• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Where's the Pillow Talk?

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Shipping Has Been Delayed Until the Next Thread

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Please Don't Ever Make an $80s Show

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Penny is Still Dead, They're Still Bastards

Seik

Banned
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: We need a stronger dollar.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: WTF are import charges?! :mad:

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: My Order Is Showing Shipped

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: They Haven't Charged My Card Yet

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Still Waiting on E3 2013 Orders

oh god, all of these are so good. Especially the first one.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Where's the Pillow Talk?

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Shipping Has Been Delayed Until the Next Thread

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Please Don't Ever Make an $80s Show

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Penny is Still Dead, They're Still Bastards

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: At Least the Shipping's Free

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Oh god these all got a laugh out of me

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Ugh, where is my Tekken 3DS?

I also like whoever initially suggested Shipwrecked.

This is where you're wrong. It wasn't a pricedrop, Futureshop decided themselves the game would be 70$ and used a placeholder price so that you could preorder.

The official price is 45$ and you preordered the game under the assumption that you would get a 30% discount if you did so on the game's price.

If you let it slide, nothing in the future would prevent FS/BB from raising their placeholder prices to 80$ and rip you off ou tof the promotion in the process.

Well it was a price drop in the sense that the price for the game dropped from their price. This happened last year to people with Tropical Freeze I believe, too. I'm pretty sure they put in the fine print that the deal won't adapt to lower prices in the future.

And as for them artificially pricing things at high placeholder prices, there are numerous reasons why that would never happen. Customers are dumb, but not so dumb as to let that slide.

I mean, in my mind I ordered a fuckton of games at E3, and ended up saving a fuckton of money in the process. None of us were contacting Amazon during E3 and letting them know when their system was clearly fucked up and giving us a wayyyyy better deal than we should have been getting. So who am I to get all pissy that a game dropped in price, to a price that I was already happy getting it at anyway? Who gives a shit? Not a priority, not worth the time to me. Some people though, have plenty of time, and if that's the case, then by all means call and get your $8 back. If the Mortal Kombat X i ordered at $48 drops to $29.99 before release, I'll be happy as a pig in shit! I was already happy paying the $48, but extra savings? Great! But I'm not going to get all pissy at Future Shop for not giving me an EXTRA ten dollars off!

It's life, you win some you lose some.

Banned
Damn being broke. Should have bought the 360 when Amazon had it for $129. I got about 7 360 games I need to beat, incuding dragon age 1 and 2 before I play inquisition.

lupinko

Is there a site where I can buy Canadian PSN codes? I want to get destiny on PS3 (and I think if the offer applies still, the ps4 version).

I don't have a ps4 yet hence the purchase.

Dalius

Anyone who bought the BestBuy Cyber Monday PayPal deal for the $299 WiiU + 3D World + Mario Kart 8 + Amiibo... did your orders ship yet? Mine has been in 'processing limbo' since I ordered it last week. I've never ordered with BB or PayPal before so I'm worried I won't get this stuff before Xmas...

Firestorm

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Best Buy x Canada Post is the OTP

?

'cause y'all keep shippin different retailers and couriers and it seems we can start the arguments off strong with which husbandos and waifus we like best.

Also good note about highlighting new deals which I'll include in new OP. Anything else?

Oh and real talk: this new courier Amazon.ca uses (Dynamex?) is shit.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Only $60's Kids Will Remember
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Are You Bull-Shipping Me?
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | I'm Sorry, Your Package Is In Another Depot
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Shipping Is Free, Waiting Is Forever
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Ship My Dad Says
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | From "Eh" to "Ship"
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | Estimated Delivery Time: Soon(TM)
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5 | More Shipping Talk Than Fanfiction.net

Target Dec 19th - 24th

Ass creed XB1 bundle no kinect $399 with $50 giftcard
Buy 2 select games get $15 giftcard
PS4 TLOU bundle $449 with $50 giftcard
3DSXL $149

vvise

Guys I have a question, I've checked 5 SDM in the last week and none of them had a Vita in stock. I have a bunch of points and want to buy one...

Does Shoppers Drug Mart no longer stock PS Vita?

Sora_N

Guys I have a question, I've checked 5 SDM in the last week and none of them had a Vita in stock. I have a bunch of points and want to buy one...

I doubt they restocked it since no one buys it. Its never in their flyer so probably SOL for you if you wanted one there.

UberTag

Any deals on Driveclub right now? The weather patch is making me really curious
Barring the cross-border import from Amazon.com, I suspect it may be featured in one of the PSN digital sales in the coming weeks. It's already $49. Could easily see it marked down to $39 for regular folks and $29 for Plus subscribers.

Failing that there's always Boxing Day.

Barring the cross-border import from Amazon.com, I suspect it may be featured in one of the PSN digital sales in the coming weeks. It's already $49. Could easily see it marked down to $39 for regular folks and $29 for Plus subscribers.

Failing that there's always Boxing Day.

Yeah, boxing day seems like a given for this guy. I'll sit on it.

i-Jest

What city are you in. Maybe a fellow Canuck saw one.

Apparently the custom PS4 face plates aren't going to be available in Canada: https://twitter.com/PlayStationCA/status/542069644686004224

Why am I not surprised. Whateves. As long as Sony works to improve PSN infrastructure I don't really care. We're paying for it now so they have no excuse.

Top Bottom