• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

On the bright side, when we are unable to purchase the Super NES Classic due to lack of stock we'll be able to pick up a copy of Pokkén Tournament DX for the same price. How exciting!

Dazzler

Holy geez. I have an existing Ontario number. I can just walk into a Koodo and ask for a Quebec number and switch plans?!

No. Go through a 3rd party seller like Best Buy. Tell them you're moving to Quebec and want a Quebec plan. When you get home, simply port your existing number over. It's that easy.

The staff at Best Buy know what you're doing, they just don't give a shit

N° 2048

leeman right now:

giphy.gif

I'm going to be on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean when this comes out. God damnnit.

Trade places? I need a vacation.

Oh god...I knew it would be coming but I pray it isn't as much of a disaster as the NES Classic.

It's Nintendo, who am I kidding. Probably already sold out.

mileS

Ain't even mad at the lack of Chrono Trigger. I have a DSi that has turned into a glorified Chrono Trigger machine. Replay it every couple of years. Great version.

but again, not even gonna get my hopes up.

BaconHat

Please please please guys, PM me or bump the shit outta this thread or create a new thread when preoder goes up!

I'm getting PTSD from tying to acquire NES Classic, running to Walmarts and EB Games and Beat Buys and to see one in person was too much for me...

Add me to that list.
I never want to have to redo the previous experience with the NES.

c-murph

No. Go through a 3rd party seller like Best Buy. Tell them you're moving to Quebec and want a Quebec plan. When you get home, simply port your existing number over. It's that easy.

The staff at Best Buy know what you're doing, they just don't give a shit

Heading to best buy tomorrow. lmao 5gb for the amount I'm paying for 1gb. Hell yaw.

What's it usually cost for the initial set up?

True Fire

I have a casual interest in this, but is it really worth the stress?

My Wii, Laptop, cellphone, Raspberry Pi, and microwave can already play these games.

Quadratic

Thanks for the Discord link. I'm pretty much glued to my work computer today waiting for when the preorders for the SNES classic go up...

c-murph

There's a classic SNES now? What benefits does it offer over say the original or any of the millions of emulators out there now? I'm assuming Nintendo went the NES Mini route and it just has preset 30 games again...

Fumpster

Just joined the Discord server, thanks for making that. I can't see SNES Mini Classic pre-orders going up anytime soon but you never know.

kennah

How do you change your number without changing your plan? I have the opposite problem. I live in Quebec and want to keep my Manitoba plan. Last time I tried it was $15 a month more for the same thing if I wanted to change my Manitoba number to a local one.

Rogers.

Dazzler

Heading to best buy tomorrow. lmao 5gb for the amount I'm paying for 1gb. Hell yaw.

What's it usually cost for the initial set up?

Free

So Smyths Toys in Ireland has the SNES Classic up for pre-order. I pre-ordered to my parent's house in Dublin, and will get them to ship it to me in Canada, nice to have it taken care of. Will also pick up a North American one if I can

There's a classic SNES now? What benefits does it offer over say the original or any of the millions of emulators out there now? I'm assuming Nintendo went the NES Mini route and it just has preset 30 games again...

it comes with the never before released Starfox 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom