant of course) are great maps for less skilled players.

Tapejara

Was it just me or was anyone else a big fan of CoD Ghost's Aliens?

The Zombies stuff never matched it for me...

I've been singing Extinction mode's praises for a while now. Easily the best part of Ghosts, and I was disappointed it was dropped in favour of more zombies in Infinite Warfare.

Beefy

The "World War 2" era was basically 1999 to 2007/2008.

We've had a longer period of time with futuristic and modern shooters. I don't understand how the WW2 fatigue can still exist!

I skipped as soon as they went to the future stuff. I get some people are into that, but that isn't my thing.

Toa TAK

Banned
Was it just me or was anyone else a big fan of CoD Ghost's Aliens?

The Zombies stuff never matched it for me...

I was never into it myself, but I would love to see the mode come back just to give it another chance myself and spare the COD series of 3 zombie modes since it's clear the OGs at Treyarch are the only ones who can consistently knock it out of the park (with a dip in Black Ops 2, I'd argue).

BigEmil

Dude it was way too hard and convoluted in BO3 igot the Season Pass for it tried all the Zombies maps not one is good except Giants.

Infinite Warfare zombies went back to its more simplistic roots and the map and all was great, well atleast the first map. The DLC zombie maps in IW was terrible
Ya'll going to hate me.

Ghosts > Infinite Warfare > Black Ops 3 > Advanced Warfare.
Bruh, can't agree at all there

BO3 > AW > Ghosts > IW

For Multiplayer

Isn't the one of the ways to look at how many people beat or played the campaigns is by looking at the percentages of people that received the achievements/trophies? Usually percentages is given when checking them.

Hoodbury

I've been singing Extinction mode's praises for a while now. Easily the best part of Ghosts, and I was disappointed it was dropped in favour of more zombies in Infinite Warfare.

Ya I had a lot of fun with Extinction mode in Ghosts. I've never really been good at Zombies, can get to mid teen waves but then haven't figured out how to progress past that. Extinction mode I could beat and got pretty good at it.

IW would have been perfect to continue the alien theme, being in space and all.

jelly

I've only played Black Ops zombies and I don't get it. Nothing much happens, feels like I'm going round in circles with better weapons if I survive that long.

Kalentan

Dude it was way too hard and convoluted in BO3. I got the Season Pass for it tried all the Zombies maps not one is good except Giants.

Infinite Warfare zombies went back to its more simplistic roots and the map and all was great, well atleast the first map. The DLC zombie maps in IW was terrible

What? Rave and Shuffle are great.

Call of Duty is partnered with Playstation. Andrew House basically said that Black Ops 3 and after would all be partnered with Playstation. So until they say differently Microsoft isn't marketing Call of Duty for a while.

I think Microsoft's deal with Activision lasted for about 6 years. No idea on whether that was due to install base, money paid out, or a combination of both. But yeah, CoD most likely won't partner with Xbox again for at least this generation.

venom2124

That sounds like someone who has stock in Activision. :D
After this holiday season, I'll probably wish I did have stock in them. I honestly feel those will be the biggest 2 games of the year. Throw red dead 2 in the top 3 but I have my doubts about that releasing this year.

Lol, I just posted in the rumor thread. But I will say it again, all I want is the pacific theater to shoot imperials. Wolfenstein will cover nazi butchering.

Toa TAK

Banned
Dude it was way too hard and convoluted in BO3 igot the Season Pass for it tried all the Zombies maps not one is good except Giants.

If anything, the DLC has made the mode a little better.

People, you do know you can still just run and gun in this game mode, right?

That's never changed.

Dabi

AW had a stronger campaign than BOPS III but a weaker MP, while the MP was stronger than IW but the campaign was weaker.

Overall, AW was a great game. Just give me a return to form WAW or BOPS I zombie mode along with a campaign and MP that they've shown they're capable of and I'll be over the moon.

jmaine_ph

Infinite Warfare has the best Campaign this gen.

BO3 has the best multiplayer this gen.

COD WW2 will top both of those 😏

Are you upset that it was revealed today instead of this weekend? Confused by your post. Or did you mean you thought there'd be a trailer this weekend?

Marty Sliva said something akin to "big announcement happening over the weekend." While I supposed the game has technically just been announced, he and Jason made it sound like more was happening this weekend. The real reveal isn't until like Wednesday though. Lmao I'm not upset

Toa TAK

Banned
I've only played Black Ops zombies and I don't get it. Nothing much happens, feels like I'm going round in circles with better weapons if I survive that long.

Grab some friends and give the side quests a go.

If you're looking for an actual challenge.

mazillion

I kinda expected a big reveal that it's WWII... that's it??
A webpage with the title and a countdown?
They're just going to spoil that it's WWII before their own reveal?

I feel like if this didn't leak the website wouldn't have had the WWII logo or the picture of the solider.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

If the MP is just like CoD 2 but with sprint, I'll be eternally grateful.

But who am I kidding? We're gonna get an overstuffed MP experience as always. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow involved machines and weaponry that are entirely made up.

😔

EDIT: They usually unveil the Singleplayer first, right? If so, guess I'll have to wait to be disappointed.

Tapejara

Ya I had a lot of fun with Extinction mode in Ghosts. I've never really been good at Zombies, can get to mid teen waves but then haven't figured out how to progress past that. Extinction mode I could beat and got pretty good at it.

IW would have been perfect to continue the alien theme, being in space and all.

Same, I enjoyed Extinction because you were constantly moving forward. You clear out an area and then keep progressing until you reach your goal (set the nuke/defeat the boss alien). I found it much more engaging than the Zombies structure of surviving waves in an arena-style map. I've got nothing against Zombies, but the way Extinction was structured appealed to me much more.

jmaine_ph

I feel like if this didn't leak the website wouldn't have had the WWII logo or the picture of the solider.

These days companies try to control their own narrative and get ahead of leaks and stuff like this. That's probably why they did this.

Falchion

Everybody has already been reporting this so it wouldn't really be a surprise anyways.

Hoodbury

Marty Sliva said something akin to "big announcement happening over the weekend." While I supposed the game has technically just been announced, he and Jason made it sound like more was happening this weekend. The real reveal isn't until like Wednesday though. Lmao I'm not upset

Ah, I think someone said a couple pages back that a teaser might happen this weekend for the trailer. Not sure if that was their speculation or they know that was happening though. Either way, ya a little more than confirmation of the title would have been nice today.

strafer

My guess is the reveal will be a CGI trailer with info and then we will get some gameplay and more info at E3 this year.

jorgejjvr

For multiplayer and zombies? Sure

For their single player?

Nope. Not after BO3's. How you go from Black Ops 2's campaign to 3's is a goddamn mystery to me.
That was only 1 so so campaign

And its all about the MP anyways

Save us next year Treyarch

Don't have high hopes after advance warfare

To be fair, I think the WWII setting has been spoiled for quite some time now. Not sure if they always planned to have this countdown though.

Daffy Duck

My guess is the reveal will be a CGI trailer with info and then we will get some gameplay and more info at E3 this year.

Nah, we'll get a stylish single player campaign trailer showing us the world and setting and weapons. Then there will be a short 5-10 second clip of multiplayer after the credits roll telling us when the game will release.

Then we'll get 1,000+ YouTube videos breaking down that 5-10 seconds with theories and all sorts.

No wall jumping, or sliding, or any other bs. Just straight run and gun.
Also I know it won't but a switch version would be nice.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2F10-funniest-gif-trends-of-2011%2FzQLMZ.gif

Nope.

Top Bottom