• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stage On

I asked them on Twitter if they'd add the 3 Atlus games and got no response. I guess my backup order on Amazon will have to do.

The thing that sucks about it being on Amazon is that if they end up adjusting the price to remove the Atlas tax you might not end up getting a proper 20% off discount in the end. I would have felt safer ordering it from Best buy in this case.

i-Jest

The thing that sucks about it being on Amazon is that if they end up adjusting the price to remove the Atlas tax you might not end up getting a proper 20% off discount in the end. I would have felt safer ordering it from Best buy in this case.

Yeah, Bestbuy would have been ideal but it just wasn't in the cards I guess.

Stage On

Yeah, Bestbuy would have been ideal but it just wasn't in the cards I guess.

I have an order for Pokemon Ultra sun and Moon from both Amazon and Best buy. It'll be interesting to see which one actually gives me them for the correct $40 before tax price point once the placeholder is fixed and which I'll have to cancel.

Went on BB and Nintendo Switches are available for reservation and in-store pick up near me (Toronto). Everytime I try to go through with one though the website sort of bricks and I've tried two browsers so far. Well, shit

Kiro

Well, my ARMS isn't arriving from Amazon today. Which means Monday. Got a 5 dollar discount which is okay I guess, but I had plans to play this game this weekend.

Haines

Banned
Well, my ARMS isn't arriving from Amazon today. Which means Monday. Got a 5 dollar discount which is okay I guess, but I had plans to play this game this weekend.

Why do you get a dsicount. Do they have a policy that says you will get the game on release day?

Mines actually arriving today which is very suprising. Usually get it monday

Kiro

Why do you get a dsicount. Do they have a policy that says you will get the game on release day?

Mines actually arriving today which is very suprising. Usually get it monday

Amazon Prime Guaranteed Release Date Delivery. I wouldn't make a big deal if I didn't have plans to play it this weekend and now I won't get it until Monday. I hate Friday releases.

Haines

Banned
Amazon Prime Guaranteed Release Date Delivery. I wouldn't make a big deal if I didn't have plans to play it this weekend and now I won't get it until Monday. I hate Friday releases.

Man i should have gotten so many discounts.

At least i know this going forward now.

Idk your situation, but you can iust buy it walmart, and than take the amazon copy back to walmart with reciept.

Fularu

Banned
Man i should have gotten so many discounts.

At least i know this going forward now.

Idk your situation, but you can iust buy it walmart, and than take the amazon copy back to walmart with reciept.
Not all games are eligible. Also it's not about the guarenteed release date delivery, it's about them missing their guarenteed delivery date (or estimate)

kevin1025

Banned
Amazon: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit.
Intelcom: We have not received the package for this tracking number.

...well, that's ominous.

Kiro

Yeah, it's them missing their date. But honestly, with Amazon it has happens quite a bit. Some people get $10 each time, but I have only ever gotten $5.

Keep refreshing bestbuy.ca guys! I got a switch red/blue to go through checkout just now! They keep glitching in and out of stock and reserve!

Edit: it also came with a free Lottie amiibo, you know the ugly as fuck one they can't sell for $5 on clearance xD

Jashobeam

Keep refreshing bestbuy.ca guys! I got a switch red/blue to go through checkout just now! They keep glitching in and out of stock and reserve!

Edit: it also came with a free Lottie amiibo, you know the ugly as fuck one they can't sell for $5 on clearance xD

thanks to you now I'm clicking the checkout button every 5 seconds, it better pay off!

Damn, seems I should have just walked into a local store for my Switch rather than jumping on the stock that came in at Amazon.

Now I'm stuck with 5-day "2 Day Prime Shipping" and the status between Amazon.ca and Canada Post doesn't match up. (Left Seller Facility vs. Label Created)

jokkir

Well, that's really surprising. My Arms actually got shipped and delivered within a span of 12 hours. Had me worried there for a second.

Deal?

So just browsing Amazon.ca and noticed 1-2-Switch has a discount, so $51.99 @ checkout for Prime Members.

Not sure why?

y44giieos3kor5xjo7t7.gif

JDH

what why, it's so much better that way... you get to play over the weekend instead of playing small chunks of your new game over 4 days until the weekend hits

If they released mid-week or something at least your chances of getting the game to actually play on the weekend skyrocket. I've only had one Amazon item actually arrive on release day...

what why, it's so much better that way... you get to play over the weekend instead of playing small chunks of your new game over 4 days until the weekend hits

Because instead of getting it a day late and getting it Wednesday, you miss out on a whole weekend.

Vinc

Amazon: Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit.
Intelcom: We have not received the package for this tracking number.

...well, that's ominous.

Nah I think that's normal, happens all the time with Intelcom. Honestly, Intelcom is fine as long as you're home when they deliver. They're just hooooooorrible if you're not home, since they only have one post office location, and drivers have a bad habit of leaving packages in terrible locations if you're not there and they decide it's safe to drop it somewhere. I got home once after being told the package was delivered, and I ended up finding the package in my outside recycle bin. I had to call Intelcom to find out it was there. Whoever took my call asked the driver and was told "it was raining, so I might have left it in the recycle bin".

It's ridiculous. But if you're home, they'll usually deliver it on time without issue.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Might have missed a post about it, but prime discounts are back up.
Not for all games. For example Yonder wasn't eligible for the E3 discount and it's still not eligible for the Prime discount.

I noticed that as well. For some reason 1 2 Switch seems to have never lost its Prime launch window 20% discount that's supposed to last only up to two weeks after release.

Still too expensive tho
The discount on Puyo Puyo Tetris Switch lasted almost a month after release.

kevin1025

Banned
Nah I think that's normal, happens all the time with Intelcom. Honestly, Intelcom is fine as long as you're home when they deliver. They're just hooooooorrible if you're not home, since they only have one post office location, and drivers have a bad habit of leaving packages in terrible locations if you're not there and they decide it's safe to drop it somewhere. I got home once after being told the package was delivered, and I ended up finding the package in my outside recycle bin. I had to call Intelcom to find out it was there. Whoever took my call asked the driver and was told "it was raining, so I might have left it in the recycle bin".

It's ridiculous. But if you're home, they'll usually deliver it on time without issue.

thats normal for all couriers amazon uses, it takes a bit for them to get the tracking number in their system

Yep, they just updated it an hour ago saying it's in Ottawa, but isn't saying it's out for delivery yet. Given it's always several hours behind, and also have an extra mailbox thing on the side of the house, I'll just check here and there throughout the day. This is my second Intelcom package, and the first was a day early, so I'm cool with them so far! Just weird to go from two years of having Canada Post deliveries, and now it's two Intelcom's in a row.

Mupod

huh, god of war drop to 50 on amazon.ca for anyone else? Guess this will be an FFXV situation where I keep a preorder for a game I don't want that badly because of the price.

Was all ready to put in preorders with best buy yesterday but they were out of stock for Yakuza Kiwami. Welp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom