• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

NYR

Man, I wish EB games was doing a "trade one for $50 off" xbox one like they are for the ps4, would jump on that in a second., still trying to find the best deal. May simply trade in 3 >$8 games for $60 off.

Magnus

ATTN: Toronto

Staples at Yonge and Adelaide still has the following consoles new on clearance:

PS3 super slim 12gb x2 ($130)
Wii U 32gb Deluxe x1 ($230)
Nintendo 3DS OG Red x1 ($100)

All of them are core units, no games bundled in.

Go go!

i-Jest

Was briefly mentioned two pages back but more info is nice.

Oh. Looks like I might get my TLOU copy from Amazon tomorrow. Hopefully UPS won't screw it up for me lol

edit:
Haha. Sony giving some love for Canada.

14558236737_1bca3afd31_z.jpg

Has anyone here been to Playdium in Mississauga? I am going there on Wednesday with my family. I went there about 5 or so years ago, but I believe I mostly played ticket games and got my ass kicked by some dude in Street Fighter. I think I also played Tank Tank Tank and it glitched out and stole my credits :( Anyways, are there any good deals? I know there is a 4 hour all you can play pass starting at 3, but one of the people I am going with don't want to stay that late, but I can try to convince them. Any recommended games? I assume the better games are the ones that don't give out tickets.

soultron

Banned
Has anyone here been to Playdium in Mississauga? I am going there on Wednesday with my family. I went there about 5 or so years ago, but I believe I mostly played ticket games and got my ass kicked by some dude in Street Fighter. I think I also played Tank Tank Tank and it glitched out and stole my credits :( Anyways, are there any good deals? I know there is a 4 hour all you can play pass starting at 3, but one of the people I am going with don't want to stay that late, but I can try to convince them. Any recommended games? I assume the better games are the ones that don't give out tickets.

Time Crisis 2. Play nothing else.

I think Diablo III was $20 a couple months ago when Reaper of Souls was released. Maybe there will be a sale/price drop when the Ultimate Edition is out.

Grab a friend and play co-op. Arcades aren't the same anymore with today's video games, but Time Crisis is still the best light-gun experience out there.

khaaan

You can get a 2-hour all you can play pass for $22. Not really a good deal since it's the same price as the 4 hour deal but it is what it is. I haven't been in a while but it had a mix of the arcade usual. Light gun games, racers, fighters, and a few of those weirder machines. I know they had Mario Kart a while ago and someone told me that they recently put in Sonic Racing but I'm not sure which one.

So apparently TLOU is $54.99 in the Target system today, and they said it may come down to $44.99 tomorrow, and if not, I can try to speak with a manager.

I'm considering just PMing at Walmart tomorrow to avoid any BS like Target's last deal. If TLOU won't count, they shouldn't say "Any PS4 game" or at least have some fine print saying "New releases are excluded".

Returners

Looking for a PC copy of Diablo 3. Any help would be appreciated. Seems to be 40 bucks no matter where you go

Nah, it was 20 bucks sometime last month along with Starcraft 2 and Heart of the Swarm.

Be patient, it'll hit 20 again, especially with the console versions coming next month, would be a good time to check flyers.

Zing

Banned
Any suggestions on where to get decent poster frames? I want to frame my Club Nintendo Animal Crossing posters. They are 22x28". I checked the usual places (Walmart, target, michaels) but these stores only carry plain black plastic frames. I want some colour. Ikea doesn't sell frames of that size.

So apparently TLOU is $54.99 in the Target system today, and they said it may come down to $44.99 tomorrow, and if not, I can try to speak with a manager.

I'm considering just PMing at Walmart tomorrow to avoid any BS like Target's last deal. If TLOU won't count, they shouldn't say "Any PS4 game" or at least have some fine print saying "New releases are excluded".

Awww for fuck's sake... That's bullshit. Also, don't you mean 39.99$? How hard it is to get a manager to solve a situation like that at Target?

I will probably give a try, but I will not exclusively play a single light-gun game xD

You can get a 2-hour all you can play pass for $22. Not really a good deal since it's the same price as the 4 hour deal but it is what it is. I haven't been in a while but it had a mix of the arcade usual. Light gun games, racers, fighters, and a few of those weirder machines. I know they had Mario Kart a while ago and someone told me that they recently put in Sonic Racing but I'm not sure which one.

If we get an all you can play pass, we will get the 4 hour one. If we only stay for 3, it is still better than the 2 hour pass. By weirder machines do you mean games like TanK! Tank! Tank!? I will probably try a bunch, especially with an unlimited pass. Mario Kart would be nice; despite their quality, I have wamted to try the arcade versions.

XBP

Just a heads up for those interested I just picked up Saints Row IV National Treasure Edition, comes with all the dlc, at Wal-Mart for $20. I think they got confused because of the Greatest Hits (PS3)/Platinum Hits (360) box and thought it was the standard edition. Amazon is selling it for $30, currently out of stock, as well as EB Games. Best Buy and Futureshop don't seem to carry it according to their site.

FlRnFOT

Went to a nearby walmart but couldn't find this version. They only had the commander in chief edition for 20$.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but Best Buy has a promotion of PS4 + Infamous Second Son for 449$ going on. Ends July 31st.

Sealtest

Would Walmart price match the Target flyer? They usually do.

if you mean the $15 off it's ymmv. Some will do it but then some will say since the ad doesn't show the picture of the game or the price they won't. I was able 2 use it for knack and killzone, my friend on the other hand with a different person was not.

if you mean the $15 off it's ymmv. Some will do it but then some will say since the ad doesn't show the picture of the game or the price they won't. I was able 2 use it for knack and killzone, my friend on the other hand with a different person was not.

Well luckily for us, TLOU shows a photo and price really close to the deal and it does say "Any PS4 game". :p

So instead of dropping the price back to $400 is Sony just going to keep bundling the PS4 at $400 + cost of game?

It's somewhat in line with their PS3 and Vita retail playbooks: don't drop the price, bundle. The only difference here is that Sony actually raised the price of the PS4 before refusing to drop it.

It's somewhat in line with their PS3 and Vita retail playbooks: don't drop the price, bundle. The only difference here is that Sony actually raised the price of the PS4 before refusing to drop it.

Im not complaining although I am worried about how much I'm going to actually like Destiny so many mixed reports.

terrible

Banned
Not always true. I got my PS4 a day early.
I was only speaking for myself, i understand not everyone gets their stuff late. Halo 4 was a couple days late. Link Between Worlds was late but I don't remember how late. My PS4 was 4 days late. I live in Toronto so I don't live in the middle of nowhere either. Shipping times should be good. BB wouldn't even let me cancel my order since they charged me on Friday. Can't lie, I'm mad lol.

Rbk_3

Well game wise, I have never gotten the handful I ordered online on release day. I'm in Waterloo, but I have seen something at least come on release day> I was sure I wasn't going to get the PS4 until the following Monday,

So is there a way to get BB to drop the price on TLoU pre-order from E3? Do I have to call them? Looks like it was $48.99, my CC has been charged but not seeing shipping info yet. It's in the same order as 3 other games. Any info would be appreciated.

Top Bottom