• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

daevv

This thread pays off! Picked up a camo DS4 at The Source today for $39. It goes great with my white one I got for $44 at Best Buy last month.

Banned
For that buy two I might get Metro, Shadows of Mordor and Tomb Raider. I'll wait to get lords and AC Unity.

I wish Captain Toad was out so that I could get it during the Target deal. I am probably not going to get anything, but I will be by a Target next week so I might as well look.

I agree. I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a second even though there's nothing co-op on the system that interests my daughter.

i1In8uBRBB4CG.jpg

I'm not completely sold on the grey at their bottom, though.

Xbox so much sexier with that black bottom

Sweet Ivy

Drat, went to the Source and they were sold out of DS4, a guy went in and bought all their stock.
Quite annoying and not very smart either to not set any kind of limit for in-store purchases... it was late so all other Source were already closed.

Grimsen

If the target sale works on Disney infinity playsets like in the US, I might get the Guardians, Spidey and avengers playsets. (If Avengers comes out on the 4th as planned)

I'm going to trade in my PS4 watchdogs copy (haven't opened it ever since I got it from Futureshop E3 sale). What's the best place for me to get the most money back for the game? Trying to trade it in and get some credit towards COD

NolbertoS

Anyone have experience buying stuff from SuperUFO.com? Did you get dinged for customs?

Never ordered to a Canadian address, but ordered to my US address and didn't get any custom fees on it. They tend to put PS vita memory cards in a bubble wrap envelope.

I'm going to trade in my PS4 watchdogs copy (haven't opened it ever since I got it from Futureshop E3 sale). What's the best place for me to get the most money back for the game? Trying to trade it in and get some credit towards COD

Once it's past the 30 days of your purchase, it is as good as a used copy.

Your best would be is to sell it in Craigslist or Kiiji if you have the patience. If not, just trade it in at either BB/FS or EBGames for a smaller in store credit.

Maximus.

I hate when games delivered are loose in the packaging. I've had 3 games now not sit in the package when I received them. 2/3 I returned the game because I didn't want it, but this time I checked and the disc looks pristine. Wonder if it's just the rugged delivery process that knocks the disc out.

farisr

For those interest in picking up more than 1.

Xbox One Controller $45.60 at DirectCanada.ca (shipping is only free on orders over $50)

Link

For those on the lookout. It may not be DS4 at TheSource good, but $15 off retail is still decent. Not worth it if you're just picking up 1 controller and nothing else due to shipping charges on orders below $50.

So I'm only asking this because I don't know where to ask this and it's Amazon.ca related...
In a VERY weird turn of events, Amazon just randomly took $40 of my account for no reason. I thought maybe it was an order I forgot or even someone using my card, but according to Amazon no withdrawal was ever made. Any idea on what I should do here? Talk to my bank?
Also, I never thought I'd say this, but watch out for Amazon haha.

This thread pays off! Picked up a camo DS4 at The Source today for $39. It goes great with my white one I got for $44 at Best Buy last month.

It definitely does and yeah I got the controller price matched at Future Shop last night.

Wish we could get some deals on Xbone controllers like that.

I'm waiting on them but I don't suppose they will have a discount on the Call Of Duty controller.

For that buy two I might get Metro, Shadows of Mordor and Tomb Raider. I'll wait to get lords and AC Unity.

Just wait a few weeks and Tomb Raider and Metro will be dirt cheap.

Like Tagg mentioned, might as well just wait at this point, these games should be cheaper and you shouldn't be surprised if you can pick up both for around $50 by the end of the year.

So I'm only asking this because I don't know where to ask this and it's Amazon.ca related...
In a VERY weird turn of events, Amazon just randomly took $40 of my account for no reason. I thought maybe it was an order I forgot or even someone using my card, but according to Amazon no withdrawal was ever made. Any idea on what I should do here? Talk to my bank?

Wait, they took $40 off your bank account?

If so, when you call your bank, the transaction will have a date and a reference number and with that try contacting Amazon, preferably with a proof. Perhaps you can email them?

If they can't provide proof of any purchase I would definitely talk to my bank/credit card company about it.

lupinko

If it's still sealed, you can sell it for more on Craigslist.

If they can't provide proof of any purchase I would definitely talk to my bank/credit card company about it.

I've never had issues with bank accounts but if it's a credit card issue, yeah a dispute can be filed and what they do is usually they refund your money back and start an investigation and based on the outcome, that refund stays intact or will be reversed.

I managed to pricematch at Wal-Mart for the DS4 and got myself a nice white one. I'm very tempted to go back and get two more, except I doubt I'd ever use that many...

flkraven

Does anyone in Canada sell custom controllers? I want a second XB1 controller, but don't want black, camo, or the CoD one. Leaning Titanfall, but I like some of the options on Evil Controllers. Just wondering if there is a Canadian equivalent.

I'm weighing whether I should go digital with this new Grand Theft Auto on PS4, since it looks like i'll be spending a large amount of time with it. I just wanted to make sure of one thing. PSN store still doesn't charge taxes right? If I buy a $50 and $20 PSN card, that'll be enough for the $70 game?

Returners

I'm weighing whether I should go digital with this new Grand Theft Auto on PS4, since it looks like i'll be spending a large amount of time with it. I just wanted to make sure of one thing. PSN store still doesn't charge taxes right? If I buy a $50 and $20 PSN card, that'll be enough for the $70 game?

yup. So far nothing.

torontoml

So I pre-ordered gta through futureshop at e3, since I've moved to Fort McMurray those preorders seem to arrive about a week late, could I buy gta at Walmart or eb games on November 18 and return my futureshop copy to one of those stores? Would there be anything different with the sku numbers?

vulva

So I pre-ordered gta through futureshop at e3, since I've moved to Fort McMurray those preorders seem to arrive about a week late, could I buy gta at Walmart or eb games on November 18 and return my futureshop copy to one of those stores? Would there be anything different with the sku numbers?

iirc walmart's started using their own skus for things to avoid receiptless returns from other stores

iirc walmart's started using their own skus for things to avoid receiptless returns from other stores

Really?

Just to be safe I generally buy from Futureshop if I'm waiting on a game I ordered online. Then if there is a store specific sku I am safe.

Does anyone in Canada sell custom controllers? I want a second XB1 controller, but don't want black, camo, or the CoD one. Leaning Titanfall, but I like some of the options on Evil Controllers. Just wondering if there is a Canadian equivalent.

If you don't mind taking a crack at it yourself, you can grab replacement controller shells and buttons on eBay or Amazon and just do it yourself. Way cheaper that way, and you get to learn a little bit about how a controller works

Some examples:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=xbox one controller shell

I've opened up my PS4 controllers a few times already to swap out the analog sticks. It's not too hard really, theres lots of videos on youtube with steps

Is kijiji or Craigslist more popular for buying and selling games? I've mostly used kijiji but most users seem to expect to get rare, excellent condition games for like 10$. I constantly have people haggling (more like demanding) for 50% off. When I used kijiji outside the gta before, I didn't have to deal with so many people like that.

My wife was selling a lamp worth 30$ with the original packaging for 12$ and the people wanting it were demanding 10$ and expecting the light bulb included.

TheExodu5

Banned
Bayshore had some 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 Plus models this morning. Picked one up.

Out of stock now, unfortunately, but just a reminder to keep checking if you're on the lookout. They seem to get new stock every day.

Is kijiji or Craigslist more popular for buying and selling games? I've mostly used kijiji but most users seem to expect to get rare, excellent condition games for like 10$. I constantly have people haggling (more like demanding) for 50% off. When I used kijiji outside the gta before, I didn't have to deal with so many people like that.

My wife was selling a lamp worth 30$ with the original packaging for 12$ and the people wanting it were demanding 10$ and expecting the light bulb included.

I think that depends on the area or the city but I've found Kijiji to be more widespread in Canada.

Bayshore had some 64GB and 128GB iPhone 6 Plus models this morning. Picked one up.

Out of stock now, unfortunately, but just a reminder to keep checking if you're on the lookout. They seem to get new stock every day.

Oh okay, I need to keep checking I guess. I need to switch to the 64GB from this 16 I've been using.

Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom