• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

The "World War 2" era was basically 1999 to 2007/2008.

We've had a longer period of time with futuristic and modern shooters. I don't understand how the WW2 fatigue can still exist!

You can be more unique with futuristic settings since it is a very broad genre. WW2 setting is very specific. You could be unique about it, however, most developers and publishers almost always opt for the Allies western perspective and end up playing the same areas over and over again. Very rarely that they put you in a more unique perspective. Playing Americans, British, and sometimes the Polish, Canadians, and Russians is very, very common. Hopefully, they do something that is more interesting, but I think they might still get praised even if they hug close to common WW2 game themes. It would be different in this generation.

Also the same weapons are repeatedly used. For some it got very old and not something to go back to.

With the way that the COD developers did the futuristic setting; I can see why people are sour one it. The increased mobility possibly did not work for the formula of extremely fast kill times. You get ambushed far too often and have no time to react before you die; makes many encounters too unpredictable.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love this. I haven't had a good experience with World War games in a long time. My most memorable being MoH Frontline. Other than that I really enjoyed MW and Black Ops. AW was good, but I have been missing a very good theater of war and not a bunch of small proxy battles.

I didn't really like the last two CoD games (BO3 and IW), so this is great. I'd love to take a break from futuristic war games. Especially when you can go all out with sound and graphics.

Toa TAK

Banned
Nah, we'll get a stylish single player campaign trailer showing us the world and setting and weapons. Then there will be a short 5-10 second clip of multiplayer after the credits roll telling us when the game will release.

Then we'll get 1,000+ YouTube videos breaking down that 5-10 seconds with theories and all sorts.

Every

Single

Time

wenaldy

Eugh, I've had enough with western front, how about some chindits action in Burma? MoH Rising Sun captured the battle nicely (not in realistic manner however). Some forgotten battle in SP campaign would be cool.

jmaine_ph

My guess is the reveal will be a CGI trailer with info and then we will get some gameplay and more info at E3 this year.

Yea if it's anything like last year it'll be in-game footage but not gameplay and then at E3 we will get campaign gameplay. MP at COD XP event later this year

Ensoul

I was mainly making fun of people seriously saying Activision made this directly as a response to BF1. Its ridiculous.

Ahh, I such as picking up sarcasm lol.

Surprised at the hate BO3 is getting. Love that game and I still play it to this day.

Basketball

My best friend is a WW2 nut

He's going to cry hearing this

I'm glad people are getting tired of this future shit with wall runs/exo suits and jet packs.

Hate cod though but can't wait til Dice does ww2

Roufianos

Meh. I'm sick of the wall running but I'd have much preferred a game in a modern setting. Fighting ISIS or something. That was COD at its best.

Box art

C99MYehWAAAtD4Z

C99ONwEXsAATNEL

Unknown?

You can be more unique with futuristic settings since it is a very broad genre. WW2 setting is very specific. You could be unique about it, however, most developers and publishers almost always opt for the Allies western perspective and end up playing the same areas over and over again. Very rarely that they put you in a more unique perspective. Playing Americans, British, and sometimes the Polish, Canadians, and Russians is very, very common. Hopefully, they do something that is more interesting, but I think they might still get praised even if they hug close to common WW2 game themes. It would be different in this generation.

Also the same weapons are repeatedly used. For some it got very old and not something to go back to.

With the way that the COD developers did the futuristic setting; I can see why people are sour one it. The increased mobility possibly did not work for the formula of extremely fast kill times. You get ambushed far too often and have no time to react before you die; makes many encounters too unpredictable.

So how about have a part that focuses on how Native Americans helped in ww2. That's not cliche.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If there's jet packs I'm done. Just can't deal with that mess anymore.

Don't worry too much, I've been searching for signs of mech suits in WWII and came up empty, so, maybe Jet Packs would be the worst possible. LOL.

OR

They've learned their lesson about too much twitch shooting jumping action. We shall see.

Top Bottom