• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Election 2011: Blue ocean, orange crush, and a red tide washed out to sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey You

Like I was saying a couple of months ago in the Canada gaming discussion thread, we need a CanGaf OT where we can discuss anything. I may just want to quickly make a comment on something small happening in politics or something.

Heck the gaming discussion thread could be merged with such a thread.

TheExodu5

Banned
As far as I'm aware the Canadian deals thread is open to such discussion, hence why it's named "Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Like I was saying a couple of months ago in the Canada gaming discussion thread, we need a CanGaf OT where we can discuss anything. I may just want to quickly make a comment on something small happening in politics or something.

Heck the gaming discussion thread could be merged with such a thread.

Well, Toronto, Vancouver and Quebec all have their own 'OT's. I think dividing it in that nature is a lot better, because it allows for discussion on local issues and we can still delve into national topics. If you want to make a Canadian Poli thread, it might not be a terrible idea, but just a big Canada thread won't have as much play as the local ones.
And it'll just end up being about how everyone in Canada hates Toronto

So get on it instead of complaining about it. :p

SickBoy

I think there really is room for a Canada GAF thread. It would probably make the deals thread a better place :)

EDIT: City-specific OTs aren't really going to catch a Canada-wide perspective on politics or national issues, but they have their place. I don't give a damn about Rob Ford, for example.

And if the people of Toronto only want to discuss national issues only in their little insular box, so be it. Centre of the universe and all ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom