• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Will we?
I understand it's only available in Las Vegs this weekend.

From Playstation US Twitter :

Today, the PS4 20th Anniversary Edition will be available in very limited supply. We'll tweet out a preorder link shortly after the keynote

PSN Blog wrote to watch the Twitter of Playstation Canada during the event to learn how to pre-order here.

Nothing so far, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Shipwrecked.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Enzo got Garden Warfare and he didn't even have to pay for it

Luigi87

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Shipwrecked.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Enzo got Garden Warfare and he didn't even have to pay for it

For a moment I was all "Why is enzo thinking up thread 5 titles" then I went "holy crap we're almost at 20k!"

This has been a crazy fast year for me...

Canon

Banned
Hey guys. My Captain Toad from FutureShop hasn't even fucking shipped yet and it came out yesterday. Cool.

Also I ordered an iPad last Sunday and it will take until this Thursday to get it. Pretty horrendous shipping.

How long before release does FutureShop/BestBuy usually put Amiibo pre-orders up? Want to grab Captain Falcon, but to get free shipping I need one other item, and he's all I want from Wave 2. So I guess I need to wait until Wave 3? Or are there any promo codes for free shipping or something?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. My Captain Toad from FutureShop hasn't even fucking shipped yet and it came out yesterday. Cool.

Also I ordered an iPad last Sunday and it will take until this Thursday to get it. Pretty horrendous shipping.
Buy from futureshop and play it now and return the one you get later with the receipt from the first one?

I ordered Toad yesterday from Amazon and expected date is next Thursday.

Just got off the phone with FutureShop. Getting a $20 credit towards my $46.42 Captain Toad. I guess that works!

What did you say to them? What time did you call (can you include your time zone?)

I spent LITERALLY over an hour going around in circles with the robots at Indian Best Buy support reading off their book of scripts (I believe they're allotted 6 unique sentences) and got nowhere.

Last year I had FS change the prices without issue (OK, it was an issue, but they relented in the end when I invoked the Advertising Standards of Canada).

It's really this simple: In Canada you cannot offer a percentage discount off a price that a product was never sold for. In fact, they have to sell the product AT THAT PRICE for over 6 months to be within the letter of law. Suzy Shier was nailed for this with offers of 80% off, when in reality the products they sold NEVER sold for that inflated price.

The minute you could physically possess the item, the price was $44.99. That's the real price. The agreement I entered in to was 30% off each game with a minimum purchase of 3 games. 30% off a fictitious price that the game was never--and will never be sold for is simply not acceptable (they kept telling me it was already discounted).

They refused to escalate my call. They refused to let me talk to anyone else. I actually had to call them multiple times over 3 days because "their computers don't work".

This is the last time I will be dealing with Best Buy.

/checks watch to see how long it takes for anti-consumer, pro-corporation comments to come pouring in...

antibolo

Banned
Waited all day to finally learn that from Playstation Canada:

Thanks! Was it that hard to say in advance...

So Canada is allocated a certain amount of the 12300 units?

That's awesome! I was honestly expecting them to forget that Canada exists, and just sell all of the units allocated to North America in the US only.

Time to make an account on store.sony.ca in advance!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was worth the $20 I paid. Why is it free? I'm gonna trade my disc copy in now lol.
I guess you missed the PSX keynote today? EA is giving away 3 free games on PSN.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (PS4)
Mirror's Edge (PS3)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Vita)

The free offer is only for this weekend but I didn't catch what time it ends.

Sora_N

I guess you missed the PSX keynote today? EA is giving away 3 free games on PSN.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare (PS4)
Mirror's Edge (PS3)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Vita)

The free offer is only for this weekend but I didn't catch what time it ends.

Yeah I was sorta hungover and am at work now. Claimed pvz on my phone already lol. I bought the other two games already and hated them both (NFS and ME)

i-Jest

Will we?
I understand it's only available in Las Vegs this weekend.

EDIT: apparently we have to check twitter: https://twitter.com/playstationca

FACK!. If only I had the money to make another console purchase. This is the pits.

For a moment I was all "Why is enzo thinking up thread 5 titles" then I went "holy crap we're almost at 20k!"

This has been a crazy fast year for me...

We haven't kept shipping GAF in check have we?

espher

God I really want an open Villager but I don't want to open mine if they're discontinued. Argh. I didn't buy (a second) one on Amazon the morning my order was delivered because I was waiting to see the condition they arrived in, and they sold out before I got back to my office. It's going to be the only Wave 1 char I don't have a dupe of. :(

In other news, got a price adjustment on my Captain Toad order through Amazon... though oddly after explaining the situation and giving all of the pricing math I was asked what I wanted to resolve the situation. Seems kind of a weird way to do it but hey.

Joeku

Yeah I was sorta hungover and am at work now. Claimed pvz on my phone already lol. I bought the other two games already and hated them both (NFS and ME)

Whoa, hold a sec. Why do you hate Mirror's Edge? Just curious.

Now that PvZ is free, who is likely to give me the most for trading it in?

Whoa, hold a sec. Why do you hate Mirror's Edge? Just curious.

Now that PvZ is free, who is likely to give me the most for trading it in?

Sell it on craigslist or ebay. Stores seem fairly savvy on free game giveaways like this, and I could see PVZ's trade in value dropping like a sack of bricks after this at most stores.

Joeku

I guess I could do that after the sale's over, yeah.

And Sora, like, didn't enjoy the whole momentum and free-running thing, or what? How much time did you put into it? Not trying to give you crap, but Mirror's Edge is one of the most unique games (especially in the AAA space) of the last generation. It deserves to be played through for that alone.

jholmes

I think EA is hot garbage but I adored Mirror's Edge and Most Wanted. I'm actually impressed they're giving away games of this quality, although I know EA is churning out cheap copies of ME on the regular and I'd guess there isn't a huge demand for MW on the Vita.

Sora_N

I think EA is hot garbage but I adored Mirror's Edge and Most Wanted. I'm actually impressed they're giving away games of this quality, although I know EA is churning out cheap copies of ME on the regular and I'd guess there isn't a huge demand for MW on the Vita.

I guess I could do that after the sale's over, yeah.

And Sora, like, didn't enjoy the whole momentum and free-running thing, or what? How much time did you put into it? Not trying to give you crap, but Mirror's Edge is one of the most unique games (especially in the AAA space) of the last generation. It deserves to be played through for that alone.

The backgrounds killed my eyes but some of the encounters were not fun. Ruined the game. I guess paying $3 makes it easy to decide if I hate something. I didn't like it and won't be trying to finish it. It was fun to do unique platforming for a few hours though.

MW was OK but I just don't like racing games that much. I thought I would give it a try lol.

That said I didn't hate ME that much. I get why its good but maybe the level style is too old by now.

i-Jest

God I really want an open Villager but I don't want to open mine if they're discontinued. Argh. I didn't buy (a second) one on Amazon the morning my order was delivered because I was waiting to see the condition they arrived in, and they sold out before I got back to my office. It's going to be the only Wave 1 char I don't have a dupe of. :(

In other news, got a price adjustment on my Captain Toad order through Amazon... though oddly after explaining the situation and giving all of the pricing math I was asked what I wanted to resolve the situation. Seems kind of a weird way to do it but hey.

According to Video Game Plus the trinity, Marth, WFT and Villager, are discontinued. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=946633

Sora_N

Crossposting from here

20141207_033406_zpsa9bba13c.jpg

I'm only repainting again since I was able to sell my Blue Link on eBay lol.

I can't wait till Zelda's out, have a few ideas but for Zelda I may be tempted to keep it after repainting lol.

NeoZylom

Hey guys! I preordered tons of game from E3 with the BestBuy get xx% off preorders offer. Thing is, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker was marked at 59.99 (iirc), with xx% off it was 45.49$. They shipped it to me on friday and I just realized they did not lower the sale price so they still charged me 45.49$ (reg. price is 44.99 now). Will I still get the xx% off that new price if I call them? (I don't want to call them for a 50cents pricing error if I can't get the % off)

Hey guys! I preordered tons of game from E3 with the BestBuy get xx% off preorders offer. Thing is, Captain Toad Treasure Tracker was marked at 59.99 (iirc), with xx% off it was 45.49$. They shipped it to me on friday and I just realized they did not lower the sale price so they still charged me 45.49$ (reg. price is 44.99 now). Will I still get the xx% off that new price if I call them? (I don't want to call them for a 50cents pricing error if I can't get the % off)

No, generally they won't do that.

Zing

Banned
Target didn't even get Captain Toad in stock yet. Laughable.

Even worse is that my order for the game from Best Buy is only at "label printed" status. Thanks for the great weekend, dudes.

zroid

Banned
Target didn't even get Captain Toad in stock yet. Laughable.

Even worse is that my order for the game from Best Buy is only at "label printed" status. Thanks for the great weekend, dudes.

Based Amazon!

My Best Buy order is in the same position. Probably won't even be getting it till Tuesday at this rate.

Top Bottom