• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ventara

Aw, I was hoping that preordered Amiibos would also be free with Captain Toad on Amazon, but it wouldn't let me use the code for Toon Link.

Wait, what? Amazon is also doing the free Amiibo with Captain Toad? Can this be applied to already ordered copies during the E3 promotion?

Lexxism

Anyone know how to check if something has been taxed for duties?

I helped my dad order a OnePlusOne and it cleared customs apparently, does that mean I will or won't get dinged with duties?

I think the only way to know is when they are at your door. There was a fee breakdown by one of the RFD who imported the same phone. The fees seems reasonable. It's like you bought the phone locally.

USD$349.00 for phone
USD$27.99 for shipping
Total: USD$376.99 (my credit card charged CAD$439.12 for this)

CAD$59.92 (for order made on Oct 18th) for duties and taxes which includes 13% HST for Ontario (13% of CAD$439.12 = $57.09)
So, really, import fee is like $3 depending on how you see it.

Sora_N

I think the only way to know is when they are at your door. There was a fee breakdown by one of the RFD who imported the same phone. The fees seems reasonable. It's like you bought the phone locally.

USD$349.00 for phone
USD$27.99 for shipping
Total: USD$376.99 (my credit card charged CAD$439.12 for this)

Interesting, so I paid $386 total, I chose the USPS option. I think $28 is FedEx.

I wonder if there's a chance I can skip the duties, but probably not eh.

Someone posted...

Choose USPS option for shipping, you pay no Duty or taxes. Saves @ $50 vs DHL. Got mine last yeterday, no extra fees.

Crossing my fingers lol

Fularu

Banned
So Amazon shipped my Captain Toad but they made a mistake. They only took 15% out of 45$ instead of the E3 promotion which was 30%.

Well I contacted their customer service nd had to argue with them that the promotion wasn't properly applied and that they owed me an another 18% off (so that it's 30% in the end). I tell the CSR that I should have paid 31.5$ instead of what they charged me.

After a few exchanges, the CSR tells me I'll get a refund but, look and behold, they refunded me 15$...

So in the end, I got 50% off Captain Toad o_O and the game should be here tomorow.

22.5$ for Captain toad is too good a deal to pass on :p

Ventara

So Amazon shipped my Captain Toad but they made a mistake. They only took 15% out of 45$ instead of the E3 promotion which was 30%.

Well I contacted their customer service nd had to argue with them that the promotion wasn't properly applied and that they owed me an another 18% off (so that it's 30% in the end). I tell the CSR that I should have paid 31.5$ instead of what they charged me.

After a few exchanges, the CSR tells me I'll get a refund but, look and behold, they refunded me 15$...

So in the end, I got 50% off Captain Toad o_O and the game should be here tomorow.

22.5$ for Captain toad is too good a deal to pass on :p

Same thing happened to me. Maybe I should call, too? How long and hard did you have to argue? I'm kinda lazy, and don't complain well.

khaaan

Is it true that Lettermail doesn't have tracking?

This junk is on my order, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to be looking at:
Shipment 1 Shipped via [ERROR RESOURCE KEY MISSING : Category : GlobalCodeDescriptions ; Key : NA] Standard Delivery on 12/02/2014. Tracking information may not be available for 24 hrs.

Futureshop puts all their receipts and stuff inside the package, right? I believe letter mail doesn't have tracking unless the package is registered, and the only way to register it is to get a sticker with a barcode on it that they can track. It could be possible that a cheap item like that is cheap enough to offer free shipping for but not worth paying for tracking to them.

Sajjaja

Wow this is a great deal

Hobbit + LotR 75th anniversary boxset for $9.50

0261103563.jpg

I bought this. I probably won't read it. But I bought it because....yes. I bought it lol. It's just so pretty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Interesting, so I paid $386 total, I chose the USPS option. I think $28 is FedEx.

I wonder if there's a chance I can skip the duties, but probably not eh.

Someone posted...

Crossing my fingers lol
Wait, did they finally add USPS shipping to Canada for One Plus One? The only reason I've been holding off is because of DHL and their fuckery.

zroid

Banned
I bought this. I probably won't read it. But I bought it because....yes. I bought it lol. It's just so pretty.

Know the feel bro. I bought this beauty a couple years ago:

voXpTsU.png

I don't even read physical books these days, more of a Kindle guy, but had to have it!

Sora_N

That LOTR set is for the bigger books right?

I bought cheaper movie tie-in version last year for $7 or something, didn't even finish Hobbit lol.

canonj

Future Shop finally shipped Captain Toad. Now that Canada Post does weekend deliveries leading up to Christmas, what are the chances that I'll get the game tomorrow or Sunday?

Sora_N

Wtf Zelda and Little Mac Amiibos are sold out on Best Buy's site now. I wish I didn't cancel now, but I don't want a shitty paint Zelda.

iphys

Wtf Zelda and Little Mac Amiibos are sold out on Best Buy's site now. I wish I didn't cancel now, but I don't want a shitty paint Zelda.

Wow. I pre-ordered Little Mac and Pit when they first went up and the first wave hysteria was starting to kick in. Yay, me!

This is only for my Canadian gaming peeps, so none of you dirty non-Canadians go and steal this. It's not much, but I won't use it.

One free day Redbox movie rental
Code:
2H4HGVJ
Please quote if you use it so no one else wastes their time. Enjoy!

Sajjaja

Know the feel bro. I bought this beauty a couple years ago:

voXpTsU.png

I don't even read physical books these days, more of a Kindle guy, but had to have it!
Damn that is gorgeous. I am a sucker for books sets that are pretty.

I bought these two on Amazon a while back because it matched.
poster_animalfarm_lrg.jpg~320x480

poster_1984_lrg.jpg~320x480

i-Jest

I knew this was going to happen. Put in a preorder for Little Mac, Pit, and Captain Falcon a few days ago. This Amiibo thirst is real guys.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Futureshop puts all their receipts and stuff inside the package, right? I believe letter mail doesn't have tracking unless the package is registered, and the only way to register it is to get a sticker with a barcode on it that they can track. It could be possible that a cheap item like that is cheap enough to offer free shipping for but not worth paying for tracking to them.
They don't even print receipts anymore though.

I kind of wish it was just "No tracking" if that's how it actually shipped, because I don't know anything about where my package is and FS is out of stock on the BD so I don't even know if I can get a replacement.

I just don't think I've ever had anything ship without tracking before, and the fact that no one at FS seems to be able to explain why there's a tracking number that isn't a real tracking number is almost infuriating because the only response they know how to give is "wait 5-7 days".

i-Jest

Off topic but but any word on who might be the hard to come by ones in Amiibo 2nd wave. Some speculate it will be Pit, Captain Falcon, and Little Mac. I'm seeing sold out preorders for Princess Zelda, Little Mac, Diddy Kong. To soon to tell??

antibolo

Banned
Yeah, the 'standard' option I think is USPS. Express is DHL and costs less lol.

Uh no DHL is scum.

I've never been NOT charged extra fees on delivery by them.

I once ordered a t-shirt on Thinkgeek and they charged me more than the t-shirt was worth in bogus export fees.

does anyone have any idea how we'll be able to purchase the 20th anniv ps4?

just thinking about how the scalpers from rfd will use multiple credit cards and multiple addresses to bypass the order limit just makes me sad.

Anony

remember those DS4 controllers that were on ebay (from toysrus) for 35$?

well i ordered one almost 3 weeks ago, got email saying it would have been delivered a few days ago according to their timeline thing.
didnt get anything.
today, i got an email saying they're refunding me money for no reason
i cant go into the details page because i signed in though i checked out using the guest option
i also cant decline the refund because of that as well

anything i can do?
this is complete bullshit because they fully took my money, wtf
i was under the impression they wouldnt have taking my money until they actually send it (even though this is ebay, this is also toysrus)

anyone else bought from them?

Socreges

Banned
Since we all (for the most part) use keyboards here...

Looking for a no-frills wired keyboard for under $30. Just something that won't feel cheap. Not ergonomic, no trackpad necessary (at least I don't see why). I'll be using it for standard desktop use and some gaming.

Any recommendations?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My Deadwood complete series blu ray from Amazon mixed up two of the stickers on the discs.

Season One disc two, and Season Two disc two had their stickers swapped for some reason, luckily they still contained both discs. The first time I opened it I was worried they might have given me two of the same.

Top Bottom