• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

khaaan

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Pricing Still In Transit
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Has it shipped for anyone?
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Multiply by 1.14

Edit: Post 20001, woo!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: We'd still be on thread 4 if Firestorm didn't blow his load early with thread 2

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Yellow Snow and Red Flags

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: NeoGAF.ca

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Sorry For Your Shipping Delay

Anyone who bought the BestBuy Cyber Monday PayPal deal for the $299 WiiU + 3D World + Mario Kart 8 + Amiibo... did your orders ship yet? Mine has been in 'processing limbo' since I ordered it last week. I've never ordered with BB or PayPal before so I'm worried I won't get this stuff before Xmas...

I received the shipping notice yesterday; and the Canada Post tracking site had activity today. It is shipping from the western warehouse instead of the eastern one, so my expected delivery date is the end of this week.

Luigi87

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Best Buy x Canada Post is the OTP

?

'cause y'all keep shippin different retailers and couriers and it seems we can start the arguments off strong with which husbandos and waifus we like best.

Also good note about highlighting new deals which I'll include in new OP. Anything else?

Oh and real talk: this new courier Amazon.ca uses (Dynamex?) is shit.

Oh.. I get it! Shipping talk!

Lexxism

If someone is desperate to get Marth, Villager and WFT amiibo, you can get those three at nippon-yasan. It's currently in-stock and you can get the three + cheapest shipping for 5,768¥

Sorry it's OT, but I'd like to get some opinions.

What would be fair to ask for an aqua blue original 3DS in perfect condition/used sparingly? I'm thinking about selling mine before getting a New 3DS.

It is an Ambassador one, but I'd prefer to wipe it before selling it.

Shipping lol. That's your first mistake. Get it from Best Buy and get them to price match. They'll do it for anyone nowadays. Only chumps get it shipped.

On that note, no more shipping based OT suggestions.

Fularu

Banned
Well it was a price drop in the sense that the price for the game dropped from their price. This happened last year to people with Tropical Freeze I believe, too. I'm pretty sure they put in the fine print that the deal won't adapt to lower prices in the future.

And as for them artificially pricing things at high placeholder prices, there are numerous reasons why that would never happen. Customers are dumb, but not so dumb as to let that slide.

I mean, in my mind I ordered a fuckton of games at E3, and ended up saving a fuckton of money in the process. None of us were contacting Amazon during E3 and letting them know when their system was clearly fucked up and giving us a wayyyyy better deal than we should have been getting. So who am I to get all pissy that a game dropped in price, to a price that I was already happy getting it at anyway? Who gives a shit? Not a priority, not worth the time to me. Some people though, have plenty of time, and if that's the case, then by all means call and get your $8 back. If the Mortal Kombat X i ordered at $48 drops to $29.99 before release, I'll be happy as a pig in shit! I was already happy paying the $48, but extra savings? Great! But I'm not going to get all pissy at Future Shop for not giving me an EXTRA ten dollars off!

It's life, you win some you lose some.
It's your right as a customer to be perfectly fine beeing screwed up.

Edit : As for raising prices, they did it with Persona Q CE

Any retailers doing anything that compares to the American BestBuy's "buy two get one free" deal?

otherwise, i might need to buy a few games from the US.

i-Jest

Are you sure it's Walmart? Its TRU in the US so more likely the same in Canada. Who knows though

I'm not sure actually. I heard it through word of mouth here on NeoGAF. Definitely take it with a measure of salt. It would make sense for the Canadian side or retail to follow their American counter parts.

I-hate-u

What's the likelihood of getting a better ps4 deal this boxing day compared to black Friday?

That 50 bucks extra is putting me off.

big_z

What's the likelihood of getting a better ps4 deal this boxing day compared to black Friday?

That 50 bucks extra is putting me off.

Zero. Get a shoppers optimum card, find someone that's at least 55 years old and buy one on seniors discount day and save 20% ($90)

Stage On

I think Best Buy will be handling Metaknight, EB Game will be handling Shulk, and Wal-Mart will be handling Lucario.

I can confirm that Lucario will be Toys r us from talking with on of the R-zone employes today

Zero. Get a shoppers optimum card, find someone that's at least 55 years old and buy one on seniors discount day and save 20% ($90)

Good luck with that one, It's a super long shot at best finding a shoppers that actually has a Ps4 in stock.

Sweet! Just got the last Xbox One controller at my local Source. Like the special edition blue!

image_zps97f90309.jpg

Dazzler

Sorry it's OT, but I'd like to get some opinions.

What would be fair to ask for an aqua blue original 3DS in perfect condition/used sparingly? I'm thinking about selling mine before getting a New 3DS.

It is an Ambassador one, but I'd prefer to wipe it before selling it.

For reference, I sold an xl with three games for 130 last week

hey sooooo...

Did anybody else pre-order Bloodborne off PSN at 69.99 only to see on day of release it's 59.99? Just chatted with Sony support about it, who (huge surprise) will do absolutely fucking nothing, and just re-iterate that this was a developer decision to drop price on day of release. When i pointed out that developers don't determine prices, publishers do and that this game is published by Sony, it didn't seem to have any impact. Also, it's a pre-release price adjustment - any website would refund that, wtf??

Anybody else struggling with the logic here?

Top Bottom