• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty WW2 reveal 26 april, website up [UPDATE: Leaked screenshots]

nstine

Why is it interesting? I imagine every site will be saying the same thing.

Well, Sony has had the COD partnership for this gen, but there isn't any mention from them about COD WWII's reveal (at least not that I've seen). Just interesting seeing an article about it on Xbox.

Hux1ey

Banned
It can appeal to younger folks maybe but do you know how much games we had about WW2 ? Enough for a lifetime...

I played almost all of them and I want WW2 to make a come back.

TBH I still go back and play Allied Assault every now and then.

greenmind

Banned
I am pretty hyped to see this trailer... I hope the engine has some sort of destruction element in the levels like Battlefield.

Now all I need is Bad Company 3 to be announced.. =)

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Valtýr;234403015 said:
I hate the name, honestly. It feels like they think we're stupid.

Well, better than just straight doing the "reboot-not-a-reboot" naming fad and just call it Call of Duty.

Gorillaz

I definitely am over the WW2 era of shooters since growing up that's literally all that was out other then halo. I hope the layout is like this

IW Future
Sledge Past
Treyarch Present

3 games back to back of the same era will kill it.The same fatigue that happeend with future stuff will happen with WW2 Especially WW2 because it's been done so many times.

ch4fx_

Microtransactions + loot boxes be damned, sign me the fuck up. PUT ME IN COACH!!

Been looking forward to another WW1/WW2 COD for years, hopefully this delivers.

Who plays cod for the campaign? It's mostly for the multiplayer and the zombies eh if the starting first free zombie map is good then it's worthy like IW that one was pretty good, BO3's zombies was terrible

I literally only play CoD for the campaigns. I've maybe spent 30m in total playing the multiplayer. The campaigns tend to be really well executed.

Well, Sony has had the COD partnership for this gen, but there isn't any mention from them about COD WWII's reveal (at least not that I've seen). Just interesting seeing an article about it on Xbox.

They've retweeted the announcement and posted about it on their Facebook page.

farisr

Well here you go then:
c9eq26bxuaan7rktvrxd.jpg

Timed exclusive DLC mention for PS4 at the top right.

Nvzman

Lawl. Not even true. Treyarch basically killed their trust with the fucking abysmal BO3 campaign and Infinity Ward has actually gained a lot of points for its great SP with IW and has been a lot of cool community stuff.

Treyarch is super overrated.

You do realize very few of the actual bulk of CoD players keep playing for Campaign, right?

Multiplayer-wise, IW and Sledgehammer's games have been absolute shit since 2011. Which is what everyone else but GAF cares about. Like BO3's campaign wasn't good but that doesn't it stop it from getting 7,000 players on Steam as apposed to IW's sub 2,000, or like how BO3 had maintained several hundred thousands of players on consoles, where IW is barely active in comparison.

Campaign is the most insignificant part about CoD, and that's absolutely proven by it's playerbase. And yeah, going by MP, Treyarch is the only one that makes a good multiplayer mode anymore.

Kalentan

I definitely am over the WW2 era of shooters since growing up that's literally all that was out other then halo. I hope the layout is like this

IW Future
Sledge Past
Treyarch Present

3 games back to back of the same era will kill it.The same fatigue that happeend with future stuff will happen with WW2 Especially WW2 because it's been done so many times.

This right here. It's the smartest thing to do. All the devs going back to the past or present would fucking suck. With having it as you said, would lend it to far more variety and would mean no era needs to "vanish" since none of them would be swamped.

Toa TAK

Banned
Lawl. Not even true. Treyarch basically killed their trust with the fucking abysmal BO3 campaign and Infinity Ward has actually gained a lot of points for its great SP with IW and has been a lot of cool community stuff.
Very true.

Treyarch is super overrated.
Very false.
Yep. BO3 was awful all around.
Not even. I don't care for advanced booting, jetpacks, etc. movement in multiplayer, but as a sorta-Titanfall lite Black Ops 3 does it the best out of AW, BO3, and IW.

Zombies is also the best it's been, too. Infinite Warfare's zombies is decent at best but is a step below what Treyarch delivered with their season.

But yeah, there's no defending their shit campaign. That killed a lot of trust on that front.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I like the art a whole lot better. Perhaps the deviation from "guy with gun looking right" signals that they're actually thinking this one might need to be different.

dreamfall

I made the mistake of getting IW on PC for MWR. I'm never getting a COD game for multiplayer there again - ghost towns on all fronts. Having BO2 on XBO has been a dream.

opricnik

Banned
You do realize very few of the actual bulk of CoD players keep playing for Campaign, right?

Multiplayer-wise, IW and Sledgehammer's games have been absolute shit since 2011. Which is what everyone else but GAF cares about. Like BO3's campaign wasn't good but that doesn't it stop it from getting 7,000 players on Steam as apposed to IW's sub 2,000, or like how BO3 had maintained several hundred thousands of players on consoles, where IW is barely active in comparison.

Campaign is the most insignificant part about CoD, and that's absolutely proven by it's playerbase. And yeah, going by MP, Treyarch is the only one that makes a good multiplayer mode anymore.

You realize what you said have no backup data and we seen a lot people in middle east alone play CoD for campaign

shanafan

Multiplayer-wise, IW and Sledgehammer's games have been absolute shit since 2011. Which is what everywhere else but GAF cares about. Like BO3's campaign wasn't good but that doesn't it stop it from getting 7,000 players on Steam as apposed to IW's sub 2,000, or like how BO3 had maintained several hundred thousands of players on consoles, where IW is barely active in comparison.

Not sure about the IW comments. I play IW on both PC and PS4, and the PC community is active during the day for sure. At night, different story. Don't even try to play IW DLC on PC.

But on PS4, everything is fine. Always can get into a DLC match, and popular game types. Barely active? Not at all.

Eggbok

I feel like with the Scorpio reveal they should've put a lot of money into having that marketing deal...

Call of Duty is partnered with Playstation. Andrew House basically said that Black Ops 3 and after would all be partnered with Playstation. So until they say differently Microsoft isn't marketing Call of Duty for a while.

Not even. I don't care for advanced booting, jetpacks, etc. movement in multiplayer, but as a sorta-Titanfall lite Black Ops 3 does it the best out of AW, BO3, and IW.

Zombies is also the best it's been, too. Infinite Warfare's zombies is decent at best but is a step below what Treyarch delivered with their season.

But yeah, there's no defending their shit campaign. That killed a lot of trust on that front.

They really haven't lost my trust over the campaign. It certainly wasn't good, but it seemed like more of a misstep than them no longer knowing how to make campaigns. The focus on wider levels and co-op centric mission design is what really brought that down.

Kalentan

They really haven't lost my trust over the campaign. It certainly wasn't good, but it seemed like more of a misstep than them no longer knowing how to make campaigns. The focus on wider levels and co-op centric mission design is what really brought that down.

It wasn't just the level design either. The character and story writing shit the bed as well.

shanafan

Nah multiplayer of BO3 was better than Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare, Ghosts. Basically current gen COD's.

Campaign however was terrible including the Zombies.

I will have always have a nice soft spot for Ghosts. I really enjoyed a number of the maps in the game, and the Michael Myers perk in the Fog map was amazing. When that music kicked in.. so awesome.

Hoodbury

I thought the IGN GameScoop tease and Jason Schreier on GAF insinuated that this would be revealed this weekend?

Are you upset that it was revealed today instead of this weekend? Confused by your post. Or did you mean you thought there'd be a trailer this weekend?

I didn't realize people hated BLOPS 3 so much. I didn't finish the campaign but enjoyed the multiplayer. The gameplay for zombies was cool but it felt like they put so much stuff in them that it was impossible to complete. I wouldn't say it was the worse COD, though. Can't wait for WWII!

Gaz_RB

Really interested in what they do with this one. I always wondered how they'd walk it back if they ever decided to move away from the futuristic stuff. Will we still somehow have ridiculous skins and abilities? How different will the combat be now that the amount of gadgets is so in incredibly limited compared to the most recent games?

More interested in knowing this kind of stuff than actually playing the game tbh.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
How many future war stuff have we had? Enough for a lifetime...

The "World War 2" era was basically 1999 to 2007/2008.

We've had a longer period of time with futuristic and modern shooters. I don't understand how the WW2 fatigue can still exist!

Tagyhag

Honestly, the thing I'm hyped the most for is a super immersive and good looking Omaha Beach landing, which assuming by those promotional shots will be a part of the game.

Haven't had one like that since Allied Assault (Which was ACES, especially with mods).

Kalentan

I didn't realize people hated BLOPS 3 so much. I didn't finish the campaign but enjoyed the multiplayer. The gameplay for zombies was cool but it felt like they put so much stuff in them that it was impossible to complete. I wouldn't say it was the worse COD, though. Can't wait for WWII!

I mean I thought the MP and Zombies was fine but that campaign was just so bad. First CoD campaign I didn't beat the first weekend. Held it off for so long.

Charcoal

Thankfully we do have a product for those who want a futuristic Call of Duty. It's called Infinite Warfare.

Looking forward to the reveal.

Top Bottom