• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

chrono01

Where's my Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk, and Meta Knight Amiibo pre-orders, Canada? Where!? I'm already seeing them sell out in the US, which doesn't inspire much confidence. :/

Canon

Banned
Bought 2 eshop cards from Target today and like a fucking idiot used my keys to scratch one off, and it completely destroyed half the numbers. Called Nintendo and they said they'd investigate within a few days. Had to give them a lot of information, but hopefully they do add the money. If not I can tell them I've spent hundreds on these things and this is the first time it's happened... hopefully they won't give me trouble.

How is Amazon.ca for product exchanges/issues? I want to pre-order some Amiibo's and they're the only retailer that has all the Wave 2 stuff in stock currently. I know that some Wave 1 Amiibo's had manufacturing defects, so I'd like to know how the process is with Amazon.ca in case I get a defective one.

How is Amazon.ca for product exchanges/issues? I want to pre-order some Amiibo's and they're the only retailer that has all the Wave 2 stuff in stock currently. I know that some Wave 1 Amiibo's had manufacturing defects, so I'd like to know how the process is with Amazon.ca in case I get a defective one.

I mean, it's fine, but considering pretty much every amiibo will have some sort of minor defect, the whole shipping and mailing process would be a major pain in the ass. I would make an online retailer the last resort if you think there's a chance you'll want to exchange.

Where's my Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk, and Meta Knight Amiibo pre-orders, Canada? Where!? I'm already seeing them sell out in the US, which doesn't inspire much confidence. :/
I just pre-ordered from the UK because of that, hopefully I can switch over to Canadian retailers soon. (I have a Shulk on order from the US also.)

My wallet silently weeps every night.

Sora_N

I just pre-ordered from the UK because of that, hopefully I can switch over to Canadian retailers soon. (I have a Shulk on order from the US also.)

My wallet silently weeps every night.

Do you know if Amazon UK has the same thing as US? For the US site you pre-pay import fees, but didn't see that option for UK.

I preordered Rosalina and Shulk anyways.

Hazu

This Amiibo hunting stuff is a real nightmare. ;_;

I seriously thought about that all day, and even last night. Help me.

I mean, it's fine, but considering pretty much every amiibo will have some sort of minor defect, the whole shipping and mailing process would be a major pain in the ass. I would make an online retailer the last resort if you think there's a chance you'll want to exchange.

Alright, thanks. I'll probably just wait on an offline retailer now that Nintendo has stated they're not ceasing production of certain models. Shouldn't be too hard to eventually get my hands on the ones I want.

chrono01

I don't want to import the Amiibo if I can help it. I already have Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer on their way from Japan, so I'd rather purchase Rosalina/Meta Knight/Shulk/Lucario locally if I can.

But you know how Canada can be with this sort of thing. -_-

Sora_N

When do the round 2 Amiibo come out? I'm assuming Shulk is EB exclusive so I want to go first thing when they become available.

3 of them are probably out this Friday, the other 3 listed as Dec 31.

Shulk is supposed to be Wave 3, I think it's probably EB too but there's nothing on their site at all.

ohlawd

Target didn't even get Captain Toad in stock yet. Laughable.

Even worse is that my order for the game from Best Buy is only at "label printed" status. Thanks for the great weekend, dudes.

really?

I went last Friday for the amiibo deal. They had to go to the back but came out with a decent stack of Toad.

MarkusRJR

Friday, but isn't Shulk in wave 3?

3 of them are probably out this Friday, the other 3 listed as Dec 31.

Shulk is supposed to be Wave 3, I think it's probably EB too but there's nothing on their site at all.
Oh okay. Guess I'll just be ready to quickly preorder him whenever they add him to the system.

Which of these 4 do you guys think will be rarer? Not sure which to get between Pit, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, or Zelda. Want to inevitably get all of them.

Sora_N

Oh okay. Guess I'll just be ready to quickly preorder him whenever they add him to the system.

Which of these 4 do you guys think will be rarer? Not sure which to get between Pit, Diddy Kong, Captain Falcon, or Zelda. Want to inevitably get all of them.

Pit and Captain Falcon probably, but Zelda and Diddy are currently sold out at FS/BB...so a little hard to tell. Technically the lesser known or smaller series will be rarer though.

So I noticed that amazon.ca is offering this right now:

Buy One Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus 12-month Membership and Get 20% Off Another One
While supplies last, buy one select Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus 12-month membership card and get 20% off of another membership card. Offer only valid with purchase of one of these select cards. Both cards must be in your cart at checkout for offer to apply. Offer valid when shipped from and sold by Amazon.ca. Amazon reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time. Promotion benefit will be applied at checkout. Limit one per customer.

so if I'm reading this right, if I buy a 1 year ps+ sub, I can get a second 1 yr for 20% off?

Firestorm

Anyone know of a good place online to order Pokemon Cards from? I'm trying to find a vendor but having mixed results.
Where do you live? Local options might be better. Canada doesn't have the greatest online vendors. I grab my most cards I can't get locally on eBay as there are a few Canadian "stores" operating on there. Otherwise, the large online stores to keep an eye on are http://trollandtoad.com and http://topcutcentral.com

I'm assuming you mean singles and not sets?

Also check out these two for online orders in Canada:

http://magicstronghold.com/
http://cartamagica.com/

I've finally begun the PSVita Farewell Tour. I have no reason to own it once I finish up P3P.

Think EB with those 30% extra deals is the best bet for trading it in? My EBgames seems to give great trade, sometimes even up to 70$ for the right game with the right deal.

Anyone traded in an OLED Vita and 32gb memory card lately, remember what you got?

Ventara

I've finally begun the PSVita Farewell Tour. I have no reason to own it once I finish up P3P.

Think EB with those 30% extra deals is the best bet for trading it in? My EBgames seems to give great trade, sometimes even up to 70$ for the right game with the right deal.

Anyone traded in an OLED Vita and 32gb memory card lately, remember what you got?

What?! Do you mind telling me how? Highest I've gotten was $60, and that was back during the golden years of trading.

What?! Do you mind telling me how? Highest I've gotten was $60, and that was back during the golden years of trading.

Just using the right deals I guess I got lucky. I always trade towards one of the upcoming bonus games even if I don't want it, then just come back before the release and put the credit on my edge card.

Ventara

Just using the right deals I guess I got lucky. I always trade towards one of the upcoming bonus games even if I don't want it, then just come back before the release and put the credit on my edge card.

Oh, do you mean the trade 3? I thought you meant you traded 1 game for $70. That would've been crazy good.

Past

I love how everyone in the world is fighting over the 20th anniversary PS4, bidding over $2000 for one while we Canadians can pre-order them peacefully next week for $500.

Joeku

Shit, I ain't one for scalping and such but considering we're getting allocated some, would it be so bad to sell one to an American who really wants it?

khaaan

I love how everyone in the world is fighting over the 20th anniversary PS4, bidding over $2000 for one while we Canadians can pre-order them peacefully next week for $500.

Where do we get to pre-order them from? I haven't been following but when I saw US had already started fighting I gave up hope.

khaaan

Top Bottom